PDA

View Full Version : Election Candidates Pro-Online Poker Players?

Texibus
10-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Well, the bill is now a law and there isn't much we can do about that, but we can flex our collective muscle together. We have some mid term election coming up next month. It's hard to make this a valid issue so close to the election, but I propose we all find which candidate is likely to be for either putting a provision in for Online Poker Players or for legalizing the industry. Then we do something so zany it just might work we vote for those people.

After, that happens we might actually be recognized and then in 2008 we can do even more good. So let's start a List it's Monday Oct 16. We got 3 weeks to get some type of response so let's start a list here or go get a sticky going.

Tex

rcd
10-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Excellent! Whoever can compile a national list of candidates with favorable to online poker position whould do a great service to the community. By exerting our collective voice at the ballot box, we may make an impact.

WHERE IS THE PPA IN THIS EFFORT?????

Sniper
10-16-2006, 03:23 PM
How they voted (http://www.pokerplayersalliance.org/alerts/HR4411_Votes.pdf)

fwiw, HR4411 which passed in the house, was more restrictive than the legislation that actually was passed by both the house and the senate and signed into law.

Texibus
10-16-2006, 03:36 PM
I've seen the list of how the current members voted, but we need to know from the candidates currently running stances. How they would vote if new legislation is proposed and what they believe they can accomplish for us with the current legislation.

I live in MI and had helped campign for Sandy Levin and I was pissed to see he was for this ban.

FearNoEvil
10-17-2006, 12:30 AM
bump

DrewOnTilt
10-17-2006, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Excellent! Whoever can compile a national list of candidates with favorable to online poker position whould do a great service to the community. By exerting our collective voice at the ballot box, we may make an impact.

WHERE IS THE PPA IN THIS EFFORT?????

[/ QUOTE ]

I just fired them an email and requested that they look at this thread.

Texibus
10-17-2006, 04:14 AM
I've sent some e-mails to my governer and her opponent to get their perspective and views. I'm hoping to hear from them soon so that I can give you a run down on the BS they'll slide me.