PDA

View Full Version : Cash out? Play? risk your money?

offdapeggs
10-16-2006, 11:49 AM
I have read a lot of different posts on here. Is it possible that if I keep playing, a year from now or so. That I won't be able to cash out of a reputable site like absolute? No wire xfr to netteller, and the site will say we cant send you a check since your US.
whats your opinion?

4_2_it
10-16-2006, 11:58 AM
No one will know until the regulations are written.

Read the stickies and look at the threads on this forum. This topic has been discussed many times.

Harkey
10-16-2006, 12:58 PM
You'll probably always be able to get paid by the reputable sites, as there would be an uproar if they refused to pay people on the grounds that they came from a certain country. If nothing else, you can set up an offshore bank account, have the money sent there, and transfer it into your U.S. account or have that bank cut a check.

offdapeggs
10-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Harkey I think thats a reasonable opinion,
which is all i am looking for from ppl, is what their personal opinion is on the whole thing.

omgwtf
10-16-2006, 02:18 PM
The legislation specifically exempts withdrawals from the sites. It only affects deposits.

The only way you won't get paid is if Absolute decides they just want to keep your money. But that has always been the risk with any poker site, even before the legislation.

Your money is safe and you will be able to get it anytime you want.

ubercuber
10-16-2006, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The legislation specifically exempts withdrawals from the sites. It only affects deposits.

The only way you won't get paid is if Absolute decides they just want to keep your money. But that has always been the risk with any poker site, even before the legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first I've heard of this, great news if true!

5thStreetHog
10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first I've heard of this, great news if true!

[/ QUOTE ]Read the bill.

omgwtf
10-16-2006, 02:45 PM
I may have slightly overstated it there... I just re-read the bill to check, and I didn't find the language that specifically allowed the processing of withdrawals (but I still remember being surprised to see it when I read the bill the first time).

However, all of the language about transactions that are prohibited refer to the site "accepting" money for illegal gambling. I suppose that the risk here would be that the eventual banking regulations, for the sake of simplicity, have the banks blocking both withdrawals and deposits.