PDA

View Full Version : calculations needed for likelihood of opponent holding hand in a range

recondite7
01-29-2006, 04:55 PM
So here is what I can do with the programs I have:
ex: I hold 22 and therefore I know the likelihood my opponent holds a hand in the range of TT+ AQs+ AKo would be 4.08%. If I hold AA this % goes down to 2.86% because I am obviously holding two of the cards in this range.

What I want to do:
5- handed I hold 22 in the sb and (for sake of argument) I know three of my opponents who folded before me have 75s, 89o, and 34o. Is there a program for calculating the % of a holding with known dead cards?

The reason I want to do this is to better estimate the chance my opponents hold ranges of hands when people who act before me fold. My reasoning is that people would be more likely to fold trash hands than hands with an Ace in them. By factoring this information into my decision the likelihood that my opponents who act after me hold a premium hand will increase. People do fold hands like A6o often but when 5 people fold in a 10 handed game and I am next to act, I can safely assume that the chances my next 4 opponents hold a premium hand increase.

Having a calculator that calculates a likelihood of a certain holding with certain known dead cards would be helpful, but also a method of estimating these values would also be helpful.