Holla!!!

DVaut1
10-11-2006, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ship It Holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Dogballs88
10-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Between the news from Stars and Neteller, this has been a great day for all of us, the best since this bill was passed. Thank you ZBT and everyone for posting all the up to date information.

Zele
10-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Suck it, Congress.

MicroBob
10-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Word.

Thanks ZBT. Good to see it's finally official.

Now, about those VIP improvements to be announced in the near future...... (still want to know how worthwhile it is to make the big push for supernova before Dec 31).

QuarterTon
10-11-2006, 06:34 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MiltonFriedman
Terrific news. Props to ZBT for being accurate.

(Think they will cut out any States ?)

tipperdog
Buy-bye party. Hello stars.

Ship it Holla indeed.

Peter666
Hmmm, I wonder what Party Poker is feeling right now.....hehehe.

Sniper
ZBT... thanks for all your efforts!

CutCreator
10-11-2006, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Between the news from Stars and Neteller, this has been a great day for all of us, the best since this bill was passed. Thank you ZBT and everyone for posting all the up to date information.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would also like to add an FU to you and your family to the following:

Bill Frist
Sen. Kyle
Jim Leech
George Bush
Neocons
Party Poker
888.com
Firepay

and anyone else that supports this BS bill and any attempt to ban poker.

BOOOYA!!

(Also would like to add a Thank you to the OP for keeping it real always and providing legit info through a very uneasy time)

RemyXO
10-11-2006, 06:36 PM
/images/graemlins/heart.gif VNH, PokerStars! /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I can't wait to see the [censored] Party drop down to about 15th place on the PokerSiteScout /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

juggernaut
10-11-2006, 06:36 PM
I got chills while reading this announcement.

Jeremy517
10-11-2006, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. Thanks, ZBT.

whangarei
10-11-2006, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Frist
Sen. Kyle
Jim Leech
George Bush
Neocons
Party Poker
888.com
Firepay

BOOOYA!!

(Also would like to add a Thank you to the OP for keeping it real always and providing legit info through a very uneasy time)

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not get their egos riled too much -- who knows what they can throw into those regs.

Jack Bando
10-11-2006, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to see the [censored] Party and Pacific fall off PokerSiteScout /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Online poker still standing. Killing a cat is easy, killing poker ain't.

Mi_T_Sharp
10-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Frist has been rivered!

GREAT NEWS!

RemyXO
[ QUOTE ]

Bill Frist
Sen. Kyle
Jim Leech
George Bush
Neocons
Party Poker
888.com
Firepay

BOOOYA!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconding the FU! And let the Poker Gods send them erectile disfunction, explosive diarrhea, and zits on the forehead!

lastcoyote
All that work on my resume for nuthin!

Kneel B4 Zod
[ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to see the [censored] Party drop down to about 15th place on the PokerSiteScout /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars will now be double (or more) every other site, with Party #6 or #7. I wouldn't count Party out, though.

Full Tilt has been growing faster than either of them, as has Ongame. This will be interesting to follow.

MiltonFriedman
Curiously, it is not on the website site map.

Truly a look inside the inner sanctum

bumpking
Thanks ZBT,

Good News: Stars is staying.
Better News: I freaked out when the legislation passed and have been playing 350 SNG's a day. The $20k didn't hurt, but now I can start sleeping again!

ZBTHorton
10-11-2006, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Curiously, it is not on the website site map.

Truly a look inside the inner sanctum

[/ QUOTE ]

:-)

DougieG
10-11-2006, 06:42 PM
This is incredibly good news. I played UB, 'Dise and AP in the last week and had decided that I may have to stop playing online if PStars didn't stick around. Thanks for all of the updates and "informed speculation" ZBT...really was helpful during the week.

uncleshady
10-11-2006, 06:43 PM
I'll post the same statement as I did in the other thread.

Isn't this just an optimistic interpretation of the bill? It looks like their whole argument hinges on "poker as a game of skill", and if that is the case, PokerStars' opinion won't hold up very long.

Klompy
Fantastic, now I have 2 big rooms to play on with rakeback/points and no "monster" bs to deal with.

BluffTHIS!
BTW, I guess Lee isn't planning on going home to Cali any time soon is he? I hope his passport doesn't need a renewal in the near future.

JPFisher55
10-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Thank you ZBT for your efforts. My recent convert from Party Poker to Poker Stars is complete. Does ZBT refer to the fraternity?

Knight Vision
10-11-2006, 06:44 PM
If ever there was a moment, this is it: DAMN THE MAN!

HedonismBot
10-11-2006, 06:45 PM
[censored] yes

ZBTHorton
10-11-2006, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you ZBT for your efforts. My recent convert from Party Poker to Poker Stars is complete. Does ZBT refer to the fraternity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does.

