PDA

View Full Version : What is the position with the OnGame network?

TheBloke
10-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi all

Can anyone tell me what the current position with the OnGame network is?

I have read in several places (example: http://www.bluffmagazine.com/news/newsArticle.asp?newsID=1101320) that US players are banned from the OnGame network. I know this is definitely true for PokerRoom and a couple of others, but I can't find out if it's really true for the whole network or not.

I tried live chat on Canbet, and they said that they are still accepting US players. I said "does that include poker?" and they said "the ongame network is currently down due to technical problems but it will be back soon", I said that I had heard OnGame was banning US, and they said "we've not heard that, I believe it's just down with technical problems. US players can still play"

Does anyone know if there is a definitive statement for the whole network, or does the network have a neutral stance with decisions being made by each individual site?

Thanks in advance

LotteryOrPoker
10-16-2006, 09:27 PM
There are a lot of posts about this, but they are doing an upgrade tomorrow that will stop US players from depositing or new US players from signing up. Then they will allow current players to keep playing for a month. FCP is bailing from the network.

TheBloke
10-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Ok, so what Canbet told me is definitely [censored]? It really bugs me that I can't get a straight answer from CS.