PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bolcerek of the PPA, is on CSPAN this morning.

ridonkulous
10-14-2006, 04:36 AM
Washington Journal, which airs from 7am-10am est.

He is scheduled to be on at 9:30.

If you miss it you can watch it on the CSPAN website as soon as it's posted.

CSPAN Washington Journal (http://www.c-span.org/homepage.asp?Cat=Series&Code=WJE&ShowVidNum=9&Rot_ Cat_CD=WJ&Rot_HT=206&Rot_WD=&ShowVidDays=100&ShowV idDesc=&ArchiveDays=30#)

[ QUOTE ]

ON WASHINGTON JOURNAL
Saturday, October 14
7:30 - Tom McClusky, Family Research Council, V.P. for Gov't Relations & Marty Rouse, Human Rights Campaign, Field Director
8:45am - Paul Barnes, No on Prop 207, Campaign Chairman & Chuck gray, Arizona HOPE, Arizona State Senator (R)
9:30am - Michael Bolcerek, Poker Players Alliance, President
ON SATURDAY, OCT. 14 AT 7AM ET

[/ QUOTE ]

Back In Black
10-14-2006, 06:02 AM
Damn. Who is this guy? He was terrible on CNBC. Why did I donate $25 to this retard who looks shady and cannot answer the simplest questions regarding online poker? Put Annie Duke on there or Mike Sexton.

MrBeers
10-14-2006, 06:18 AM
or Chris Furguson or Greg Ryhmer my god you are so right we are all doomed.

Thee One
10-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Annie Duke for Congress!

King Spew
10-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Terrible. Who elected dis guy?

Insp. Clue!So?
10-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Not THAT Granny Mae, but a real one. PPA, NROG or whomever needs to find half a dozen .50/1.00 limit hold em players who happen to be nice, 80-something little-old-ladies on the side. Provide them with interlocking handcuffs and parade them around DC for a while, on the Ophrah/Donahue/Hannity/whomever circuit, in the halls of congress, at the Press Clubs, etc. Show them how assinine the very notion is of telling adults what games they can or cannot do in the safety and comfort of their own homes. Pound that idea down their freedom-hating throats.

And one other thing, since they've demonstrated a tremendous amount of savvy and intelligence I'd trust a steering committee of Raymer, Duke, Fergie and a couple of others to coordinate some of these efforts; I wonder if they'd be up to the effort, and if they'd be able to mesh egos well. I suspect yes on the latter but have no clue on the former.

_Kindred_
10-14-2006, 09:44 AM
"we need a carrot and stick approach"

What the hell is he talking about? Glad to see somebody out there sticking up for us, just wish it was somebody else.

costanza_g
10-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Man, this guy on the phone now is a real moron.

Kevmath
10-14-2006, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, this guy on the phone now is a real moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is the person being interviewed, can he stammer his way thru more of this interview?

SlapPappy
10-14-2006, 09:48 AM
OMG. Get this guy off the line. He is clueless.

NickyD
10-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Give the guy a break,at least he is trying which is alot more than alot have done. Have you guys all joined the PPA? Hes not great looking b, or an eloquent speaker, but he is our best shot at this point.

Ron Burgundy
10-14-2006, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you guys all joined the PPA?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and I won't.

[ QUOTE ]
but he is our best shot at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he isn't.

Indiana
10-14-2006, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Give the guy a break,at least he is trying which is alot more than alot have done. Have you guys all joined the PPA? Hes not great looking b, or an eloquent speaker, but he is our best shot at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought M. Bolzerek? did fine. He's a better speaker than I realized.

Indy

chukakhan
10-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Yes- Annie Duke would be the best represenative from the poker community. Unless you can find some online multi-table handicapped player that makes his living from online poker.

The guy fromm PPA did a fine job. You have to remember who the targeted audience is. Most people that watch cspan or have actual influence on this issue 40+ in years.

SlapPappy
10-14-2006, 11:28 AM
I enjoyed hearing from that older lady from Pennsylvania. She said she never gamblings and has only made one internet purchase in her life. She was enraged saying why doesn't the ACLU get involved in this and why was the government trying to take away our personal freedom.

So, the average american obviously cares about this issue. This lady is an average American, and was not directly affected by the legislation. And yet, you could tell she was pissed. This is good news as far as I am concerned.

NickyD
10-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Who or what is?

Moneyline
10-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Slightly off topic here, but is there some sort of trick to watching videos on C-Spans website. Whenever I try to watch anything there the link goes to a dead page ("cannot find server").