Jan
10-11-2006, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CHILLS??? I actually had tears come to my eyes!!!

Jan

LET'S GO METS!!!

JPFisher55
10-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Then I am a fellow fraternity brother. Class of 1977, Vanderbilt University. Alpha Gamma chapter I think.

nickg1532
[ QUOTE ]
Suck it, Congress.

[/ QUOTE ]

whangarei
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jan

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a chubby /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

TryTight
10-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Since Party announced last week that they were going to bail, I pulled all of my money out and started playing Stars. The software isn't the best but resizing the tables is great! Can't wait to see the rest of the Party players on Stars. For all of you Stars players, trust me, you want us!

SoftcoreRevolt
10-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Stars, in honor of your decision I will be depositing a couple thousand dollars on your site when my cashout from Boss hits Neteller.

sarsen
10-11-2006, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

Anyone but Frist in '08!

Wake up CALL
10-11-2006, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars believes that poker is a game of skill enjoyed by millions of players and we remain committed to providing you a safe and fun environment in which to play, until the final applicable regulalations are published and enforcement begins .

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed their formal announcement /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bumpking
10-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Does this mean that we can all start spamming the Party games to tell the fish to come over to Stars?

Seriously, if you are chatting with someone while playing, it wouldn't hurt to politely give them the news.

zipppy
10-11-2006, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ship It Holla

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

soah
10-11-2006, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
started playing Stars. The software isn't the best

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?

uncleshady
10-11-2006, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars believes that poker is a game of skill enjoyed by millions of players and we remain committed to providing you a safe and fun environment in which to play, until the final applicable regulalation are published and enforcement begins .

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I dont understand why you guys are so excited. It's not like the US government said POKAR IS LEGAL ON THE INTERNETS or anything, it is just an optimistic interpretation of the bill by Stars.

jimmytrick
10-11-2006, 06:55 PM
I am so glad that all you 2+2s are coming to Stars to play with me. Finally, my raises will be respected.

TY ZBT

jmillerdls
10-11-2006, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars believes that poker is a game of skill enjoyed by millions of players and we remain committed to providing you a safe and fun environment in which to play, until the final applicable regulalation are published and enforcement begins .

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I dont understand why you guys are so excited. It's not like the US government said POKAR IS LEGAL ON THE INTERNETS or anything, it is just an optimistic interpretation of the bill by Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

online poker never was illegal...and the bill has nothing to do with that.

Nate tha\\\' Great
WOOT WOOT!

dknightx
this will be interesting when ps decides to go public ... basically their attitude is that they will hope that by the time they choose to go public, there will be legal ways (interpretations) of bypassing this bill. Because they are not a public company right now, they have the liberty and freedom of not having any responsibility (moral or legal) to shareholders ... this is good news, but dont think its over ... its just begun.

pokerraja
could someone please copy and paste the article? im at work and can't access stars site. thanks.

deception5
10-11-2006, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which means we can still play there.... unlike Party. So it is cause for celebration.

RemyXO
10-11-2006, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stars will now be double (or more) every other site, with Party #6 or #7. I wouldn't count Party out, though.

Full Tilt has been growing faster than either of them, as has Ongame. This will be interesting to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since 80% of Party's business is in US, they should drop to about 2-2.5K players on PPScout. That will place them about 9th or 10th ... I seriously doubt their ability to expand significantly in Europe, since (1) poker is not NEARLY as huge over there (2) Other sites will have much more traffic, much more money to advertize and incite Europeans to switch over.

This indeed will be pretty exciting to witness - the Darwinian justice at work /images/graemlins/smile.gif P%ssies die off, and strong and bold survive to grow even stronger! Woohoo!!

Jeremy517
10-11-2006, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this will be interesting when ps decides to go public ... basically their attitude is that they will hope that by the time they choose to go public, there will be legal ways (interpretations) of bypassing this bill. Because they are not a public company right now, they have the liberty and freedom of not having any responsibility (moral or legal) to shareholders ... this is good news, but dont think its over ... its just begun.

[/ QUOTE ]

The chances of an online gambling site going public any time soon == 0%.

uncleshady
[ QUOTE ]
could someone please copy and paste the article? im at work and can't access stars site. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go dude,

[ QUOTE ]
Dear PokerStars Player -

As you are probably aware, the United States Congress recently enacted the Safe Port Act which contains provisions relating to Internet gambling.

PokerStars has received extensive expert advice from within and outside the U.S. which concluded that these provisions do not alter the U.S. legal situation with respect to online poker. Furthermore it is important to emphasize that the Act does not in any way prohibit you from playing online poker.

Therefore, our business continues as before - open to players worldwide including the US. You may play on our site as you did prior to the Act.

