PDA

View Full Version : ProxyServers, bad idea?

CrushU
10-14-2006, 05:26 PM
Im asking b.c I don't know. I dont want to do anything illegal/and or risk losing my money by decieving a site.

Thebes
10-15-2006, 03:26 AM
I think whether a proxy server would even work would largely depend upon the software, encryption, etc. Security people at many fraud prone internet sites do keep lists of proxy servers as many 'hackers' use them. Most public proxies will not transfer https. Also, a typical proxy server will not handle any unusual ports.

I made a comment about this on a thread in the software forum as well. Probably the best thing to use would be a tunneling ssh proxy system that was private to just you, meaning you had client tunneling software on your machine, and server tunneling software on a remote machine you had control of. Then you would have your own IP address from the desired location. Do consider that sites monitor for more than one user with the same IP to stop unsavy users from trying to share cards.

Of course, there are also ethical considerations if you are trying to violate a site's Terms Of Service.

Leader
10-15-2006, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im asking b.c I don't know. I dont want to do anything illegal/and or risk losing my money by decieving a site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to do this ATM? There are sites that don't want your business and sites that do. Don't reward sites that tell you to go [censored] yourself.

Nikoms
10-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Translation: [censored] Party - go play on Stars or Full Tilt or Ultimate Bet or Doyle's or Bodog ... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DuderinoAB
10-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm amazed by the fact that people are still trying to play on Party...I don't get it. It's no longer the biggest pond to fish in, the support is some of the worst in the industry, they don't follow through on commitments to players (Monster is just one example), and the software is not the greatest. Its like people have it locked into their brains that Party is the fishiest site and always will be.

CrushU
10-15-2006, 11:19 AM
I wasnt asking for party. It was for a small network made up of actually mostly Canadiens. I kid you not, the 10/20 limit games played like 1/2 games and my unmentionable % was really good. Either way I was just curious. Thanks Thebes for the info.

MarkGreb
10-15-2006, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was for a small network made up of actually mostly Canadiens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Action Poker Network?

Tiger Gaming, Superior Poker, 9Poker,....