PDA

View Full Version : please forgive me my friends

mikeh1975
10-14-2006, 05:50 AM
this whole thing with the internet gambling bill has consumed me these past few months.it has devastated my health,finances and my personal life.it took the one thing i was happy in life doing.those bastards in washington are heartless.my weak and feebled mind and body ain't got much left in the tank so i'll check in from time to time.don't lay down and take this lightly.stand up and return the fight because even though this bill has passed to say the end is here is a bit premature.a better outlook awaits us all.i guarantee it........

whangarei
10-14-2006, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this whole thing with the internet gambling bill has consumed me these past few months.it has devastated my health,finances and my personal life.it took the one thing i was happy in life doing.those bastards in washington are heartless.my weak and feebled mind and body ain't got much left in the tank so i'll check in from time to time.don't lay down and take this lightly.stand up and return the fight because even though this bill has passed to say the end is here is a bit premature.a better outlook awaits us all.i guarantee it........

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the details of your situation, but just open a Stars account (if you haven't already) and pretend nothing happened. It's all good.

mikeh1975
10-14-2006, 06:04 AM
got to cross our fingers in regards to neteller.they say the barclay people might put pressure on them to cease accepting american money since they hold most of the finances and this might put them under the gun or in a catch 22 type situation.

whangarei
10-14-2006, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
got to cross our fingers in regards to neteller.they say the barclay people might put pressure on them to cease accepting american money since they hold most of the finances and this might put them under the gun or in a catch 22 type situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced there's lots of 2nd tier private banks who would love a piece of the float on millions of dollars a day.

ericicecream
10-14-2006, 06:41 AM
Paragraphs are our friends

mikeh1975
10-14-2006, 06:47 AM
why thank you ericicecream how thoughtful of you.tell the paragraphs hello for me i'm sure they are upstanding people.

Jeff Oneye
10-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Even if Neteller withers on the vine there will always be ways to deposit (phone cards, 1-900 numbers, e-gold, e-vouchers, sending cash, etc). If there's a will there will be a way. I started online back in 1999 when things were really shady. Sites like Highlands Club, Planet Poker, Pokerspot, etc. didn't inspire much confidence. The new federal legislation and subsequent fallout is certainly inconvenient, unfair, frustrating. etc. There are some legitimate concerns and it's wise to be vigilant. However, it's advisable to put things in perspective. Today's online poker scene is still much more safe, lucrative, and enjoyable than it was just a few years ago.

My advice is to play at a first rate site like Pokerstars. Keep your balances to a minimum if you plan to use Neteller. If you're apprehensive there's many other ways you can currently deposit. Make a relatively modest deposit and you won't have to worry about future deposits; just sit back and collect your dividends. If the legal landscape makes playing impossible you will still almost assuredly get your funds back (from a class act like Stars).

Either way, I hope you're feeling better. I certainly can relate to the stress resulting from our power-hungry politicians. We're not responsible for their ignorance and tyranny. However, we can modify our personal thoughts and behavior and refuse to become miserable. Why let our worst fears of what MIGHT happen in the future bring certain anxiety in the present?

Wishing you good fortune,

Jeffrey

Indiana
10-14-2006, 10:47 AM
OP,

I feel the same way. I'm very depressed about all of it. We need to get radical.

Indy

mikeh1975
10-14-2006, 03:22 PM
thanks indy and others....

D.L.M.
10-14-2006, 03:28 PM
forgiven old fried