PDA

View Full Version : Stars Update #3

ZBTHorton
10-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Expect an announcement today. I didn't want this to get buried inside the other thread. I think it'll be on the Stars website, as I don't expect a mass e-mail or anything yet.

- ZBT

Fixed typo in title -- 4_2

Vern
10-11-2006, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Expect an announcement today. I didn't want this to get buried inside the other thread. I think it'll be on the Stars website, as I don't expect a mass e-mail or anything yet.

- ZBT

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and for all those people that don't believe him, well, you can you know what his you know what.

Edit:Fixed the typo in the reply title too.

gumpzilla
10-11-2006, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- ZBT

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and for all those people that don't believe him, well, you can you know what with his you know what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha.

paperboyNC
10-11-2006, 04:04 PM
You mean expect an announcement that they are staying in the US, right?

4_2_it
10-11-2006, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Edit:Fixed the typo in the reply title too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vern,

Oops, it wasn't a typo, he expects everyone who reads this thread to transfer him $3 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ZBT -- Many thanks for sharing your knowledge /images/graemlins/smile.gif

beaster
10-11-2006, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. Here's hoping I get to clear the $240 worth of bonus I have stacked there.

QuarterTon
10-11-2006, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes ty v much for keeping us updated! looking forward to hearing the news

Uglyowl
10-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Good news needs a reload bonus. 30% to $150 (6x) code: "FU FRIST"

Vern
10-11-2006, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good news needs a reload bonus. 30% to $150 (6x) code: "FU FRIST"

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you know how many people would mess up a reload bonus code that had a space in it?

Uglyowl
10-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Guess that is why I don't work for a poker site /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jeremy517
10-11-2006, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Today" as in "Today in the US"? It isn't normal business hours for the Isle of Mann anymore.

In other words, should I continue refreshing like a madman, or should I wait until tomorrow?

Vern
10-11-2006, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"Today" as in "Today in the US"? It isn't normal business hours for the Isle of Mann anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]I thought PS PR department was run out of Colorado, at least that is where all the FPP Store items ship from.

ZBTHorton
10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, should I continue refreshing like a madman, or should I wait until tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Today in the US. Keep refreshing.

Vern
10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Should we be refreshing the main page or the press release page?

ZBTHorton
10-11-2006, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Should we be refreshing the main page or the press release page?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly have no idea. I was just told it would probably not be a mass e-mail type announcement, and something would be stated on the web site.

I would relax for a little bit guys. Keep checking back. Breathe. Cory Lidle just flew a plane into a building in NYC...go check that out.

nhtool
10-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Desperation makes me sad.

1p0kerboy
10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cory Lidle just flew a plane into a building in NYC...go check that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks. He is dead.

ZBTHorton
10-11-2006, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks. He is dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

m bozeman
10-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Blame the Tigers. He would still be pitching if they didn't whoop the Yankees.

1p0kerboy
10-11-2006, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but the Phillies traded him to New York.

1p0kerboy
10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Or was he FA?

LesJ
10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would relax for a little bit guys. Keep checking back. Breathe. Cory Lidle just flew a plane into a building in NYC...go check that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. . . very sad turn of events. Lidle pitched for my favorite team, the Cincy Reds for a couple of years and always seemed to be a class individual. The apparent lack of terroristic ties to this disaster is wonderful, but the abrupt loss of life is still tragic.

APerfect10
10-11-2006, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or was he FA?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, him and Bobby Abreu were both traded from Philly to New York in the same deal.

HeroInBlack
10-11-2006, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lidle pitched for my favorite team, the Cincy Reds for a couple of years and always seemed to be a class individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arthur Rhodes would not agree with you.

dneedle1
10-11-2006, 05:18 PM
I know this is off topic, but I vividly remember Thurman Munson's death (I was 9) in a plane crash on a runway, while practicing takeoffs and landings. I was at the very next game at Yankee Stadium the next day. The night of that game remains one of the most vivid memories of my life. Truth is much much stranger than fiction.

