PDA

View Full Version : Is it not possible to email the President?

psychologist
10-02-2006, 08:34 AM
I have seen that some have contacted their senators to adress this issue.

Is it not possible to send an e-mail to the President or vicepresident at this moment?

Not for the sake of trying to get the White House not to accept the legilsation but to get the word out that people really care so maibe it can be a change in the future. If 10 % of all dedicated pokerplayers in the different forums around the world did this it could make an change.

I have been involved in doing similar things regarding other issues and the power of the people is bigger than many is aware of.

IceColdAces
10-02-2006, 08:59 AM
There is a 0% chance that he doesn't sign this into law. You think that he's gonna risk national security because a few thousand 2+2ers aren't going to be able to profit from online poker anymore?

mike_oxbig
10-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Okay so what's your great idea then?
To not do anything at all and just hope God makes it legal again?

Gregg777
10-02-2006, 09:07 AM
The bill has gaping funding loopholes.

The poker sites simply need to relax and let things run the proper course before pulling out.

psychologist
10-02-2006, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a 0% chance that he doesn't sign this into law. You think that he's gonna risk national security because a few thousand 2+2ers aren't going to be able to profit from online poker anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can u read? I said specific that that was not the purpose. The purpose is to make them aware for further action. To plant a seed.

But i guess thats difficult to pull of among egoistisk poker players who only think for themselves and not as an group.

Jeff_B
10-02-2006, 09:59 AM
president@whitehouse.gov I am positive it works because I am sure no one else wants to email him and he would def be getting less the 10,000 e-mails a day and he would read everyone.

cdutilb
10-02-2006, 10:01 AM
LOL at president Bush trying to get outlook to work. There is about a 2% chance he even knows how to use email.

K䲰䮥n
10-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Why didn't Saddam think of this?!? He would be dictating non stop!!!!

Colonel Kataffy
10-02-2006, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, he might listen if your email address happens to be Jesus@heaven.com

callme
10-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Thats no problem - you can fake adresses quite easily...

psychologist
10-02-2006, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
president@whitehouse.gov I am positive it works because I am sure no one else wants to email him and he would def be getting less the 10,000 e-mails a day and he would read everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has staff that reads all hes emails and forwards the information if nececary. All emails are probebly even documented and saved.

I have been working for Greanpeace to change regulations and we worked in this way and made for example the Australian goverment to change their laws.

goldtoes
10-02-2006, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Greanpeace

[/ QUOTE ]

thats even worse than Greenpeace.

Gringo777
10-02-2006, 10:55 AM
What if poker players make a PAC against Frist when campaigning begins -- to let him hear our voice.

...I know, sounds good -- but probably not practical.

Yes, i want revenge!