PDA

View Full Version : president of PPA was on a C-SPAN show about the new legislation

demon102
10-14-2006, 06:56 PM
The president of the PPA was on some show on C-SPAN being interviewed by the host of the show. I think I only caught the end of it where he was they were taking questions from people that were phoning in to the show. They had a lot of people pissed about this bill talking about how this is the land of the free and this bill contradicts that. I thought this was very good for us poker players and hopefully will get us even more support and more members of the PPA. If anyone caught the the whole show could you give a summarry of what was on the show? It seemed to me I only caught a small part of.

Ron Burgundy
10-14-2006, 07:01 PM
There's already a thread on this. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=law&Number=7662140&page=0 &fpart=all)

Lawman007
10-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Why doesn't he go on a show that people actually watch?

Uglyowl
10-14-2006, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't he go on a show that people actually watch?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen poker stories in quite a few places the last couple days (CNBC, FOX, CSPAN)... hope they continue to make the rounds to get the public more aware of where our government is spending their time.

donkeylove
10-14-2006, 07:55 PM
his comment yesterday on cnbc..."people want to gamble,people want to play poker" was unforgivable...annie duke and sexton were doing an excellent job framing the debate that poker is a game of skill then he spouts off that qoute....i am sure he is well intenioned but that is inexcusable...time to hand the reins over for pr purposes

demon102
10-15-2006, 12:01 AM
ya he doesnt seem like hes has the gift of gab and should probably have someone thats good at public speaking step in to make appearances and such but he was definitly on top of all the current issues and spoke in detail to answer what the callers asked him

5thStreetHog
10-15-2006, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
his comment yesterday on cnbc..."people want to gamble,people want to play poker" was unforgivable...annie duke and sexton were doing an excellent job framing the debate that poker is a game of skill then he spouts off that qoute....i am sure he is well intenioned but that is inexcusable...time to hand the reins over for pr purposes

[/ QUOTE ]I also cringed when he made that statement.

Lawman007
10-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Who hired this goofball? I get the feeling that he started this joke called the PPA and just hired himself.

mpslg
10-15-2006, 09:31 AM
The PPA needs to hire this guy:

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/08/18/Thank_060818105924764_wideweb__300x375.jpg

DrewOnTilt
10-15-2006, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you people give him a break already? I didn't like that statement either, but he IS making a concerted public effort to promote our cause. That is much more than can be said about most of us here.

I will agree with others who have said that he should either hire a seasoned spokesperson or hand that duty to Mike S. or Annie D. They both spoke very well.

crzylgs
10-15-2006, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you people give him a break already? I didn't like that statement either, but he IS making a concerted public effort to promote our cause. That is much more than can be said about most of us here.

I will agree with others who have said that he should either hire a seasoned spokesperson or hand that duty to Mike S. or Annie D. They both spoke very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think he's doing a decent job, and he doesn't come off as some slick, polished power-lobbyist. And I didn't have a problem with that "gambling" statement. Poker is both gambling and a game of skill, and neither Duke nor Sexton were trying to argue otherwise.

5thStreetHog
10-15-2006, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I never said i didnt appreciate anyone who is on our side in this fight.Just gave you my honest reaction to a specific statement he made.You have a prime spot to promote a cause,then after arguing seperation of poker from other forms of gambling for five minutes on the skill arguement,you make that statement and it stuck out to me like a sore thumb.Was just my observation.Im not bashing him.I support PPA.

DrewOnTilt
10-15-2006, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never said i didnt appreciate anyone who is on our side in this fight.Just gave you my honest reaction to a specific statement he made.You have a prime spot to promote a cause,then after arguing seperation of poker from other forms of gambling for five minutes on the skill arguement,you make that statement and it stuck out to me like a sore thumb.Was just my observation.Im not bashing him.I support PPA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, gotcha. I agree that the statement was ill-timed. Overall the segment was very positive.

Still, there is way too much finger-pointing going on in these forums, and it needs to stop.

5thStreetHog
10-15-2006, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never said i didnt appreciate anyone who is on our side in this fight.Just gave you my honest reaction to a specific statement he made.You have a prime spot to promote a cause,then after arguing seperation of poker from other forms of gambling for five minutes on the skill arguement,you make that statement and it stuck out to me like a sore thumb.Was just my observation.Im not bashing him.I support PPA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, gotcha. I agree that the statement was ill-timed. Overall the segment was very positive.

Still, there is way too much finger-pointing going on in these forums, and it needs to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree