PDA

View Full Version : UB still taking US players!!!!

nycballer
10-02-2006, 08:14 AM
From a pocketfives post........

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting us.

We first want to assure you that UltimateBet’s games are still available and that you can continue to enjoy the site as you always have. UltimateBet has offered its poker room since 2001, and is not located in the United States. UltimateBet is not going away as a result of this legislation.

Here at UltimateBet.com the management of player funds is held to the highest standard of a public company. 100% of player funds are deposited in a segregated account, at a top tier bank, the Royal Bank of Scotland in the United Kingdom. You can be assured that your funds are completely safe and secure and that you are welcome to play with or withdraw your funds at anytime as usual.

The new law does not change the legality of playing online games. The law does not impact people who play games from their computers. Instead, the law focuses on the payment processing of unlawful Internet gaming.

Our strong belief is that poker is a game of skill and therefore is not encompassed by this law. As set forth in the user agreement, we furnish a gaming environment, and participants are eligible to access this environment for their enjoyment where legal to do so. We do not undertake to assess the legality of play in any particular case as our users may access us from around the world.

We hope you continue to enjoy playing at Ultimatebet.com

FastForward7
10-02-2006, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
player funds are deposited in a segregated account, at a top tier bank, the Royal Bank of Scotland

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't I hear this exact same wording letter for letter in another rooms statement? I'm almost positive I did. Anyone know which one that was?

Fhil Ivey
10-02-2006, 08:19 AM
how does ultimatebet stay in business with 50 cent rake per pot?

jrz1972
10-02-2006, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch it go up to $1 a pot as a couple hundred thousand Americans rush to their site.

awjpoker
10-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Pokerstars

goodguy_1
10-02-2006, 09:09 AM
too bad the stock(XCP.L) is down 75%-we'll be lucky to get our money out of this pos.

This is one room I dont trust along with my OnGame skin.

Gelford
10-02-2006, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
player funds are deposited in a segregated account, at a top tier bank, the Royal Bank of Scotland

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't I hear this exact same wording letter for letter in another rooms statement? I'm almost positive I did. Anyone know which one that was?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars

Isura
10-02-2006, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt.

robracing
10-02-2006, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
too bad the stock(XCP.L) is down 75%-we'll be lucky to get our money out of this pos.

This is one room I dont trust along with my OnGame skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imbecile

theBruiser500
10-02-2006, 04:51 PM
goodguy is there really a reason not to trust UB?

i will say i've had the most money on UB of any site, they have no cash out limits, i can transfer as much money asi i want to a friend and it all happens very easily on their site. track record shows most trust worth site for me

BluffTHIS!
10-02-2006, 05:04 PM
I would like to echo Bruiser's comments. Although I keep less of my roll on UB than other sites and have curtailed much of my playing there, is has nothing to do with trust. I view them as 100% trustworthy, and if they take the view that TruePoker CEO has that the law doesn't apply to them, then they will be even more trustworthy IMO provided they take rapid steps to insure the casual player can still deposit easily.

That made some severe misteps with a big software upgrade and in being slow in resolving issues with playes who had their money frozen on tables in play. But they did get them worked out, and they do want our business.

The bottom line with party and others dumping us americans, is that we can't be as choosy. And UB is going to be one of the most trustworthy sites left if they don't flip/flop and dump us as well.

meleader2
10-02-2006, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to echo Bruiser's comments. Although I keep less of my roll on UB than other sites and have curtailed much of my playing there, is has nothing to do with trust. I view them as 100% trustworthy, and if they take the view that TruePoker CEO has that the law doesn't apply to them, then they will be even more trustworthy IMO provided they take rapid steps to insure the casual player can still deposit easily.

That made some severe misteps with a big software upgrade and in being slow in resolving issues with playes who had their money frozen on tables in play. But they did get them worked out, and they do want our business.

The bottom line with party and others dumping us americans, is that we can't be as choosy. And UB is going to be one of the most trustworthy sites left if they don't flip/flop and dump us as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

what i'd like to know is how they're going to get the fish to easily deposit on their site. then i'll choose.

CrashPat
10-02-2006, 06:05 PM
That is for HU games only, they have a rake schedule on their site.

Shoe
10-02-2006, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they really lower their rake?

chicagoY
10-02-2006, 07:07 PM
It will become even rockier, but what choice do we have?
I'm sending some to WSEX tonight.

chicagoY
10-02-2006, 07:10 PM
If a site has no American citizens why would they obey our law?
What would be the point if there was no extradition treaty.
They should all move to French territory as that way our government won't even bother to make inquiries.

chicagoY
10-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Tonight FT numbers still strong and UB about average for a Monday night I'd say.

tolbiny
10-02-2006, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
goodguy is there really a reason not to trust UB?

i will say i've had the most money on UB of any site, they have no cash out limits, i can transfer as much money asi i want to a friend and it all happens very easily on their site. track record shows most trust worth site for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they solved a lot of their software problems nearly 2 years ago, they have been a pretty good site to play on.