PDA

View Full Version : 25NL 6Max: How do I play these hands better against X-loose aggressor

yeedog
10-19-2006, 03:59 AM
Hand #1:

Villian is a quite loose playing atleast 70% of his hands with no regard for if there was a raise in front of him or not.

Can I really put him on some kind of 2 pair? Maybe betting his flush draw?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop

BB ($33.10)
Hero ($18.30)
MP ($48.15)
Button ($27.20)
SB ($25.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $1.15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $6</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ??? </font>

A call here means the pot is $16 and i only have ~$11 left behind. Do I push any non scary turn card? Any merit to re-re-raising all in to his min bet? Do you go broke by the river to any no scary turn/river cards?

Hand #2

Only saw a limted number of hands with this guy. He bought in short for only $15. He was as prety loose as well raising with any two cards that was 10 or better. Not as crazy as the guy from hand 1 tho.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop

CO ($32.95)
Button ($30.95)
Hero ($22.95)
BB ($16.55)
UTG ($30.30)
MP ($6.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.75</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.75) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, BB calls $3.50.

Turn: ($10.75) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero??</font>

At this point he only has about $11 left and the pot is $10.75. How much do you bet here? is putting him all in a good move or will I only get called by something that beats me? Any decent sized bet seem to commit me to the pot if he pushes back tho.

Thanks all!

wake_up
10-19-2006, 04:07 AM
Both interesting hands... here's my line (not necessarily good!):

Hand 1: What has villain be like POSTflop? I can see a fold here if a minraise means he has a hand (as it often does at this level). WHy is your stack only $18?

Hand 2: Check and call down the turn and river. If you push you're probably only getting called by a hand that beats you but you might pick off a bluff sometimes with the C/C line.

kazana
10-19-2006, 04:35 AM
Hand 1: If he's really that wild, I'd push preflop. After SB's call you're getting enough overlay to get the chips in. That is, if you think MP will call with a few A-hi combinations and medium PPs.

Hand 2: Raise more pf. I'm not a big fan of that call after his reraise either. He might raise with any two, but does he reraise with any two, too?
Let him do the betting. Keep in mind that AK, AA-JJ is likely here (minreraise preflop). So don't go crazy.
If he's a frequent c-bettor, let him bet himself do death and hope for KK or QQ.
He might have a flushdraw, but the chances are really slim, so giving away a free card won't hurt you all that often.

AJGibson
10-19-2006, 04:42 AM
H1: pf raise should be 4BB, save the 3BB pf raises for tournaments, 4BB+1BB per limper is standard in cash games.

MP miniraises and SB calls, I 3 bet here fairly often as AKs is so strong. Callings ok though. On the flop I bet the full pot your hand figures to be ahead most of the time worthy of a full pot bet IMO. After his reraise I definitly shove, villians play is fishy and I think you're ahead of his range get those chips in there.

There is only a small chance he has two pair, if he is on the flush draw you want to charge him as much as possible to draw it. Villians play seems so loose and fishy though that there's all kinds of trash he could call you with.

H2; Again your pf raise is a little small, espically as you're going to be OOP for the rest of the hand. A little more than standard would be fine here as OOP is a horrid place to be.

Folp play is fine, On the turn I think you have two choices push or go for c/rAI. As you said any other bet commits you anyway so I look to get it all in here one way or another. Really depends on the opponent, if he's aggressive a likely to bet I c/r as there is larger range of hand he'll bet into than he'll call you with. If you think he's a bit passive or a calling station then shove.

gimmetheloot
10-19-2006, 04:52 AM
H1: you have to 3bet the flop. Or get tricky, call, and c/r any card but a J/Q/ AI, which is good if he will fold decent A's there.

Edit:

H2, poosh

Freelancer
10-19-2006, 04:52 AM
Hand1: Raise more preflop, Push over his reraise.
Hand2: Raise more preflop, Push on the turn.

That is if these guys really are fishy.

Oh and don't bring a empty gun to gunfight, so reload first and THAN shoot some fishies.

gimmetheloot
10-19-2006, 04:55 AM
Dont push pf in H1 without a read that he is a huge donkey. I dont ever, ever do it unless he has shown himself at least once to call a massive AI pf with AQ/AJ/KQ. Otherwise, pushing is ugly.

Freelancer
10-19-2006, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
H1: you have to 3bet the flop. Or get tricky, call, and c/r any card but a J/Q/ AI, which is good if he will fold decent A's there.

Edit:

H2, poosh

[/ QUOTE ]
He has 11$ behind on H1, any raise will commit him...

yeedog
10-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks for all of the replies it seems like I was thinking the same way as some of you guys. I pooshed both hands..

Hand #1: guy shows KJ for 2 pair. Tho I was going on the idea that if he just has the K/J/straight or flush draw that he calls that all in as well. So i'd be good alot of the times. He got to 48 bucks getting lucky cards like completing a flush or straight on the turn or rivier by calling big bets. So I felt good about that gamble.

Hand #2: guy shows AK for a better A. If he reraises me on the flop I check/fold the turn. Tho he thought about it for a while and called. I thought maybe he thought I had 2 pair and was scared. I pushed figuring that would be the optimal move as the 6 looks harmless enough and if I did have AJ i would bet him all in. Guy still called with his AK unsuited tho.

Oh well....