PDA

View Full Version : Effect on 2007 WSOP

9LIVES
10-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Just speculating at this point, but is it reasonable to assume that there were be significantly fewer online qualifiers next year? I would venture to say that this could reduce the field by 30-50%.

The bubble may have finally burst.

viper930
10-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Why is this in the legislation forum?

9LIVES
10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Um, because it relates to legislation?

RunyonAve
10-05-2006, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is this in the legislation forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, but i'm bored at work so i'll give my opinion anyways.

They project the main event to have 12,000 players and though its way to early to see the effect that this legislation could have on the WSOP, I still think that they will at minimum break 10k players and even possible hit their projection.

goldtoes
10-05-2006, 01:45 PM
I was also thinking this. But the more I think about how this legislation is a big joke...the more I doubt it.

I think you may see less of a growth, but I think it will remain just as big, but maybe less absolutely horrible people and more "ok" people.

9LIVES
10-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Seems like this thread was irrationally moved.

The post has nothing to do with actual tournament play; rather, it has everything to do with the impact of the recent legislation.

Ignignokt
10-05-2006, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The post has nothing to do with actual tournament play; rather, it has everything to do with the impact of the recent legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was moved to put it with the other 10,000 "how many will show up at the WSOP now?" threads.

9LIVES
10-05-2006, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was moved to put it with the other 10,000 "how many will show up at the WSOP now?" threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Didn't even think to look here first.

pig4bill
10-06-2006, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are more "How many will show up at the WSOP now?" threads than there will be entries.