PokerStars believes that poker is a game of skill enjoyed by millions of players and we remain committed to providing you a safe and fun environment in which to play. We value your loyalty to PokerStars, and look forward to continuing to serve you with the best online poker experience, as we have for the past five years, six billion hands, and 40 million tournaments.

PokerStars Management

[/ QUOTE ]

ChunLisBF
i got chills too...

the PARTY may be over, but the sky is ABSOLUTEly FULL of STARS!!!

malo
10-11-2006, 07:00 PM
PokerStars.com - Our business continues as before

Dear PokerStars Player -

As you are probably aware, the United States Congress recently enacted the Safe Port Act which contains provisions relating to Internet gambling.

PokerStars has received extensive expert advice from within and outside the U.S. which concluded that these provisions do not alter the U.S. legal situation with respect to online poker. Furthermore it is important to emphasize that the Act does not in any way prohibit you from playing online poker.

Therefore, our business continues as before - open to players worldwide including the US. You may play on our site as you did prior to the Act.

PokerStars believes that poker is a game of skill enjoyed by millions of players and we remain committed to providing you a safe and fun environment in which to play. We value your loyalty to PokerStars, and look forward to continuing to serve you with the best online poker experience, as we have for the past five years, six billion hands, and 40 million tournaments.

PokerStars Management

HumanACtor
pokerstars wins

game over.

Coy_Roy
I thought this announcement would improve the focus of my game but I'm sitting at a table(stars table of course) so giddy that I can't contain myself.

Thank you Lee and Stars for making a stand.

Jack Bando
[ QUOTE ]

Isn't this just an optimistic interpretation of the bill? It looks like their whole argument hinges on "poker as a game of skill", and if that is the case, PokerStars' opinion won't hold up very long.

[/ QUOTE ]

William E. Baxter Jr. (Billy Baxter,7 WSOP bracelets and bankrolled Ungar for the WSOP ME 97) vs. the United States

He went to court saying poker was a skill game an should be considered earned income, IRS said it's unearned like the lottery, Baxter won the case and its appeal.

AJackson
10-11-2006, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold up in what sense? Is the FBI going to kick down their door and arrest them for being wrong?

martindcx1e
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

Anyone but Frist in '08!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee for pres!!

4thstreetpete
This is AWESOME news!!!! Partypoker will finally be dethroned in a very big way. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

LearnedfromTV
[ QUOTE ]
I am so glad that all you 2+2s are coming to Stars to play with me. Finally, my raises will be respected.

TY ZBT

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean that we can all start spamming the Party games to tell the fish to come over to Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Stars regular, my impression is that Stars games are slightly tougher than most other sites, especially Party, meaning that bringing players from other sites to Stars is probably a good thing. Those of you still on Party, sell sell sell! Two days left to let Average Poker Joe who has only ever played on Party know! What would suck is if all the Party multitabling pros came and the average players didn't know they had the option.

Pokerlicious
10-11-2006, 07:03 PM
It is far from clear that poker fits within the definition of "unlawful Internet gambling" as defined by the statute. In fact, if you are playing from a jurisdiction where poker is legal, there is a very strong argument that it is not "unlawful Internet gambling."

pokerraja
Thanks.

Awesome news. Now I need to learn to win at stars.

PokerRaja 2006 earnings:
Partypoker- (+90K)
PokerStars- (-5K)

RemyXO
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

William E. Baxter Jr. (Billy Baxter,7 WSOP bracelets and bankrolled Ungar for the WSOP ME 97) vs. the United States

He went to court saying poker was a skill game an should be considered earned income, IRS said it's unearned like the lottery, Baxter won the case and its appeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition, US Department of Homeland Security issues work visas to professional poker players, the same type that they give out for professional athletes (European NHL'ers, for example). I never heard of "a professional roulette player" or "professional craps player". If the government tries to challenge in court that poker is "gambling" and not a "game of skill", they will lose reeeally fast.

Jeff76
10-11-2006, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As a Stars regular, my impression is that Stars games are slightly tougher than most other sites, especially Party, meaning that bringing players from other sites to Stars is probably a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]I think every site is tougher than Party. Toughest site I've played on is UB.

All I know is as long as Stars keep the 180 SnGs filled and HORSE tables available, I'll be happy.

Great news indeed!

Nate tha\\\' Great
10-11-2006, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a Stars regular, my impression is that Stars games are slightly tougher than most other sites, especially Party, meaning that bringing players from other sites to Stars is probably a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]I think every site is tougher than Party. Toughest site I've played on is UB.

All I know is as long as Stars keep the 180 SnGs filled and HORSE tables available, I'll be happy.

Great news indeed!

[/ QUOTE ]

The period of Party being much softer than other sites ended about a year ago, IMO.

uncleshady
10-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Im not trying to be a downer or anything, I just wanted to create the other side of this argument. I want to be sure this statement by PokerStars is more than "Oh, Poker is a game of skill, so this new bill doesn't involve us".