Fat City
10-11-2006, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]At least it wasnt a JET that crashed into the building.

Asianj
10-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Corey Lidle ran some charitable poker events. He was a class act. This was a tragedy.

Sniper
10-11-2006, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, he was also a poker player...

mhcmarty
10-11-2006, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactl what my wife just said in an e-mail. I'd be worried.

MicroBob
10-11-2006, 05:38 PM
ummmm, while this is a very interesting story I don't think it has much to do with PokerStars' upcoming announcement for poker legislation in general.

1p0kerboy
10-11-2006, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ummmm, while this is a very interesting story I don't think it has much to do with PokerStars' upcoming announcement for poker legislation in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

MB, you will see that the OP and moderator hijacked his own thread and directed the discussion in this direction. Therefore, none of us can be held accountable.

'BOY

Asianj
10-11-2006, 05:41 PM
On P-Stars, if they are not sending out an email and instead posting a message on their site, it implies it is more likley thye will not shut out US customers- any well-run company would send an email to their customers if they were going to ban them- and as we know pstars is a very well-run company

1p0kerboy
10-11-2006, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On P-Stars, if they are not sending out an email and instead posting a message on their site, it implies it is more likley thye will not shut out US customers- any well-run company would send an email to their customers if they were going to ban them- and as we know pstars is a very well-run company

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't buy this. I think they would be just as likely to release a public statement first.

And besides, what does that have to do with Cory Lidle?

HawkeyeV
10-11-2006, 05:53 PM
article on cardplayer front page says Stars is staying in US market

Coy_Roy
10-11-2006, 05:57 PM
"Card Player has learned moments ago that PokerStars has made a decision to continue accepting U.S. customers even if the President signs the current legislation. Bravo for PokerStars!"

http://cardplayer.com/poker_news/news_story/1485?class=PokerNews

DMoogle
10-11-2006, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Card Player has learned moments ago that PokerStars has made a decision to continue accepting U.S. customers even if the President signs the current legislation. Bravo for PokerStars!"

[/ QUOTE ]
Que? PokerStars hasn't even posted their statement on their website yet!

Asianj
10-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Guess my analysis was right

gumpzilla
10-11-2006, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe their sources are even more inside than ZBT's sources.

Sniper
10-11-2006, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe their sources are even more inside than ZBT's sources.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they are getting their news from 2+2... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

gumpzilla
10-11-2006, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe they are getting their news from 2+2... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be awesome.

ZBTHorton
10-11-2006, 06:27 PM
The announcement will be on the website soon. Just relax guys.

whangarei
10-11-2006, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ZBTHorton
10-11-2006, 06:31 PM
http://www.pokerstars.com/legislation/uigea/

Sniper
10-11-2006, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The announcement will be on the website soon. Just relax guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.creativedust.com/hpr/breath_detail1.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Dear PokerStars Player -

As you are probably aware, the United States Congress recently enacted the Safe Port Act which contains provisions relating to Internet gambling.

PokerStars has received extensive expert advice from within and outside the U.S. which concluded that these provisions do not alter the U.S. legal situation with respect to online poker. Furthermore it is important to emphasize that the Act does not in any way prohibit you from playing online poker.

Therefore, our business continues as before - open to players worldwide including the US. You may play on our site as you did prior to the Act.

PokerStars believes that poker is a game of skill enjoyed by millions of players and we remain committed to providing you a safe and fun environment in which to play.

We value your loyalty to PokerStars, and look forward to continuing to serve you with the best online poker experience, as we have for the past five years, six billion hands, and 40 million tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

QuarterTon
10-11-2006, 06:33 PM
yay!!!

malo
10-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Great news!!!!!!

Thanks ZBT for all you contributions these past few days--it was nice to have hope that Stars would stand up to this.

Yeeeehaaaa!