PDA

View Full Version : Software Manipulation?

mduncan
10-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Anybody concerned that sites still in operation have manipulated their software to transfer money from US players to non-US players? That would reduce the amount of cash they need to come up with to settle with US players. Plus, I've heard more than a few stories about absurd (and implausible) downswings over the last month. PokerRoom might be one culprit.

derekbuckner
10-17-2006, 01:24 AM
Seriously? No

Phenomenon
10-17-2006, 01:28 AM
I always wondered about the downswing phenomenon. If someone's having a downswing who's having the upswing, the virtual dealer?

CORed
10-17-2006, 01:31 AM
While it's not completely impossible that sites would do this, it is much more likely that you are losing because you suck at poker.

mattnxtc
10-17-2006, 01:32 AM
ive been running better than ever in the past few days and im from the usa...

5thStreetHog
10-17-2006, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody concerned that sites still in operation have manipulated their software to transfer money from US players to non-US players? That would reduce the amount of cash they need to come up with to settle with US players. Plus, I've heard more than a few stories about absurd (and implausible) downswings over the last month. PokerRoom might be one culprit.

[/ QUOTE ]Theres no evidence to suggest this,i agree with cored,or its just the natural flow of of the math involved if you are good and having tough time this month.

Xhad
10-17-2006, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always wondered about the downswing phenomenon. If someone's having a downswing who's having the upswing, the virtual dealer?

[/ QUOTE ]

When one person wins or loses money, it's not all coming from and going to the same person.

When you're having a downswing the money is going to other players combined, and the rake.

mduncan
10-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Post was not about downswings (personally I cashed out weeks ago). Nor do I have any evidence that any sites are doing this. All I'm saying is that if a site knows it needs to exit the US market in 6 months (because that's when the new law kicks in), then it has an incentive to keep US players in games until then while altering the software so that US players dump off $ to non-US players. That way, when the thousands of US players eventually try to cash out, the site doesn't need to come up with as much cash. If a site is planning to ban US players anyway, it has no incentive to be honest with us. That's my only point.

I think people should be very cautious about continuing to play until we figure out which (if any) of the big reputable sites are staying in the US market for the long haul.

ChexNFX
10-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Dude, stop. No offense, but this has to be one of the stupidest posts Ive seen about rigging in a long time. You know not what you speak of young one.

mduncan
10-19-2006, 12:47 AM
You think offshore gambling sites teetering on the brink of bankruptcy are above rigging? Who's young and naive?

ChexNFX
10-19-2006, 01:11 AM
HAHAHAHAHA. Alright, you've done it. I hold nothing back. You are such a naive, ridiculous idiotic moron. I can hardly hold back, wouldn't want to get banned from this forum over such a donkey. YOU KNOW NOTHING, AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU NEVER WILL. Dont cluster the forums with these stupid posts. Everyone sees enough of them already. Go away.

RedBaron__
10-20-2006, 07:40 AM
OMG, my site thinks I'm from the US, OMG.

I have to call support immediately and ask them reverse the downswing.

blunty31
10-20-2006, 10:06 AM
i think its a legit concern, if the sites are forced to pull out of the US market what do u think would stop them from doing it, their noble nature? People have not givin 1 reason 4 them not 2 do it but have blasted the poster for even suggesting it, guess everyone got ruby colored glasses on.