PDA

View Full Version : Losing concentration when losing

Wynton
01-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Anyone have this problem? Sometimes, I notice that if I lose a few hands at the outset, I actually pay less attention afterwards, as if the game has suddenly become less interesting.

When I'm conscious of this, I can usually refocus, or tell myself to stop. But it is somewhat depressing to notice how fast my concentration can deteriorate.

ShakeZula06
01-29-2006, 07:34 PM
I notice often I'll lose attention when I start off a session up a lot. Say the first couple orbits I'll pick up some big hands/hit some big draws and I'll be up 15+ BB real quick.

Until I identified the problem my winning sessions were not near as profitable as they are now.

_TKO_
01-30-2006, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes, I notice that if I lose a few hands at the outset, I actually pay less attention afterwards, as if the game has suddenly become less interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've experienced this before. It's a subtle form of tilt and usually an indication to leave/take a break. I find it's much more noticeable in NL than in limit. At the point where you feel this, you've likely made a brief cross past Caro's "Threshold of Pain". You are wise to stablize yourself as soon as possible.