PDA

View Full Version : good source on pot odds/equity??

Gwalker99
01-28-2006, 07:13 PM
I am having trouble with this concept...are there any good books or websites that explain in detail and laymans terms.. thanks

deacsoft
01-28-2006, 09:35 PM
I highly recommend Theory of Poker by Sklansky for both Pot Odds and Equity. They are far from laymans terms, but quite easy to understand if you know and can apply basic math.

If you're looking for a shortcut way to figure pot odds Lou Krieger did an article in Card Player titled Pot Odds Made Easy. (http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/?a_id=13913&m_id=88)

Gwalker99
01-29-2006, 02:59 AM
i went to the book store and looked at Sklankys book ... the section is like 1 page and very basic. the online article you linked though has helped a lot. I need to learn about pot odds before I continue with the small stakes book

*TT*
01-29-2006, 03:20 AM
Do yourself a favor, put down Small Stakes Hold'em, and instead pick up Ed's other book - Getting Started in Hold'em. Thats where you need to be at this stage, start with the basics and work your way up. There is an excellent layman's description of the concepts behind pot equity vs the odds to improve to a better hand, its exactly what you need. Small Stakes Hold'em is an advanced book,

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif