PDA

View Full Version : Publisher's note "Has poker peaked?"

Lawman
10-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Guess it has on the internet - lol

daveymck
10-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I read the editorial and really wondered how it got published without any mention of the potential threat to online poker, I know it will have been written in advance but the last couple of weeks there had been a threat even if most people thought it was unlikely to be pushed through.

Mason Malmuth
10-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi daveymck:

Obviously it was written in advance and we were under the impression that the Internet Gambling bill would not be addressed until after the election. Needless to say all predictions are now off.

Best wishes,
Mason

Blue Lagoon
10-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Best wishes... Yes, best wishes...

Jeffage
10-03-2006, 10:37 PM
What are your new predictions? Where do you see poker a year from now? Two years? FWIW, I'm playing poker online right now.

Jeff

Mason Malmuth
10-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi Jeff:

The only comment I will make at this moment is that I don't think things will be as bad as some of the doom sayers are saying. There will still be plenty of poker in the future relative to where we were before the boom began three-and-a-half years ago.

Other than that, it's very difficult to predict anything at the moment. A lot depends on exactly what the regulations turn out to be, and whether the sites will be able to work around them to some degree.

Best wishes,
Mason