Indiana
10-11-2006, 07:09 PM
HOOOOOOLLLLLAAAAAAA MY NIIIIGGGGGGAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZBT is god.

Indy

Lawman007
10-11-2006, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars believes that poker is a game of skill enjoyed by millions of players and we remain committed to providing you a safe and fun environment in which to play, until the final applicable regulalations are published and enforcement begins .

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think that's the real announcement. LOL In any event, this is definitely great news for the time being.

It will be interesting to see how far the government goes in enforcing this law. If people like Lee Jones start getting indicted and extradited, I think Stars will change its tune very fast.

This is definitely very good news for now, though.

Indiana
10-11-2006, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think that's the real announcement. LOL In any event, this is definitely great news for the time being.

It will be interesting to see how far the government goes in enforcing this law. If people like Lee Jones start getting indicted and extradited, I think Stars will change its tune very fast.

This is definitely very good news for now, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

God damit we gotta do a march on washington....enough is enough....let's not make the same mistake twice

Indy

curtains
10-11-2006, 07:14 PM
yea Im sure Lee Jones is going to get extradited real soon.

sbj99
10-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Great news!

And it's a good sign that it came out the same day as Neteller. Makes me think that Neteller will continue to deal with poker sites, not just non-poker US. Now if the US banks don't decide to ban Neteller I think we're all set.

I also noticed the first-time 100% deposit bonus on PS until end of the year. Not sure if this is new, but I like it, everyone will be playing there soon enough.

martindcx1e
10-11-2006, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Great news indeed!

[/ QUOTE ]

The period of Party being much softer than other sites ended about a year ago, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

El Diablo
10-11-2006, 07:16 PM
All,

I don't think this announcement changes anything. Just makes it more likely that Stars rather than UB or FullTilt becomes the new biggest poker site.

Kneel B4 Zod
10-11-2006, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since 80% of Party's business is in US, they should drop to about 2-2.5K players on PPScout. That will place them about 9th or 10th ... I seriously doubt their ability to expand significantly in Europe, since (1) poker is not NEARLY as huge over there (2) Other sites will have much more traffic, much more money to advertize and incite Europeans to switch over.

This indeed will be pretty exciting to witness - the Darwinian justice at work /images/graemlins/smile.gif P%ssies die off, and strong and bold survive to grow even stronger! Woohoo!!

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you are subtracting 80% of of a base that is already being abandonded by US players. just 2 weeks ago they had 15,000 players, and had consistentely been around 13k - 14k for a while. also, 75% is a more realistic number of US players, so take 25% of 14k, and you are left with 3.5k players, or right with Paradise at #5.

the other point is that sites #8 - #14 are pretty close to each other, and Party will still be a good bit ahead of all these guys, keeping them in the "front pack" of sites.

regardng Europe, it's bigger than you think. There are sites already banning US players that have big players base.

regarding money, Party has a lot of money to spend on advertising...as much as most sites. I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion.

Dunkman
10-11-2006, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im not trying to be a downer or anything, I just wanted to create the other side of this argument. I want to be sure this statement by PokerStars is more than "Oh, Poker is a game of skill, so this new bill doesn't involve us".

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think they spent the last 2 weeks to just come up with that? Of course Stars can't guarantee that they'll be able to operate in the US forever, no one can. What they are saying is that they're committed to doing what they can to continue to do business here, which is much better news than "In 48 hrs. you no can play here." I know that Stars officials met with governement reps in their home countries, presumably to talk about extradition, and I'm assuming they examined many other legal issues as well. The "poker is a game of skill" is just one of the many prongs in the strategy that online poker sites will be using to try and circumnavigate this bill.

Kneel B4 Zod
10-11-2006, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All,

I don't think this announcement changes anything. Just makes it more likely that Stars rather than UB or FullTilt becomes the new biggest poker site.

[/ QUOTE ]

UB has taken more backward steps than forward. but it's awesome for elimination blackjack!!!

Full Tilt and Ongame are run a lot better...I don't think UB will ever be more than a 2nd tier player (as they are now)

Nate tha\\\' Great
10-11-2006, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I disagree. With every site that shuts down it's US operations, we lose a certain amount of dead money that won't redeposit somewhere else. Keeping the Stars share of dead money in the game is pretty huge IMO.

TheMetetron
10-11-2006, 07:23 PM
If Stars can keep US payment methods open, good for them. Otherwise, enjoy rock-garden PokerStars.

Kneel B4 Zod
10-11-2006, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I disagree. With every site that shuts down it's US operations, we lose a certain amount of dead money that won't redeposit somewhere else. Keeping the Stars share of dead money in the game is pretty huge IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this also...some % of people wouldn't bother playing anywhere again

LearnedfromTV
10-11-2006, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

Several of us prefer that.

