PDA

View Full Version : Blogging a WSOP circuit event live

smashoneout
10-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey all, first time poster.

I have a ton of blogging experience, but I've never blogged a live event before. I will be blogging the WSOP Circuit Indiana at the end of the month for a poker site. I'd like to ask some advice for those of you who have blogged a live event, especially a WSOP event.

1. What are some tips I should keep in mind as a first-timer?

2. They said that the media table was some distance away from the action, and they don't have wireless, just wired Internet. So live blogging will be difficult. Any tips? Use a notepad and run back and forth? Get a cellular card?

3. Is it possible to update a blog with a BlackBerry?

Thanks for any help!

Matt24
10-11-2006, 09:41 PM
The media table is not far away from the action. Its standard to have a notepad, get chip counts/interesting hands then go back to the table and post it. Are you just coming for the main event or what?

smashoneout
10-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Yep - I'll be there all three days of the main event. Thanks for the tip about the notepad!

Who are you blogging the event for, BTW?

Matt24
10-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I'll just be down there every day playing the events and cash games

smashoneout
10-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Cool. I might buy in to one of the satellites or second chance games. I'm cheap, though.

IUbullets
10-12-2006, 01:52 PM
ill be down there, at least for the whole first weekend then back and forth for rest of event

smashoneout
10-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Cool. I can now say that I'll be blogging the event for up and coming poker site Tropical Poker. (Not to be confused with other vacation-themed poker sites that have gone away.) If you attend WSOP Circuit Indiana, stop by the media booth and say Hi to Steve, the guy in Tropical Poker gear.

RPMick
10-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Link?

Looking at the tropical poker site and can't find the blog. I've got a buddy playing up there and I can't find anyone else blogging the event.

-Ryan

Matt24
10-22-2006, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Link?

Looking at the tropical poker site and can't find the blog. I've got a buddy playing up there and I can't find anyone else blogging the event.

-Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

dont believe he will be down there until the main event starts which isnt til oct 31st. pokerpages has results/stories up

sonofstev
10-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Yeh, check a bit closer to the start time of the event - I'm guessing the blog will be up by then.

sonofstev
10-31-2006, 02:13 AM
Looks like it's up now: tropicalpokerblog.com.