PDA

View Full Version : Card Player Cruise Oct 11

RCHeli
10-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Anyone going on the Card Player Caribbean cruise next week? I'm trying to get a read on how many players I can look forward to during the trip. I'm also curious as to what the pro:amateur ratio may be.

Dan

Nick-Zack
10-07-2006, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone going on the Card Player Caribbean cruise next week? I'm trying to get a read on how many players I can look forward to during the trip. I'm also curious as to what the pro:amateur ratio may be.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I go on all of the CPC cruises. I don't know what the player count will be but don't expect to see many if any "pros". This should be a nice cruise as I have never been to San Juan. Feel free to ask any questions here or you can PM me.

RCHeli
10-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Hi!

Thanks for your note about the CPC. Since you go on all of them, what is the average age and ability of the players? Also, are there special "excursions" available only to the CPC guests? Will Linda, Jan, and/or Mark be aboard for this trip?

So is it Nick or is it Zack?

Thanks,
Dan Monroe

Nick-Zack
10-10-2006, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi!

Thanks for your note about the CPC. Since you go on all of them, what is the average age and ability of the players?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first trip out of NY so I can't say what the average age will be. In general its an older crowd but there are plenty of young and old mixed in. The ability is the same as any other card room. There are plenty of fish along with a few people that have a clue

[ QUOTE ]
Also, are there special "excursions" available only to the CPC guests?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are none that I have heard of this trip. The ones setup by the cruise company are the way to go if you want to do a shore excursion (I usually just go find a beach somewhere). If you go on an excursion set up by the cruise company and it is delayed getting back then the ship will wait. If you go on your own and get back late then you are on your own, the ship leaves on time.

[ QUOTE ]
Will Linda, Jan, and/or Mark be aboard for this trip?

[/ QUOTE ]

AFAIK

[ QUOTE ]
So is it Nick or is it Zack?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are my kids. My name is Mike and I will be the brush working after dinner every night. See you tomorrow

RCHeli
10-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Well Mike, thanks for the insight. I'm shutting down my computers here at work (AOL Time Warner - Netscape/CompuServe really) and heading home. If you notice my name badge (or my wife Meredith) please stop us so I can shake your hand. (I'll be the 40 year old balding one, she's the cute one with a book in one hand and a strawberry daiquiri in the other)

See ya!
Dan Monroe