PDA

View Full Version : Where Would You Like to See Online Poker Go?

WLC4Ever
10-17-2006, 02:43 PM

WLC4Ever
10-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Thought I'd add that I'd really like feedback, as I'm wondering if there's even a demand for a movement down the road to legalization.

Ron Burgundy
10-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Whoever doesn't say #2 is retarded.

Coy_Roy
10-17-2006, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're retarded for that comment.

It's a big world Ron and not everyone thinks as you do.

Ron Burgundy
10-17-2006, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So which did you choose, and why.

Coy_Roy
10-17-2006, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I chose to call you a retard because of your blanket statement.

Ron Burgundy
10-17-2006, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I chose to call you a retard because of your blanket statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I choose to call you a retard for your lame reply and cop out.

PartySNGer
10-17-2006, 03:27 PM
#1 is virtually impossible now. Fish are getting scared and/or will get sick of jumping through hoops to deposit or figure out which sites they can actually play on. Our best option is probably #2. American regulation is probably our best bet for restoring soft games. We might get new fish who never thought about playing online b/c they didn't trust offshore sites.

WLC4Ever
10-17-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm all about #2, I'm just wondering how many people are really willing to do the work it will take to accomplish it...I impressed with how honest people are being taking 1 and 3

ericicecream
10-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't understand #2. Do you mean the players paying taxes or the sites (which may trickle down to more rake)

If you mean the players, there is already a law that makes you pay income taxes, if you're not following it then that's a risk you are taking. They're not going to make another law that says "we really, really mean it this time"

WLC4Ever
10-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Well, for one, I mean having the taxes taken out before withdrawal, just like your income tax. Second, I mean for states where you wouldn't report it becuase it's illegal anyway, it would now be legal, so you'd be taxed by State and Fed.

MobBarley
10-17-2006, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2461Badugi
10-17-2006, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, for one, I mean having the taxes taken out before withdrawal, just like your income tax.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will almost certainly never happen (and in fact witholding doesn't happen for lots of people's income). Poker will be treated like any other hobby or self-employment income, and the burden will be on the earner to pay quarterly estimated tax.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, I mean for states where you wouldn't report it becuase it's illegal anyway, it would now be legal, so you'd be taxed by State and Fed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it's illegal, you have to report it or you're evading.

WLC4Ever
10-17-2006, 08:08 PM
I was under the impression that horse racing websites did something like withholding tax already, am I misinformed?

Indiana
10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
If it were made legit I would quit my 100K+/yr job in a minute. I'm that [censored] good at poker.

Indy

ericicecream
10-18-2006, 12:12 AM
The whole point is moot. There is not enough money in it for the government. It only applies to winning players. Many of them already pay taxes. Those who don't are taking a chance and either will find ways to continue around it or will be caught. There is simply not enough money here to make the gov't want to legalize online gambling.

Taxing the companies for a u.s. gaming license is a different situation.