Plus, losing the two biggest sites would suck from a pr perspective, whereas this makes Party look like the odd duck, and if the average fish asks why Party left and others stayed they hear, "b/c they're public" and they accept that.

And regardless of all that, there's a player volume issue. Any time a site closes, a lot of the fish will just flat quit rather than go to a new site. I have a few friends who play some on Stars and wouldn't go out of their way to go somewhere else if Stars closes, especially because their impression of online poker would be damaged. Stars stays open, all those types stay, and because Stars has a lot of players, them staying is pretty big.

emptyshell
10-11-2006, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would also like to add an FU to you and and your family to the following

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice. /images/graemlins/club.gif

hotbacon
10-11-2006, 07:29 PM
I dropped 200 BB's today but I don't really care after this news.

Botchman
10-11-2006, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Even in a moment of truimph there will always be people trying to make the worst of every situation. It is a pleasure to be able to here your expert opinion.

The Bryce
10-11-2006, 07:31 PM
What they can do in terms of deposit options and advertising in the states will be quite important. A large site with terrible table quality isn't worth much at all.

Kneel B4 Zod
10-11-2006, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If Stars can keep US payment methods open, good for them. Otherwise, enjoy rock-garden PokerStars.

[/ QUOTE ]

as opposed to the other sites that will magically have the ability to keep US payment methods open?

PokerBob
10-11-2006, 07:38 PM
i want party to go BUSTO. i am a bad person.

By-Tor
10-11-2006, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Little birdie sent me this.

http://www.pokerstars.com/legislation/uigea/

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7365/brilliant7lb9badr9.jpg

derosnec
10-11-2006, 07:39 PM
me too

MiJ305
10-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Ship It. Holla

To Pokerstars I go to donk off all of my money .YaY

Bigwig
10-11-2006, 07:45 PM
This is indeed good news. We can all breathe a sigh of relief, until the regulations are known. Cautious optimism is the right frame of mind.

I will now be taking $$$ from you Stars players. Sorry in advance. Hee.

El Diablo
10-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Nate,

Yeah, that definitely is a positive, you are correct. However, I think the primary impact of all this stuff is that the perception among the casual player who has not started playing online is that it is illegal, and that's imo is the main impact of all this stuff.

lol_variance
10-11-2006, 08:09 PM
ZBTHorton you rock!!!! And of course Stars rocks!!! TYVM for keeping us informed.

Ron Burgundy
10-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif YOU LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

JuntMonkey
10-11-2006, 08:13 PM
At least we know that the "Lee Jones, I'll love you forever..." multi-quoting in the other thread last week worked.

BlackRain
10-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Stars owns

grandgnu
10-11-2006, 08:17 PM
So, uh, just one problem. I play 10/20 and 15/30 Omaha hi/lo limit games and I see that Stars has the following deposit restrictions:

$600 in 24 hours
$1500 in 7 days
$2000 in 30 days.

It will take me 2-3 months to be adequately bankrolled given those restrictions, any advice? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

ZBTHorton
10-11-2006, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, uh, just one problem. I play 10/20 and 15/30 Omaha hi/lo limit games and I see that Stars has the following deposit restrictions:

$600 in 24 hours
$1500 in 7 days
$2000 in 30 days.

It will take me 2-3 months to be adequately bankrolled given those restrictions, any advice? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fire off one e-mail.

grandgnu
10-11-2006, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

$600 in 24 hours
$1500 in 7 days
$2000 in 30 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fire off one e-mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just sent them one before I even posted here, but figured I'd check in to see if others had experience with this. Thanks!

La Brujita
10-11-2006, 08:26 PM
email them and they will raise it.

twoblacknines
I'm in your situation grandnu.. I sent them an email asking for my deposits to be raised...waiting on reply.

PairTheBoard
Does Stars have Casino games? I guess not considering their language about Poker being a skill game. It's a good thing if these sites avoid opening online Casinos like Party did. The Casino games suck money from the Poker Economy. It may be more than coincidence that the Poker games at Party got suddenly worse about 6 months ago - around the same time their Casino games were taking off. It may also be more than a coincidence that the introduction of online Casino Games to the most popular Poker site coincided with the Legislative Heat of the UIGEA.

PairTheBoard

ADS
10-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Party will drop down even below that.

You are not taking into account the negative impact their actions will have on their Foreign players from a marketing stand point.

Pog0
10-11-2006, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You are not taking into account the negative impact their actions will have on their Foreign players from a marketing stand point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I moved to Party from Pokerroom for game selection... once the regression happens, I can't see any reason to play at party other than me being used to their software.

PairTheBoard
10-11-2006, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Many Foreign players have been playing on Party for the same reason everybody else has been. Game Selection. The Game Selection will go wherever the American Players go. Many Foreign players on Party will follow. Party will suffer significantly.

