PDA

View Full Version : Question about VIP bonus and points needed...

IanB000
01-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Ugh I was 30 points off from my goal this month but noticed that the "raked days" which states you have to play 5/7 days to get 200 more points hasn't taken affect in this weeks points yet.

My question is do you think that this week's raked day 200 points will still be active for the VIP period (Jan 13th - 27th) ?

KingMedicine
01-28-2006, 05:58 PM
tough call. youre gonna have a bitch of a time trying to explain your case to party tho.

IanB000
01-28-2006, 06:02 PM
* Includes Regular Party Points, Raked Day Points and Happy Hour Points. Does NOT include Tell-a-Friend Points and Deposit Points.

I'm pretty sure I can convince them that since I EARNED the points this week and played the 5 days before the period was over that they should count. If they say it doesn't count I think I can ask them to look into a fault on themselves for the wording in the e-mail and offer.

Nick-Zack
01-28-2006, 06:02 PM
I ended up 115 short and just got an email back from them:

In response to your email we wish to advise that all VIP players received 14 days to reach their January target to receive a bonus. While we appreciate that you played a high volume on the final day, the targets were set so that player would increase there play over the full period for the fortnight. This approach, while encouraging to play more, gave players the chance to have more balanced play.

Our Marketing Department have advised us that at this time they will only credit the bonus to players how have achieved their points target.

I am delighted to confirm that a PartyPoker.com VIP Club Player Club Regular Points offer will be sent to you by pop up and/or email in the weeks for the month of February.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our email address is vip@partypoker.com

Sinead
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

protocol
01-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Party was so vague in their description of this bonus, so who knows.

By my count, I cleared my bonus, but I recieved no confirmation from Party via email, should I have?

tisong
01-28-2006, 06:15 PM
they don't send confirmations

protocol
01-28-2006, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they don't send confirmations

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thanks. I was starting to get worried that I didn't clear it because of a technicality or something.

IanB000
01-28-2006, 09:41 PM
I have another question, ( I emailed party about both of these issues). I only needed roughly 540 points on friday to achieve my goal and according to them I only got like 510. I played 2 hours at NL tables during happy hours and played exactly 2000 hands at 2/4 limit full ring during non happy hours. I am a BLUE leveled member and was SURE I surpased 540 points. Anyone else think I should verify with them that I didn't achieve it?

Nick-Zack
01-28-2006, 09:53 PM
It looks like I am SOL on getting this bonus. When I added everything up I was sure that they had figured my points wrong. However, SNG's are only credited based on their ending time and since I started 10 right before midnight they ended today and don't count on yesterday's total.

I was very upset earlier but can really only blame myself. I had 14 to do this and could have put the time in. Trying to earn over 2K points on the last day sucked.

betadecay
01-29-2006, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party was so vague in their description of this bonus, so who knows.

By my count, I cleared my bonus, but I recieved no confirmation from Party via email, should I have?

[/ QUOTE ]

just send them an email, they will write back letting you know if you cleared it or not.

Pog0
01-30-2006, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have another question, ( I emailed party about both of these issues). I only needed roughly 540 points on friday to achieve my goal and according to them I only got like 510. I played 2 hours at NL tables during happy hours and played exactly 2000 hands at 2/4 limit full ring during non happy hours. I am a BLUE leveled member and was SURE I surpased 540 points. Anyone else think I should verify with them that I didn't achieve it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time, you should use your PT games summary page to calculate your own point total. I'm not sure how to figure out the happy hours points, especially if one of your sessions played over the borderline of happy/regular hours.

I was way off my target. My assumption is that party gave me a high point total target on account of my increased play time during the happy ticket promotion, but we're giving party a lot of power by allowing them to influence us to play more hours than we want because their offers are designed to push us like that.

Nick-Zack
01-30-2006, 08:25 AM
I found out the hard way how the points are computed. Happy Hour points are given from 4AM to 2PM ET. The beginning time of the game or tournament is the deciding factor. Regular Points are given however based on the ending time of tournaments.

I ended up 115 points short as the 10 SNG's that I started at the last moment ended early the morning following the promo.