PDA

View Full Version : Party preparing for lockdown of US players

Sniper
10-13-2006, 07:31 AM
No new MTTs starting till 3:30pm ET...

five4suited
10-13-2006, 07:37 AM
And for the first time ever afaik, party tried to place a 2o7.net cookie on my computer when I cashed out moments ago. Apparently they want to continue to gather information after we're locked out. Google 2o7.net if you're interested, I didn't want to post a random link.

Nicok7
10-13-2006, 08:22 AM
They're stopping sit n goes from starting as well (with the exception of 530s apparently)

mugged_off
10-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Down for maintenance 10:00 - 15:00 ET, must be blocking US ISP's etc.

Guess they will have to change their slogan "worlds largest poker site" aswell.

Sniper
10-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Monster tables are now shut down...

jrz1972
10-13-2006, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least something good came out of this.

Sniper
10-13-2006, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/82/66/Hasbro_Monsters_Inc_Wise_Crackin_Mike_Toys-resized200.jpg

pokerstudAA
10-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Poker Stars - 29,177 active players
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

Beachman42
10-13-2006, 09:30 AM
The King is dead, LONG LIVE the King!

Ron Burgundy
10-13-2006, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a helluva celebration going on in the Isle Of Man right now.

Vern
10-13-2006, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and at least one of those Party Players is me waiting to get kicked out when they through the other doom switch.

adi
10-13-2006, 09:39 AM
http://data.kadokado.com/.data/gfx/prize/141-big.jpg

4_2_it
10-13-2006, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

These stats should be posted every 15 minutes......

Sniper
10-13-2006, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerstud, those numbers are useless... you want to know whats really happening follow the number of ring game players on pokersitescout... there are still more real players on Party.

If you look deeper at the 20K numbers you will a whole load of people playing freerolls on stars... while party has no tournaments at all running now /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MicroBob
10-13-2006, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They knew several days ago that they were going to be shutting down the monster.
Yet they kept the rake-o-meter cranking away and kept promoting the super-duper-fantasticness of the monster through all of this to my knowledge.

Vern
10-13-2006, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and at least one of those Party Players is me waiting to get kicked out when they through the other doom switch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I got disconnected when there were 378 users left.

Sniper
10-13-2006, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4_2... party is down and is not coming back for up to 3 hours /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kieran
10-13-2006, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Guess they will have to change their slogan "worlds largest poker site" aswell.

[/ QUOTE ]

World's most-shorted stock?

4_2_it
10-13-2006, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4_2... party is going down in 10 minutes and not coming back for up to 3 hours /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, missed that one. Do you think their crack technical staff will have everything done in 3 hrs?

Also, it will be interesting to see how long it takes FT to reach 30k players in prime time.

TotlBastrdAirlin
10-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Here's me: Buh bye Party!

Here's Dikshit: "I'm cool, I wear a fancy suit. No way I'm a loser. I'm gonna ban all the US players cuz I'm a wuss and don't wanna scare the shareholders and blah blah blah Enjoy!"

Here's me: Which part don't you get, the buh or the bye? BUH BYE!

RemyXO
10-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Cash players:
(1) PokerStars - 6913
(2) PartyPoker - 3965

The change of guard is over /images/graemlins/smile.gif PokerStars should triple the advertizing budget right about now.

ChexNFX
10-13-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm glad PP is done. Bastards were a monopoly of garbage software. Down with trash!

RemyXO
10-13-2006, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad PP is done. Bastards were a monopoly of garbage software. Down with trash!

[/ QUOTE ]

To that regard, I am happy that Paradise is done. Their game sounds can drive anyone to a mental institution in about 1500 hands.

Pokeraddict
10-13-2006, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They knew several days ago that they were going to be shutting down the monster.
Yet they kept the rake-o-meter cranking away and kept promoting the super-duper-fantasticness of the monster through all of this to my knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah isn't that sleazy? They have known for 2 weeks the monster was over and yet they continued to rake it and it seems they pocketed a good part of the prize pool too. I know I'm not the only one that has been anxiously awaiting the day Stars would be #1. That day is here.

In a few years when all gets back to normal Party being dead is at least a good thing that comes from this.

gergery
10-13-2006, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Whoo! I can never go to the US again! Yeah!"

some celebration

tehDiceman
10-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Another thing I find interesting, the $250 freerolls that party poker is doing, there is one that started in a half hour ago and only has 3900 registered for the tourney. This is a far cry from the normal 10k-12k people that sign up. I wonder if they have that nasty feeling in their stomach right about now. Then comes the hit below the belt for them, they did it to themselves.

Ron Burgundy
10-13-2006, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some celebration

[/ QUOTE ]

Would they want to? I wouldn't, if I had the kind of $$$ they do.

