PDA

View Full Version : Which site is going to step up and take advantage of this windfall?

Gregg777
10-02-2006, 08:07 AM
The bill makes depositing via US banks illegal.

Any site that stands up and simply prevents that, but still allows US players is going to get a massive influx of business.

Neteller is not a US bank, so for now I think they're still a viable solution, but once they back out, there will always be secondary options, like the phone cards from years ago.

(Pros who need to deposit larger amounts will figure out other ways, such as foreign accounts.)

Somebody needs to step up and specifically address what is being banned, and not the entire US playing population.

Throwin the baby out with the bathwater if you ask me.

Bottom line is while Frist used a loophole in the system to get this crap passed, there are also legal loopholes we can use to keep funding the poker sites.

So far the PPA has not accomplished much, but one thing they could do now is organize some legal council, determine viable (legal) loopholes, and keep that information publicized and updated.

gila
10-02-2006, 08:10 AM
So far, it looks like 3, maybe 4 or 5 sites have unoffically stepped up. Bodog, Wsex, poker.com, and maybe absolute and UB. If I can still play at those five, at this point, I'll take it.

HSB
10-02-2006, 08:19 AM
UB has been pretty clear they're sticking around. Time will tell of course but so far they look good.

Has Absolute made a statement?

Personally I am holding out hope for Stars and Full Tilt.

adios
10-02-2006, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The bill makes depositing via US banks illegal.

Any site that stands up and simply prevents that, but still allows US players is going to get a massive influx of business.

Neteller is not a US bank, so for now I think they're still a viable solution, but once they back out, there will always be secondary options, like the phone cards from years ago.

(Pros who need to deposit larger amounts will figure out other ways, such as foreign accounts.)

Somebody needs to step up and specifically address what is being banned, and not the entire US playing population.

Throwin the baby out with the bathwater if you ask me.

Bottom line is while Frist used a loophole in the system to get this crap passed, there are also legal loopholes we can use to keep funding the poker sites.

So far the PPA has not accomplished much, but one thing they could do now is organize some legal council, determine viable (legal) loopholes, and keep that information publicized and updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg I think you're analysis is spot on. Here's a scenario that somebody will probably shoot down but what the heck. Say that Neteller is ceases to do business with U.S. banks (that's unrealistic I think). Well it's easy to see that they'll continue to do business with foreign banks and having an account in a foreign bank is one way to get around the problem. The other scenario is that Neteller ceases to do business with gambling sites. Someone else will pick up the slack and it's debatable in mind that the U.S. can dictate how Neteller does it's business in with non U.S. entities.

whipsaw
10-02-2006, 10:01 AM
It looks like UB is sticking around, but I just cashed out 2/3 of what I have in there - we'll see if it gets processed.