PDA

View Full Version : Questions About UPC at Binions

grdred944
10-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Has anyone played in the latest round of Ultimate Poker Challenge events being held at Binions? If so, how have the field sizes been and what are the starting chips and structure? I have not been able to find anything online except for the schedule and that they start at 4:00PM.

Thanks.

olivert
10-18-2006, 12:08 PM
I was at the UPC all weekend.

The $340 buy-in events starting next weekend will start with 3000 chips (instead of 2000 during the 1st weekend) with 30-minute levels and blinds starting at 25-25. 7 players get paid if the field is 120 or less. At 121 players, the payout goes to 14 places. 7 players make the TV final table on the following day at 4pm.

The Monday tourneys, with $660 buy-in, start with 5000 chips and 40-minute levels (60 minutes at the final table) and blinds at 25-25.

The fields over the 1st weekend were 128, 72, and 47 respectively.

Single-table satellites cannot start until 2:15 pm due to house policy to protect the 12noon and 2pm regular tourneys. $45 and $80 buy-ins on Saturdays and Sundays, $80 and $150 buy-ins on Mondays. Each satellite pays either 1 or 2 seats with no cash (so winners will have to dig into their pockets to tip the dealers) depending on the buy-in.

I survived a satellite on Saturday but chose not to play because 1) the satellite ended at 4:15pm and I didn't want to be an alternate, and 2) my client (I officially became a player agent a week ago) was in the tourney. I will use the receipt to play on October 21 or 22.

I didn't play on Sunday either because my client made the TV final table (seated in Seat 7), where she finished 4th. I was seated in the stands (the 4-eyed idiot with the military crew cut wearing a coat and tie. You will have no trouble spotting me when you watch show on TV).

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/pictures/200/JJLiu.jpg

I played on Monday after surviving a $150 buy-in satellite. I ended up finishing in the worst possible position: on the bubble in 8th, with no money and no TV time. Ouch!

TV: WGN Superstation (as well as syndication) starting in mid-November.

grdred944
10-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the info Oliver. I'll be there Saturday.

olivert
10-25-2006, 12:13 PM
I played the $340 buy-in events over the past weekend (October 21 and 22) and made the TV final table of the October 22 tourney, which was played on October 23.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com//pictures/200/OliverTse.jpg

Neither Full Tilt nor Absolute Poker are sponsoring players at UPC final tables on an one-time, contingency basis this season.

grdred944
10-26-2006, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played the $340 buy-in events over the past weekend (October 21 and 22) and made the TV final table of the October 22 tourney, which was played on October 23.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com//pictures/200/OliverTse.jpg

Neither Full Tilt nor Absolute Poker are sponsoring players at UPC final tables on an one-time, contingency basis this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on making the final table.

I saw you on Saturday. I was at the table with Jennicide and Richard Brodie. What is the name of that poker accountant lady you were talking to? The one who was on the PokerDome and the UB broadcasts? That has been bugging me all week.

Kevmath
10-26-2006, 01:31 PM
I think you mean Marissa Chien?