FoxwoodsFiend
10-13-2006, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some celebration

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that Vegas is in America right?

4_2_it
10-13-2006, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some celebration

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amsterdam isn't. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sniper
10-13-2006, 04:27 PM
btw, did Party remove the # of players online info from just US players, or everyone?

ps... while Stars takes the #1 slot, Party still looks like its #2, based on scout info...

Ron Burgundy
10-13-2006, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker - 21,450

The change has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some celebration

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whooopdee [censored] doo

emptyshell
10-13-2006, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What software is better? Please don't tell me Stars 'cause they suck much worse. Slow, like watching paint dry.

Ron Burgundy
10-13-2006, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What software is better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I'll say every site except Pacific.

ckmj23
10-13-2006, 04:42 PM
For a bunch of people that claim to hate party so much, you sure talk about them a lot

Fat Nicky
10-13-2006, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

ps... while Stars takes the #1 slot, Party still looks like its #2, based on scout info...

[/ QUOTE ]

it will probably stay this way for a while, if not forever. At a quick glance, seems to be pretty busy...

2/4- 15-20 FR, 20-25 6 max
3/6- 3 FR, 15-20 6-max
5/10- 5FR, 8-10 6-max
10/20 - 12 6-max

again, this is just from quickly glancing at about 4:45 ET

edit to add these are for limit games.

robinmbuk
10-13-2006, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw, did Party remove the # of players online info from just US players, or everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

From everyone, I'm a UK player and that text's gone. They also have NL ring games from $0.2/$0.4 now... and micro limit fixed limit games too. I'm sure they never had microlimits before, except in the beginners section. I'm sure this is designed to boost their traffic.

bkellog1
10-13-2006, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it will probably stay this way for a while, if not forever. At a quick glance, seems to be pretty busy...

2/4- 15-20 FR, 20-25 6 max
3/6- 3 FR, 15-20 6-max
5/10- 5FR, 8-10 6-max
10/20 - 12 6-max

again, this is just from quickly glancing at about 4:45 ET

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerstars will take the "official" lead once it hits primetime tonight and they surpass the max peak of prime time for party last night. But the change is done, PokerStars now leads in # of cash players at the moment.

Fat Nicky
10-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I am not ssaying that stars will not be #1, I was pointing out that Party will probably stay in the #2 spot, most believed they'd drop to #5 or 6

bkellog1
10-13-2006, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not ssaying that stars will not be #1, I was pointing out that Party will probably stay in the #2 spot, most believed they'd drop to #5 or 6

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I misread your post.

Mark Collins
10-13-2006, 04:56 PM
THE MONSTER IS COMING!!! oh wait, it's not.

Viscant
10-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Give it time. People like Party for game selection. Once that's gone, why would anyone stay? It took a couple weeks for Eurobet/Empire to clear out when Party cut their old skins off. I imagine the same thing will happen here.

And to answer ckmj23, I freely admit I take pleasure at Party's imminent downfall. For a network that went out of it's way to screw as many customers as it could, I hope they pay all of their players and eventually go out of business.

Fat Nicky
10-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I will be very suprised to see them drop below the 2nd spot for traffic. according to pokersitescout, there are still 5500 cash players playing right now (5PM). I don't see game selection being a huge problem for non-US players. I also do not see their 'imminent downfall' anytime in the near future.

Also, when they cut off the skins, right away there was a lot less game sleection than there is now on Party.

Mossberg
10-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Wow PARTY IS SLEAZY.

So now every time you log-in they have a pop-up saying, "Jackpot tables - Lose to Win!", and when you highlight a selected limit, all the jackpot tables are highlighted in red. You can't change this. Every lobby is cluttered with all the jackpot tables and you can't even filter it - [censored] these greedy [censored].

ckmj23
10-13-2006, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And to answer ckmj23, I freely admit I take pleasure at Party's imminent downfall. For a network that went out of it's way to screw as many customers as it could, I hope they pay all of their players and eventually go out of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Ive had a different experience. Cash Bonuses greater than the rake I paid back to the site, a large fish pool, great software IMO, and the occasional multiple reload bonus codes that ALL worked. Nothing quite like having $600 10x stacked with 1 week to clear.

Hope they stick around.

Sniper
10-13-2006, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From everyone, I'm a UK player and that text's gone. They also have NL ring games from $0.2/$0.4 now... and micro limit fixed limit games too. I'm sure they never had microlimits before, except in the beginners section. I'm sure this is designed to boost their traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Robin... and yes, the micro tables are new...

Sniper
10-13-2006, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will be very suprised to see them drop below the 2nd spot for traffic. according to pokersitescout, there are still 5500 cash players playing right now (5PM). I don't see game selection being a huge problem for non-US players. I also do not see their 'imminent downfall' anytime in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

SwordFish
10-13-2006, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very possible that they will drop out of #2. Remember, Party is now a European site, they are at or near their peak number of players for the day, as it is prime time there.

