PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone confirm that Party will suspend after Bush sign or 270 days

xxThe_Lebowskixx
10-02-2006, 07:11 AM
It doesnt seem to be decisive, and I am still holding on to a slither of hope that it will be 270 days. I emailed them and I am waiting for a response.

beset
10-02-2006, 07:12 AM
the official statement, unless I mis-read it, seemed to clearly state US players would be suspended when Bush signs the bill.

nation
10-02-2006, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the official statement, unless I mis-read it, seemed to clearly state US players would be suspended when Bush signs the bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil153
10-02-2006, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the official statement clearly states that US players would be suspended when Bush signs the bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

www.partygaming.com (http://www.partygaming.com)

leb, do you really play high stakes poker??

xxThe_Lebowskixx
10-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Is it a law as soon as he signs it, or after 270 days?

"When or if the legislation is passed into law, the company will cease to accept all wagers or deposits for the purpose of wagers from US customers. US customers will continue to be able to access their accounts and our play for free sites and we will be considering options to offer new services and products to our US customer community. The company maintains access to cash sufficient to fulfill any and all cash out requests."

Artsemis
10-02-2006, 07:41 AM
It's law when signed.

Pinchot
10-02-2006, 07:42 AM
The market is not taking the news well. At this point, Party Gaming is down over 50%.

Party Gaming Taking a Nosedive (http://www.londonstockexchange.com/en-gb/pricesnews/prices/system/detailedprices.htm?sym=GI000A0ERMF2GBGBXSET3B0B3SV 4PRTY)

KSOT
10-02-2006, 07:43 AM
When is he set to sign it though? One source said today, another said within two weeks.

Phil153
10-02-2006, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it a law as soon as he signs it, or after 270 days?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the first two paragraphs of the link I gave you:

On 30 September 2006, the United States Congress passed The Safe Port Act. That measure also contained certain provisions known as the ‘Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006’ that will affect the processing of payments between US customers and online gaming companies, including PartyGaming, that are publicly traded and licensed and regulated in respected jurisdictions.
The Act is expected to be signed into law by President Bush within the next two weeks. If signed into law, it will immediately make unlawful the receipt by a gambling business of proceeds or monies in connection with unlawful internet gambling. The Act does not clarify the definition of unlawful gambling. However, as the first piece of Federal legislation dealing explicitly with internet gaming, it does make clear that the US government intends to stop the flow of funds from Americans to online gaming operators through criminal sanction. The Act also asserts that, under US law, a wager must be permitted under the laws both of the customer’s place of residence and that of the operator.
After taking extensive legal advice, the Board of PartyGaming Plc has concluded that the new legislation, if signed into law, will make it practically impossible to provide US residents with access to its real money poker and other real money gaming sites. As a result of this development, the Board of PartyGaming has determined that if the President signs the Act into law, the Company will suspend all real money gaming business with US residents, and such suspension will continue indefinitely,

Clear?

Jesus [censored] Christ.

tubasteve
10-02-2006, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the official statement clearly states that US players would be suspended when Bush signs the bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

www.partygaming.com (http://www.partygaming.com)

leb, do you really play high stakes poker??

[/ QUOTE ]

its KKF moran /4th level

Jeff_B
10-02-2006, 10:15 AM
uh totally unrelated but how could I go and buy some party stock.. maybe $100 / $200 worth? (Im poor) but would be rich when it starts to go back up