PDA

View Full Version : Edit: old non-issue. Please disregard/delete.

kutuz_off
10-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Link (http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1921170,00.html)

Key point:

"PokerStars, the second biggest poker website in the US, is understood to be facing a rebellion from its banking partner, Royal Bank of Scotland, after the gambling group told its customers yesterday that it intended to ignore an anti-gambling act, expected to be signed into law by President Bush within days.

RBS, which has extensive interests in America including its Citizens subsidiary, said: "We note the passing of the bill by the US senate and will of course take the necessary steps to make sure we are fully compliant." A spokeswoman for RBS would not comment on individual clients, but the bank is believed to be spelling out its concerns over the imminent legislation to a number of businesses including PokerStars. RBS looks after PokerStars' customer accounts."

It continues to talk about a squabble between various EU countries over differing gambling laws.

Nate tha\\\' Great
10-13-2006, 04:27 PM
This has been thoroughly discussed over the past 48 hours. More likely, Stars will stay in, but our money will be secured at the Fifth National Bank of Malta or something of that ilk.

kutuz_off
10-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks. I only searched for similar today posts, since it's today's article.

Fat Nicky
10-13-2006, 04:34 PM
someone delete this before mass panic occurs.

kutuz_off
10-13-2006, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
someone delete this before mass panic occurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm sorry, didn't do thorough search beforehand.

bkellog1
10-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Stars will NOT have to pull out. The Royal Bank of Scotland is not the only bank in the world.

Sniper
10-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Nice Subject Edit... much better

donkeylove
10-13-2006, 04:42 PM
why do they delete everything that has the possibility of being bad news?i know it has been discussed but the article is from today and is pertinent....nobody wants to hear rumors but if it is a legit publication i think it should be left to 2+2 to discern it's news value

Sniper
10-13-2006, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why do they delete everything that has the possibility of being bad news?i know it has been discussed but the article is from today and is pertinent....nobody wants to hear rumors but if it is a legit publication i think it should be left to 2+2 to discern it's news value

[/ QUOTE ]

How about because this has already been discussed extensively here... we are ahead of the slower news media /images/graemlins/wink.gif

4_2_it
10-13-2006, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why do they delete everything that has the possibility of being bad news?

[/ QUOTE ]

The type of 'news' has no bearing on whether it stays or goes. If we allowed every regurgitation of an AP story from 265 daily newspapers this forum would quickly become unreadable.

My rule of thumb is if the article has already been posted or tells us nothing new then I will lock or delete.

If anyone has an issue, they can always email me.