PDA

View Full Version : PBS Newshour story

emptyshell
10-17-2006, 01:56 AM
Not sure if this was posted. Nothing new. It's negative towards the bill.

PBS audio (http://media.pbs.org/ramgen/newshour/expansion/2006/10/16/20061016_bets28.rm?altplay=20061016_bets28.rm)

donkeylove
10-17-2006, 02:14 AM
i watched it tonight on pbs and it didn't really come off as negative to me....even the rep from citizens against problem gambling felt the bill would not change anything...at the end they all came to the conclusion that reputable sites were better because they at least donated money to gambling addiction professionals

uDevil
10-17-2006, 03:12 AM
Best exposition I've seen (or heard) in the media.

SumZero
10-17-2006, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i watched it tonight on pbs and it didn't really come off as negative to me....even the rep from citizens against problem gambling felt the bill would not change anything...at the end they all came to the conclusion that reputable sites were better because they at least donated money to gambling addiction professionals

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP correctly said it was negative towards the bill. Not negative towards we poker players. Ray Suarez is not my favorite interviewer as I think he isn't as natural or good at asking follow up questions based on what the respondant said and rather tends to works through his preset questions more with sometimes awkward transitions, but both the gambling attorney and the problem gambling guy seemed to say that the bill was more smoke than fire and to the degree that it did anything what it did was bad.

donkeylove
10-17-2006, 07:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP correctly said it was negative towards the bill. Not negative towards we poker players. Ray Suarez is not my favorite interviewer as I think he isn't as natural or good at asking follow up questions based on what the respondant said and rather tends to works through his preset questions more with sometimes awkward transitions, but both the gambling attorney and the problem gambling guy seemed to say that the bill was more smoke than fire and to the degree that it did anything what it did was bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad I misread the op