PairTheBoard

goldcowboy
10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Party is toast; Stars rulz

AmazingErvin
10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
YAAAAAUS POAIJFPOAJFPOIAHPSFHdpuwafhhwfjaspdfasfasdijpfasfj asdoifj GOOO STARS

JSH06
10-11-2006, 09:08 PM
This is great news. Anyone who is still playing at Party needs to spam the tables like crazy & let everyone know to go to stars.

madbeetz
10-11-2006, 09:51 PM
[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] now i have to play like 65k VPP worth of sngs by december....[censored]

xGREGORx
10-11-2006, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jan

LET'S GO METS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

good news for a change

but you got the team wrong... GO CARDINALS!

Tofu_boy
10-11-2006, 10:06 PM
The Biggest concern is lift.
God Bless Poker Stars
Cheer!!!

twoblacknines
10-11-2006, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in your situation grandnu.. I sent them an email asking for my deposits to be raised...waiting on reply.

[/ QUOTE ]
limit just got raised from $600/day to $10,000 day.

mpslg
10-11-2006, 10:33 PM
102,000+ players on Stars right now. Awesome!

Lee Jones
10-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Hi folks -
Yes, it's official, per our announcement (http://www.pokerstars.com/legislation/uigea/).

For those of you thanking me, well, thank you, but it wasn't my decision. This decision was made by the People In Charge, though they graciously asked for my input.

So, to quote Linda Johnson, "let's play poker".

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

mused
10-11-2006, 11:06 PM
INDEED LET US PLAY SOME POKER

jimmytrick
10-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Lee,

Just want to wish you and Stars the best. Stars and staff are the standard of professionalism.

Coy_Roy
10-11-2006, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi folks -
Yes, it's official, per our announcement (http://www.pokerstars.com/legislation/uigea/).

For those of you thanking me, well, thank you, but it wasn't my decision. This decision was made by the People In Charge, though they graciously asked for my input.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I would still like to thank you Lee and the whole gang at Stars for being such a professionally run Class organization.

The US poker community needed a hero and you filled the bill.

Thanks again and were with you for the fight.

jimmytrick
10-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Also, Lee, I promise to send smokes when you get locked up.

pokerstudAA
10-11-2006, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"let's play poker"

[/ QUOTE ]

And lets do it at POKER STARS!!!

John_Manley
10-11-2006, 11:27 PM
If you go through Neteller then you can deposit 10K per week.

grandgnu
10-11-2006, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
limit just got raised from $600/day to $10,000 day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Anthony,

We have approved your request to increase your purchase limit.

Your new NETeller deposit limits are:

$10,000 per day
$20,000 per 7 days
$50,000 per 30 days

NETeller deposit limits are separate and are not combined with Visa,
MasterCard, CentralCoin and FirePay purchases.

Please note that for future purchase limit increases we may require
further information from you in the form of a signed document, or a
phone call from PokerStars for verification purposes.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Jessica
PokerStars Support Team

costanza_g
10-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Lee, wouldnt this be an awesome time for a referral sign up bonus?

maurile
10-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Holla!

[/Chantel McNnulty]

graydot
10-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Hello,

I fail to understand why PartyPoker, Firepay, e.t.c failed to come up with the same logic regarding the legislation as PokerStars and others have. How can a company as huge as PartyPoker ban US players while Pokerstars, which is probably as big (Poker) sees otherwise? It doesn't make sense to me. I can only come up with the excuse that Pokerstars chooses to ignore the facts, even though their lawyers came to the same conclusion that PP lawyers did, and decided to see what happens before they pull anything.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Guthrie
10-11-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm playing right now. Could you please flip my switch back?

Fat Nicky
10-11-2006, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

I fail to understand why PartyPoker, Firepay, e.t.c failed to come up with the same logic regarding the legislation as PokerStars and others have. How can a company as huge as PartyPoker ban US players while Pokerstars, which is probably as big (Poker) sees otherwise? It doesn't make sense to me. I can only come up with the excuse that Pokerstars chooses to ignore the facts, even though their lawyers came to the same conclusion that PP lawyers did, and decided to see what happens before they pull anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the basic difference is that Party Gaming is publicly traded and owned, while Stars is privately owned. I am sure there is more to it, but the fact that i just mentioned is a pretty big reason why stars is in and party is out.

Uglyowl
10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks for taking time before making one of the most important decisions in your companies history. It amazes me the others who did the next business day without studying the situation.

Performify
10-11-2006, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ship It Holla

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Suck it, Congress.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words never spoken.

grandgnu
10-11-2006, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is not only on the stock exchange, they also offer casino games while Stars does not.

dingying
10-11-2006, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hola, ship it!!!

Copernicus
10-11-2006, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

[/ QUOTE ]

seems obvious to me, as it has all along public company vs private company

Dave G.
10-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Oh hell yeah!

