PDA

View Full Version : Come on, Stars!

gopnik
10-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Party is dead, well, whatever, trying to decide between FullTilt and Stars.

Stars: first deposit bonus $50
FullTilt: $600

Come on, Stars, I am trying to find a reason to choose you over FullTilt because.... help me out!

DMoogle
10-15-2006, 12:31 AM
The deposit bonus on FT is deducted if you have rakeback.

glass_onion
10-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Well, ok, stars has about 10x the games.

Thundercat32
10-15-2006, 01:16 AM
There is no reason to pick Stars over Full Tilt

Thundercat32
10-15-2006, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The deposit bonus on FT is deducted if you have rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but Stars doesn't even have rakeback

HumanACtor
10-15-2006, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no reason to pick Stars over Full Tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Burgundy
10-15-2006, 01:39 AM
If you've never played either site, FT should be the obvious choice. They have RB and a big bonus.

I wouldn't suggest you play Stars unless you thought you could get to Supernova by the end of the year, and that's after you clear the FT bonus.

tehDiceman
10-15-2006, 01:49 AM
stars has twice as many players right now, flat out more volume. i signed up for stars on the 13th liking the bonus, however, you have to accrue 500FPP to earn it and unless you play tables with 8-10 dollar pots, it is semi impossible to earn points. i have played about 1000 hands so far in the past few days and havent made a single stinking point. right now, i am wishing i would have gone to full tilt. we'll see as the NL games will give more opportunity to make the points, as well as having until april of 2007 to earn them in order to pull my full bonus.

i had played on neither up until the 13th, came from party. i do like the look of full tilts table interface better. it is hard to see how many people are at the table in stars. im .53 cents up, should i switch?!?! :-D

A_Junglen
10-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Play at both

tehDiceman
10-15-2006, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Play at both

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont have that kind of cash to blow. :-(

bluey
10-15-2006, 02:09 AM
lol playing at two sites is blowing cash?

Greg Miller
10-15-2006, 02:15 AM
Stars has better software, more games, softer games, better bonuses, and a VIP program that partially offsets the lack of rakeback.

FT has bad rakeback, a terrible-but-big bonus, very good software (but not as good as Stars), and moderately tight games.

Maybe you should head over to one of the Tain sites and get rakeback there. They're small, but your rakeback may get grandfathered in when Tribeca takes them over (they have grandfathered rakeback on some current Tribeca sites) and becomes a top five network. Another option would be the UB rock garden, with much better RB than the others, and slightly worse bonuses than FT.

The bottom line is that I'd recommend Stars, but none of the above options is bad.

tehDiceman
10-15-2006, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol playing at two sites is blowing cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

it is when you've done as bad as i have in the last month, plus im $25 over budget on my poker "buyin" for the year, trying not to put any more money in until the first of the year to keep from blowing the budget out of the water.

as much as frist wants to ignore it, there are responsible poker players out there, im one of them. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Performify
10-15-2006, 03:15 AM
This is definitely not related to legislation. If you want to discuss the merits of the two sites, take it to Internet Gambling.