PDA

View Full Version : Pick a protest day

ericicecream
10-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Let's pick a day, so everyone can plan for that day, where we all blitz the media with calls to every radio/tv show about the internet poker issues. We use a list of points we want to make, we choose the day wisely where it will get maximum attention (maybe a tuesday or wednesday), and choose our points wisely.

Is there someone with some credibility who can try to put this together?

10-18-2006, 12:13 AM
sunday

ubercuber
10-18-2006, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sunday

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf!? sunday? please tell me your joking!

clearly thursday is the way to go.

Jeremy517
10-18-2006, 02:41 AM
Six months ago.

ericicecream
10-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Great, another thread turned into a pissing contest for witty quips. No wonder this bill got passed.

Quanah Parker
10-18-2006, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Great, another thread turned into a pissing contest for witty quips. No wonder this bill got passed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you think poker was a team sport?

I'm good for Thursday.

Vex
10-18-2006, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's pick a day

[/ QUOTE ]

I pick November 7th. Protest will happen inside the voting booths. Vote for any third party, because neither of the big ones is on our side.

It's a safe bet that people doing this won't get a third party candidate elected, but when the third parties start getting more votes than the usual few percent, the big two sit up and take notice.

THE VOTES OF PEOPLE WHO VOTE FOR THIRD PARTIES ARE THE VOTES THAT CAN SWING ELECTIONS. UNDECIDED, INDEPENDENT, AND THIRD-PARTY VOTERS GARNER MORE ATTENTION FROM THE BIG TWO PARTIES BECAUSE OF THAT. VOTING THIRD-PARTY IS NOT A WASTED VOTE -- SUCH A VOTE IS WORTH **MORE** THAN THE VOTE OF THE DYED-IN-THE-WOOL BASE OF EITHER PARTY.

Kraize
10-18-2006, 10:56 PM
I agree with vex. I'll be voting libertarian.

jlacks
10-18-2006, 11:51 PM
The libertarians want to get rid of the FDA,EPA, etc. so corporations can exploit us all with no regulation. Please reconsider your support. The Dems are relatively ineffectual but their heart is in the right place.

ChexNFX
10-19-2006, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Six months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kraize
10-19-2006, 02:37 AM
"The Dems are relatively ineffectual but their heart is in the right place."

Haha no thanks. The dems want to control my money and the reps want to control my morals.

The libertarians want to stay out of my life and that is what i'm looking for.