/images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

RemyXO
10-12-2006, 12:01 AM
www.pokersitescout.com (http://www.pokersitescout.com)

October 11th, 8:52 PM
24 hour peak:
PartyPoker -> 10649
PokerStars -> 10014

By this weekend we will have a new reigning online poker champion.

Lee, VNH! Good luck and stay out of trouble!

Synergistic Explosions
10-12-2006, 12:20 AM
I would think that soon Full Tilt will pass Party also.

curious123
10-12-2006, 12:47 AM
ZBTH = the Truth

I will never doubt you again.

Mark L
10-12-2006, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

thank god

LearnedfromTV
10-12-2006, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] now i have to play like 65k VPP worth of sngs by december....[censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't that hard. I'm at 10K for October already playing like 6-7 hours a day, and I mostly play stuff other than Sngs (which accrue really fast relatively).

brendanb438
10-12-2006, 01:08 AM
SIIHP!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh wait wrong thread. Ship it holla PSTARS!!!!

-Brendan

neverforgetlol
10-12-2006, 01:08 AM
SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP LEE HAVE MY BABIES IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA SHIP IT HOLLA

OmahaGal
10-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Agree! Lee, you are my hero!!!!!

Awesome site, awesome people! Can't get any better than this.

I raise my wine glass to you Lee....'CHEERS and THANK YOU!'.

See you at the tables. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm soooo happy!

Sciolist
10-12-2006, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
regarding money, Party has a lot of money to spend on advertising...as much as most sites. I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's possible that they have a lot more: They floated so should have got quite a lot of cash from that. Whether they'll be spending that on advertising is another matter...

Nate tha\\\' Great
10-12-2006, 05:12 AM
Neteller stock up 5.4% today in early trading...

Herrigel
10-12-2006, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's possible that they have a lot more: They floated so should have got quite a lot of cash from that. Whether they'll be spending that on advertising is another matter...

[/ QUOTE ]
My guess is, that they'll be forced to spend it on cash outs.

I'm European and have always been playing at Party.
But I guess, next week my bankroll goes Stars. Holla!

whangarei
10-12-2006, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Neteller stock up 5.4% today in early trading...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. I'm gonna plaigarize your "location", Nate, if you don't mind.

Body Man D
10-12-2006, 06:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Agree! Lee, you are my hero!!!!!

Awesome site, awesome people! Can't get any better than this.

I raise my wine glass to you Lee....'CHEERS and THANK YOU!'.

See you at the tables. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm soooo happy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Plus I just won the 55k(BBV) so this day couldn't get much better. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SwingVelvet
10-12-2006, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ddrstel
10-12-2006, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Dear PokerStars Player -

PokerStars Management

[/ QUOTE ]

ddrstel
10-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Awesome announcement /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks Stars, thanks Lee <333333333

checkmate36
10-12-2006, 08:06 AM
Hey congress...

How does that taste?????

Oh, and stop messing with young boys on the web you bunch of stupid [censored]. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HitKing4192
10-12-2006, 08:18 AM
What a great way to start my day!! Maybe this "new world" won't be so bad after all. I just started with FullTilt (have been railing the big games for a while, but the bonus and their early announcement led to my first deposit there)AND I still get to play on Stars as well. Thanks STARS!!!

(Now I just need to hope all my cash in Firepay is safe until I can move it back to the sites and/or to Neteller)

jackaaron
10-12-2006, 08:43 AM
"PokerStars has received extensive expert advice from within and outside the U.S. which concluded that these provisions do not alter the U.S. legal situation with respect to online poker."

To those that are worried that Stars is just being optimistic, I think the above paragraph combined with how we've seen Stars operate their business should tell you that they're not just being optimistic. They've thouroughly reviewed the situation.

Harley
10-12-2006, 02:39 PM
They are getting some press also. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Poker giant says it's exempt from gaming ban (http://news.com.com/Poker+giant+says+its+exempt+from+gaming+ban/2100-1026_3-6125254.html?tag=nefd.top)

berya
10-12-2006, 03:14 PM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Die Party Die!!

genesisgkh33
10-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Do you realize after fretting and crying for 2 weeks, this legislation now may actually be GOOD for us. Poker stars will now become the online leader. Party, paradise, pacific, sun, etc. players will all go to Stars. I would much rather Stars be #1 than Party. TY STARS!!!!!

gonebroke
10-12-2006, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"PokerStars has received extensive expert advice from within and outside the U.S. which concluded that these provisions do not alter the U.S. legal situation with respect to online poker."