Full Tilt is near 4000 players and will increase as it becomes prime time in the US, while Party's numbers will start dropping soon.

SF

PurpleLight
10-13-2006, 05:37 PM
They also added 6 handed PLO tables. Sweet.

aucu
10-13-2006, 05:51 PM
PP no longer shows #of players on main page,

Oh the shame

bills217
10-13-2006, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh the shame

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

xerxesthegod
10-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Right now stars has more games going than party but Party is fulled with fish. I suppose stars is filled with 2+2ers and will be really tough in about 2 hours from now.

Sniper
10-13-2006, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very possible that they will drop out of #2. Remember, Party is now a European site, they are at or near their peak number of players for the day, as it is prime time there.

Full Tilt is near 4000 players and will increase as it becomes prime time in the US, while Party's numbers will start dropping soon.

SF

[/ QUOTE ]

We shall see... but one thing is clear (at least for today)... Party w/o US Business is still a significant player.... and note that crypto is still in top 5-6 and it locked out US players last week.

RemyXO
10-13-2006, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh the shame

[/ QUOTE ]

The have a software bug - once that counter drops to double digits, the server reboots. That's why it was down for three hours today. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

matrix
10-13-2006, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amsterdam isn't. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother /images/graemlins/cool.gif

also I can get return flights and a weekends hotel accommodation in Amsterdam for less than $100 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rvg72
10-13-2006, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cash players:
(1) PokerStars - 6913
(2) PartyPoker - 3965

The change of guard is over /images/graemlins/smile.gif PokerStars should triple the advertizing budget right about now.

[/ QUOTE ]

What were the numbers like before Frist?

rvg

Sniper
10-13-2006, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can review the history of daily 24 hour peaks for each site on pokersitescout.

While it is interesting to watch the emergence of a new market leader... because of a drop in Party's numbers... The more important question is will the other sites pick up those players, or will they disappear (ie stop playing)

sonartec
10-13-2006, 07:05 PM
so are US players banned yet? any screen shot of what it says when you try to log in?

Sniper
10-13-2006, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so are US players banned yet? any screen shot of what it says when you try to log in?

[/ QUOTE ]

US players continue to have access to their accounts... and can still watch tables /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Party has stated that they will be adding additional services for US players... stay tuned...

fwiw, the way Party is handling this by continuing to allow players to have full access to their accounts, is significantly better than the way other sites handled it by simply CLOSING player accounts and sending checks.

ghato
10-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Farewell Party. It was fun while we knew each other /images/graemlins/frown.gif http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7520/partyloginmssg101306yb3.png
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6953/partytourneymssg101306ww7.png

demon102
10-13-2006, 07:46 PM
when i logged into party today a window talking about the bill and about the PPA popped up. It said click hear if u want to have your say and makes it very easy to send a prewritten letter to ur representative going by ur zip code. I think everyone should log in and send this letter.

[censored]
10-13-2006, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can review the history of daily 24 hour peaks for each site on pokersitescout.

While it is interesting to watch the emergence of a new market leader... because of a drop in Party's numbers... The more important question is will the other sites pick up those players, or will they disappear (ie stop playing)

[/ QUOTE ]

so we can assume what 2-3 days for cashouts + another 2-3 days for a turn around into a new site?

I would guess that next weekend will give some indication of how the market holds up

Sniper
10-13-2006, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so we can assume what 2-3 days for cashouts + another 2-3 days for a turn around into a new site?

I would guess that next weekend will give some indication of how the market holds up

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], I agree that by next weekend, we should have a clearer picture of how this is all sorting out... at least for the short term.

As a side point, some of the sites seem to be saying they will continue to allow US play for the next 10-30 days (hollywood, paradise)... so there will be some additional shuffling then too.

Eponymous
10-13-2006, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To that regard, I am happy that Paradise is done. Their game sounds can drive anyone to a mental institution in about 1500 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sounds are terrible as well as what seems like a built-in pause between each player's action. The most annoying software in history. I tried to keep playing it for the soft games, but couldn't stand it.

Eponymous
10-13-2006, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What software is better? Please don't tell me Stars 'cause they suck much worse. Slow, like watching paint dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Party's software is better than Stars? Not even close! Party's lobby is never up to date, and Stars is always showing real-time status. Their gameplay is about the best around, too. What's not to like? When is it slow?

PurpleLight
10-13-2006, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Party's software is better than Stars? Not even close! Party's lobby is never up to date, and Stars is always showing real-time status. Their gameplay is about the best around, too. What's not to like? When is it slow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Partys software is fast. Stars is slow.