PDA

View Full Version : Change in policy for TRUE Poker?

DamitBob
10-13-2006, 09:59 PM
This was forwarded to me from an Indiana player.

Dear US TruePoker Player:

Our records indicate that you are a resident of the State of Indiana and have deposited money in the past into TruePoker.

TruePoker is not in the business of betting or wagering. We have no stake in the outcome of any game or tournament among players.

Although TruePoker believes that the UIGE Act of 2006 does not cover our business, your State has been described as one in which it may be illegal for you to play online poker. Please check with your local attorney to determine whether your State laws prohibit your playing poker online.

We ask that you log onto TruePoker and check your listed location information. If you have relocated out of your State, to some other State, where playing poker online is not illegal, please update your information and mailing address.

If you have not changed your residence from your originally listed State, it would be imprudent for us to accept further deposits for your account and possibly illegal for you to play.

Sniper
10-13-2006, 10:02 PM
See main Truepoker thread... (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7507464)

DamitBob
10-13-2006, 10:05 PM
I think you missed something. CEO says all US players are welcome. The email I posted (from True) states they are locking out certain states.

monkeyman
10-13-2006, 10:10 PM
it sounds like they are telling you to change your address and they will let you keep playing.

Sniper
10-13-2006, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you missed something. CEO says all US players are welcome. The email I posted (from True) states they are locking out certain states.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was simply suggesting that there is no need for a 2nd thread on this... all posts on this should go in the primary thread, and this thread should be locked. Hopefully, we will get an update from TruepokerCEO directly...

5thStreetHog
10-13-2006, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it sounds like they are telling you to change your address and they will let you keep playing.

[/ QUOTE ]That was my thought when reading it.

MLSchaff
10-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Read between the lines...

I think I really love this True Poker site. Now if they just had some players.