PDA

View Full Version : Reason to be concerned about future use of Neteller?

JPT III
10-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I haven't kept up too much in the past few days with all of the news/predictions, etc. about how various banks will react post-signing, but my girlfriend received the following in an email from Captain Cooks (responding to her inquiry re: C. Cooks' reaction to the bill):

"unfortunately you will find you will be unable to fund your accounts using credits cards, firepay or neteller. However you should be able to use accounts like click2pay"

I don't know if Cooks' has its story straight, or how much they know about the Neteller situation, but this came as a surprise to me.

Standard? Or cause for concern about one's funds in Neteller? Both? Neither?

I_C_ALL
10-12-2006, 08:08 PM
No cause for concern. If I have a choice between Neteller's statement concerning Neteller's future actions or another company's, I'll take Neteller. If you're really concerned, DEPOSIT MONEY. Getting it back shouldn't be a problem. Getting it there maybe. If Neteller wouldn't do business with US any more, I'm sure they'll do what everyone else that's not allowing US customers is doing and refund our money. At worst, they'll pull a crypto and drop ship your check. Either way, nothing to worry about....Unless you need to pay your rent with the funds.

alphamale1
10-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Right. Sounds like my cable company telling me not to switch to satellite because they said satellite company will charge me for customer service calls, service will be down all the time. Sure, continue paying cable bill which is 33% higher.