PDA

View Full Version : a postive article on yahoo sports from a non-player

mj2
10-17-2006, 02:49 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=An...o&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=An7kFId8.nY1vOHOtIAEk885nYcB?slug=dw-everyportact101606&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

it's great to see non-poker players coming to our defense. the more articles like this the better.

Keyser.
10-17-2006, 03:20 AM
He seems pretty smart. good article.

godgiven
10-17-2006, 03:34 AM
Good article. The last sentence is funny.

"Talk about a bad bet."

cking
10-17-2006, 03:42 AM
yeah great article, basically sums up my general feelings pretty well. Last line is priceless

govman6767
10-17-2006, 04:44 AM
This was a great article. Bout time people started speaking up in the news.

But it needs clarification
I am sick of people saying there is no skill in keno. I have said countless times in the past keno is a game of pure skill. I have created a formula that allows me to destroy the game.

My birthday 16
My IQ 80
# of time a year I get laid 1
Number of smart congressmen 2
What the real drinking and Gambling age should be 14
# of Beers I drink a night at the table 74
# of friends I have plus three 3
Bill Frist's IQ 45

Now trust me friends this formula will indeed make you a winner you'll have to beat the old ladies in the keno room off you with a stick. You'll be chanting "Winna Winna Chicken Dinna"

In a more serious tone I really wish some of the big Networks like PBS would start supporing our cause. I'm sure millions of gamblers worldwide would ban togethor if the cops on sesame street arrested oscar "the grouch" for running an illegal craps game. Or Super Grover taking bets on football.

All this pure foolishness aside Dan Wetzel I sure do wish more people in the media would take up your stance.
They don't even have to admit gambling is "morally ok" They just have to show the government being donkish. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

later

dashman
10-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Awesome...it is great to see people outside the poker community do this sort of thing, now we just need more of it.

va1halla
10-18-2006, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome...it is great to see people outside the poker community do this sort of thing, now we just need more of it.

[/ QUOTE ]