To those that are worried that Stars is just being optimistic, I think the above paragraph combined with how we've seen Stars operate their business should tell you that they're not just being optimistic. They've thouroughly reviewed the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not understand how people like you have the brain cells to play poker. I guess that is the beauty of poker, no IQ required. You think pokerstars somehow magically got lawyers that says pokerstars is exempt, yet partypoker, pacificpoker, titanpoker, paradisepoker, etc. are not exempt. They are going to say whatever it takes for you to play at their site. I would say the same thing too if I owned pokerstars.

Enjoy it while you can, this is far from over. No matter what they say or what cardplayer says or what neteller says, noone knows what is going to happen.

poiuytrewq
10-13-2006, 12:00 AM
It's been said, "No one knows what is going to happen", but it has also been said, "History tends to repeat itself".

Let me quote a Cato Institute essay:
"National prohibition of alcohol (1920-33)--the "noble experiment"--was undertaken to reduce crime and corruption, solve social problems, reduce the tax burden created by prisons and poorhouses, and improve health and hygiene in America. The results of that experiment clearly indicate that it was a miserable failure on all counts. The evidence affirms sound economic theory, which predicts that prohibition of mutually beneficial exchanges is doomed to failure.

The lessons of Prohibition remain important today. They apply not only to the debate over the war on drugs but also to the mounting efforts to drastically reduce access to alcohol and tobacco and to such issues as censorship and bans on insider trading, abortion, and gambling.

Although consumption of alcohol fell at the beginning of Prohibition, it subsequently increased. Alcohol became more dangerous to consume; crime increased and became "organized"; the court and prison systems were stretched to the breaking point; and corruption of public officials was rampant. No measurable gains were made in productivity or reduced absenteeism. Prohibition removed a significant source of tax revenue and greatly increased government spending. It led many drinkers to switch to opium, marijuana, patent medicines, cocaine, and other dangerous substances that they would have been unlikely to encounter in the absence of Prohibition. Those results are documented from a variety of sources, most of which, ironically, are the work of supporters of Prohibition--most economists and social scientists supported it. Their findings make the case against Prohibition that much stronger."

I have written Sen. Bill Frist, copying my own senators, telling them how stupid it is to push their own ideology and morality on the nation as a whole. I have a new "bumper sticker" slogan I want to use, "Can we PLEASE elect someone intelligent, FOR ONCE!"

A10Chief
10-13-2006, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear PokerStars Player -

PokerStars has received extensive expert advice from within and outside the U.S. which concluded that these provisions do not alter the U.S. legal situation with respect to our offering of online poker games.

In addition, Sen. Frist is now permanently under the influence of the "doom switch. That is all.
PokerStars Management

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP /images/graemlins/wink.gif

2461Badugi
10-13-2006, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Enjoy it while you can, this is far from over.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it could have been, and that's why we're all happy.

I don't think anybody thinks this resolves anything except where we'll be able to play for the next several months while we wait for the other shoe to drop. We're just grateful Stars didn't end the war with an immediate panicked surrender.

wonderwes
10-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Lee thank you for replying.

This writer states you will have issues with RBS. I hope we do get to continue to play on your site.

article (http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1921170,00.html)

TomBrooks
10-13-2006, 05:55 AM
Any companies who cave in to the criminal tryanists that masquerade as politicians purporting to serve Amerika deserve to wither, die, and go to hell with them. Down with Cryptologic! Down with Party Poker! Kudos to Poker Stars!

BobAllinSki
10-13-2006, 06:54 AM
This is great, I've allways played at party because the games were softer, but I've never liked it much, either the company or the shoddyness of the software. Stars on the other hand I've allways found a pleasure to play at, even if I dont do as well, I'm looking forward to spending more time there, hopefully the fish will follow to and I'll get the best of both worlds /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The only thing I will miss is resizable tables, I can't fit a stars table on my laptop so I actually have to get out of bed to play there.

grandgnu
10-13-2006, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I will miss is resizable tables, I can't fit a stars table on my laptop so I actually have to get out of bed to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I played on Party and only Hold Em was resizable.

I checked out Stars recently and I was able to resize Omaha hi/lo tables and the cards adjusted to make it much more pleasant than when you adjust tables on Party....

dp13368
10-13-2006, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is great, I've allways played at party because the games were softer, but I've never liked it much, either the company or the shoddyness of the software. Stars on the other hand I've allways found a pleasure to play at, even if I dont do as well, I'm looking forward to spending more time there, hopefully the fish will follow to and I'll get the best of both worlds /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars has resizable tables.

blackjack777
10-13-2006, 07:54 AM
For now, it's all I got. Paradise banned me today.

dneedle1
10-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah, now my only problem is how to win on stars at cash tables. I'm up at Paradise, up a tad on absolute, but I'm an absolute ATM on stars. Look for me on stars people, I'm DEAD MONEY!

Case Closed
10-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Thank god, now stars can take it's rightful spot atop the online poker foodchain. Party Poker is dead, love live pokerstars.