PDA

View Full Version : Loss of QQ inevitable??

Fabian11
01-02-2006, 01:13 PM
This feels like a oneway street, but I find it hard to accept that.

PartyPoker 1/2$, 10 player, V$IP 32, no specific reads

Hero is CO with Qh Qc.

UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 reraises, 3 folds, hero caps, CO calls (!!), SB folds, BB calls (!!), everybody calls!! 7 player, 28 SB.

I havenīt seen such a stupid prefolp situation before. I couldnīt believe it.

Flop [ 7c, 2c, Js ]
SB checks, BB bets, 1 fold, 1 call, 1 fold, hero calls, 2 calls. 5 plyr, 33 SB

Turn [ 6c ]
SB checks, BB bets, 1 call, hero calls, 2 folds. 3 plyr, 19,5 BB.
River [ 9d ]
BB bets, 1 call, hero calls.

Was there a chance to change something or to save bets by a fold??

Result: BB shows KK, UTG+1 shows JJ.

Russ M.
01-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Be happy you lost 2.5 BB from the flop and on thanks to UTG+1 being a total moran.

That being said, you'd need to dump your hand pretty fast to a lot of aggression. You don't beat AA, KK, or JJ now and with 3 bets in front of you preflop somebody is bound to have one of those hands.

Fabian11
01-02-2006, 03:18 PM
This is exactly what I felt afterwards, but in the heat of the action my decision was otherwise.

DocMartin
01-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Nice discipline, I think you played it right. You even had that flush draw on the turn. I don't see a fold anywhere and I would have managed to lose more by trying to take charge with the 3rd best hand.

Reef
01-02-2006, 05:44 PM
DON'T POST RESULTS IN THE OP

on the flop you've GOT to know that there's a 90% chance that you are drawing to your set. And even if it is that small chance you are ahead of everyone, there are a TON of cards out there that others can hit to beat you.

I feel dirty calling the turn, but probably do since the pot is so massive. And then I probably go for the overcall of the century since I'm getting like 20:1.

silkyslim
01-02-2006, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
DON'T POST RESULTS IN THE OP

on the flop you've GOT to know that there's a 90% chance that you are drawing to your set. And even if it is that small chance you are ahead of everyone, there are a TON of cards out there that others can hit to beat you.

I feel dirty calling the turn, but probably do since the pot is so massive. And then I probably go for the overcall of the century since I'm getting like 20:1.

[/ QUOTE ]
i have won a pot with this overcall. i think it makes up for the other 18 times i will lose 1 BB. someone could be a maniac and the otehr on some godawful draw or crappy PP.