PDA

View Full Version : Warning before bill goes into effect?

pokersox112
10-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Are we going to get any warning before banks start stopping transactions? Or is this going to suddenly go into effect?

mikeh1975
10-18-2006, 04:44 PM
very good question and one i'm wondering myself.my guess is no warning.you'll suddenly won't be able to do it anymore and word will spread right then.....

ChexNFX
10-18-2006, 05:24 PM
You need to read sticky's and keep up to date. We don't know if neteller will be blocked. We don't know what the banking regulations will look like.

MiltonFriedman
10-18-2006, 05:31 PM
As for banking,

You can do two things to get a warning:

1. Get off your butt and participate in forums like this, including offering comments to Treasury when the regulations are first proposed.

2. Get off your butt and keep track of the regulations progress and effective date contained in them.

antneye
10-18-2006, 05:52 PM
or simply ask for an old fashioned paper check at withdrawal time.......that doesnt sound like an electronic transfer to me. Seems to me that a bank check never shows who the money is coming from.....ever pay someone with one?

MiltonFriedman
10-18-2006, 06:06 PM
(Actually, no cashouts are covered, but I was trying to spin his post into something possibly productive.)

ericicecream
10-18-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm sure that the regs will specify a compliance date.

Then effective date will be different for various banks as some will comply right away and some will wait till closer to the compliance date.

I'm sure we'll see posts about specific banks as they come through.

Sniper
10-19-2006, 02:49 AM
As others have stated, there may or may not be warning... and there may or may not be any impact... stay tuned...

Cooder
10-19-2006, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me that a bank check never shows who the money is coming from.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it have a big "PokerStars" or whatever logo?

Webster
10-19-2006, 07:19 AM
The banks have all said it is impossable to inforce. They were the BIG people AGAINST the bill.

They said it is like trying to stop all transaction where the person is buying dog food. There is NO WAY they can do it!

govman6767
10-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Another Episode of Penn & Tellers "[censored]" is in order

antneye
10-19-2006, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A bank check states the name of the bank issuing a check. A personal or business check states who is issuing the check. All any site has to do is process payouts on bank checks. And this is only if they can't operate by traditional means.....not an issue.

2461Badugi
10-19-2006, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it wouldn't. Back when I used to cash out of Pacific by check, it just had the name of some obscure Canadian trading company on it.