PDA

View Full Version : How does stars supernova =27% rb?

MatthewRyan
10-13-2006, 01:48 AM
I dont get how people came up with this number when each item's dollar amount has a different FPP value. Can someone help me out here? Thx

Losing all
10-13-2006, 04:38 AM
On average an FPP is worth $.016. The 27% number you see thrown around is for SnG and tourney play, it will be lower for ring games.

mbpoker
10-13-2006, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it will be lower for ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]

it will be lower/much lower for some ring games (mainly low limit NLHE) and higher/much higher for some other ring games (mainly mid/high limit LHE).

muxplust
10-13-2006, 12:53 PM
YAH, THE MID NLHE PLAYERS GET THE SHAFT

MicroBob
10-13-2006, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it will be lower for ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]

it will be lower/much lower for some ring games (mainly low limit NLHE) and higher/much higher for some other ring games (mainly mid/high limit LHE).

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with part of this.
The RB percentage will be much much higher for the lower limit full-ring games.
Specifically, 1/2 through 3/6 limit.

On 1/2 and 2/4 limit you won't get very many points at all because so many hands are $0 rake.
But the RB percentage will be very high.

It will not be as high for the mid-high limit games. Even worse for short-handed.

To approximate on 1/2 limit for example.
Lets says that WHEN the hand is raked it is raked an average of $1.05 or so ($40 pots for a $2 rake aren't common at 1/2 limit).
On a 10 player table this means you contributed 10.5 cents.
At Supernova you earn 3.5 FPP's which is about 5.6 cents.

Thus, on 1/2 limit at Supernova you are getting over 50% rakeback equivilent.

Again though, you probably will never make it to SN in the first place just playing 1/2 or 2/4 limit.
And if you do you still won't be making very much RB even at 50%+ equivilent because so many of the pots (80% or higher on 1/2 I would guess) will not be raked.

OTOH - at 10/20 6-max:
Lets say you always play with 6 players.
Most of the raked-hands will be make it to the max $3 for 7FPP's or 11.2 cents.
You contributed $0.50 ($3/6 players).
So this would be 22.4% rb.

This is a very rough approximation at 10/20 6-max though.
It gets a little trickier because some of the hands will only be raked $2 and you will only get 3.5 FPP's.

I think the max-rake when there are 5 players dealt-in is only $2.
5 players at $2 rake is $0.40 contributed per player.
You get 3.5 FPP's for 5.6 cents.
5.6 received from 40 cents contributed is only 14% rakeback.

If you never leave a table every time it goes to 5 players and are always bouncing between 5 and 6 players on your 10/20 6-max tables then your rakeback will be somewhere between 14-22% as a supernova.

Much less if you aren't even an SN yet of course.

This is not including other stuff like freeroll value, etc of course.

CharlieDontSurf
10-13-2006, 02:36 PM
You have to be supernova to get the supposed 27% rakeback

other sites just give u rakeback without jumping thru any hoops...i.e. plkaying 8 trillion hands to become supernova etc

So unless your stuck with Stars...your better off at another site

MicroBob
10-13-2006, 04:15 PM
this is a good point.

But I might change your last line to 'so unless you really like Stars games or software' or something like that (which is the case for me).

I'm also optimistic about the increased rewards for the 200k+ Supernovas.

And am also hopeful that the revamped freeroll structure for 2007 will be even more worthwhile.
As it is now, you get extra value out of the freerolls that you aren't including in the RB percentages....although this is not the case for the people who are annoyed enough by the freeroll structure that they don't even bother with them.

Losing all
10-13-2006, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

other sites just give u rakeback without jumping thru any hoops...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? In the past 3 years I've signed up through an affiliate at

Eurobet
empire
PN
absolute
pShare
titan
sun
aztec
and a few others I can't think of

How many am I getting RB on at the moment? Absolute, and they changed their terms (for the much worse) w/o bothering to tell anyone. scumbag sites, scumbag affiliates, what a dream come true.

CharlieDontSurf
10-13-2006, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

other sites just give u rakeback without jumping thru any hoops...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? In the past 3 years I've signed up through an affiliate at

Eurobet
empire
PN
absolute
pShare
titan
sun
aztec
and a few others I can't think of

How many am I getting RB on at the moment? Absolute, and they changed their terms (for the much worse) w/o bothering to tell anyone. scumbag sites, scumbag affiliates, what a dream come true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I signed up with rake the rake or whatever its called for interpoker like 2 years ago..nevr sign onto the account again

when i signed up to fulltilt they informed me i still had a rakeback account on interpoker and they merged it all into one account to make it easy for me. course interpoker is dead now but...i have nod oubt i could go on vacation for 6 months n my rakeback accoutn at fulltilt would be fine when i get back

i also now wouldn't have to start all over at becomeing platinum,goldstar whatever like u do at Stars

CharlieDontSurf
10-13-2006, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a good point.

But I might change your last line to 'so unless you really like Stars games or software' or something like that (which is the case for me).

And am also hopeful that the revamped freeroll structure for 2007 will be even more worthwhile.
As it is now, you get extra value out of the freerolls that you aren't including in the RB percentages....although this is not the case for the people who are annoyed enough by the freeroll structure that they don't even bother with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

True...but I would say that given Stars f's over 6max low stakes NL players in terms of accum points etc and you'd have to play 24/7 to make supernova and even then its not that great...you'd be nuts to play there over a site that gives you 27%+ RB and is just as fishy if not more so.

Red Lion
10-13-2006, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is a good point.

[/ QUOTE ]

True...but I would say that given Stars f's over 6max low stakes NL players in terms of accum points etc and you'd have to play 24/7 to make supernova and even then its not that great...you'd be nuts to play there over a site that gives you 27%+ RB and is just as fishy if not more so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think stars Fs 6max NL players? You are aware that NL players pay much less in rake than limit players. Stars system only makes sence.

MicroBob
10-13-2006, 08:29 PM
6-max players REALLY get screwed compared to full-ring on Stars.

There system absolutely does not make sense.

Many NL hands are raked under $1 from what I understand.
Zero points are given for these hands.

The combo of NL and 6-max is REALLY bad in Stars system.
You would make significantly more in the same games at Full tilt or Absolute or wherever.

Full-ring limit players still do decently on Stars compared to other sites.

SoCalRugger
10-13-2006, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
6-max players REALLY get screwed compared to full-ring on Stars.

There system absolutely does not make sense.

Many NL hands are raked under $1 from what I understand.
Zero points are given for these hands.

The combo of NL and 6-max is REALLY bad in Stars system.
You would make significantly more in the same games at Full tilt or Absolute or wherever.

[/ QUOTE ]
I liked Stars when I was playing short-handed limit. But now that I'm play shorthanded NL, I can't bring myself to go back. 27% RB outweighs everything else Stars has going for it.

MicroBob
10-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I don't blame you.

I play limit on Stars when I'm in the mood for that.

When I want to play NL I haven't even checked it out at Stars.