PDA

View Full Version : Helping Neteller

ubercuber
10-14-2006, 06:39 PM
After reading the article linked by JAque, I think it would be wise for us to intentionally use Neteller for puposes other than online gambling.

The law requires banks to avoid blocking transactions that are not covered by the law and the more non gambling business they do the more difficult it will be to comply with this and still block Neteller.

I really don't know if it would help, but at teh very least I want to be able to tell my bank that I use NEteller for paying this bill, and buying these items, and have proof of such transactions and demand they comply with the law and not block transactions that are not gambling related.

It would provide a measure of satisfaction at least, and may also help complicate things for the evil empire.

I don't who else takes Neteller though! /images/graemlins/blush.gif This will slow us down! Please post business names that accept Neteller, and we should start mass requesting companies like amazon to accept neteller. They stuck there necks out, not for us, but it helps us, lets see if we can help out a little. ra ra go! Seriously damnit! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

BluffTHIS!
10-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Neteller is the one who needs to do this themselves. A start would be easier and less costly ways for companies to have a neteller merchant account.

Moneyline
10-14-2006, 06:45 PM
I can't even think of a single non-gambling related company that accepts payments through Neteller. Does anyone have some examples?

ubercuber
10-14-2006, 06:47 PM
I think they probably will, they seem to be planning on surviving. I am going to send them an email letting them know I want to use their payment service for other things, and maybe suggest they let us opt in to email offers from their customers.

ubercuber
10-14-2006, 07:00 PM
email sent. I will post their reply... assuming I get one.

Sean Fraley
10-14-2006, 09:09 PM
I don't have a bank account or PayPal. I would like to be able to use my neteller account to buy PokerTracker.

ubercuber
10-15-2006, 02:23 AM
I think you can... IIRC that is how I paid for it.

DrewOnTilt
10-15-2006, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't even think of a single non-gambling related company that accepts payments through Neteller. Does anyone have some examples?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but they have made a few moves as of late to diversify: http://www.finextra.com/fullpr.asp?id=11773

ubercuber
10-15-2006, 04:36 AM
It also occured to me that Neteller should fund sites with horseracing if possible, and sites should add horseracing to the mix. All this does is force the banks to need to know more than they are capable of knowing to enforce against Neteller while avoiding blocking legit transactions. They especially don't want horseracing transactions blocked!

FatalError
10-15-2006, 05:18 AM
are we sure horseracing sites don't already use neteller? can someone check on that?

StellarWind
10-15-2006, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but at teh very least I want to be able to tell my bank that I use NEteller for paying this bill, and buying these items, and have proof of such transactions and demand they comply with the law and not block transactions that are not gambling related.

[/ QUOTE ]
The bank's legal obligation will be to do exactly what the not-yet-written regulations tell them to do. No more and no less.

The regulation writers have an obligation to write regulations that do not result in legal transactions being blocked. But if they screw this up it is not the bank's job to fix it.

All transfers to Neteller are legal under the new law regardless of their purpose because Neteller is not a gambling site and it is not operated by a gambling site. A regulation based on the new law that blocks Neteller might easily be overturned by a judge because it violates the plain language of the law.

The issue is whether Neteller itself will be required to comply with the new banking regulations and stop making transfers from your Neteller accounts to the sites. This boils down to 1) do U.S. banking regulators have jurisdiction over this offshore institution and 2) what are they going to do about it when Neteller fails to comply?

Funny, those are the exact two issues that keep coming up with the poker sites themselves.

TheCutter
10-15-2006, 08:28 AM
http://www.allhorseracing.com/banking/neteller.php
http://www.betroyalhorses.com/info/deposit.aspx
http://info.betgameday.com/en/sports/withdraw_neteller.htm

Just the first three I found when googling for neteller horse racing

pnorwood
10-15-2006, 01:22 PM
you can buy books from 2+2 using neteller