PDA

View Full Version : So how much time do we actually have?

jungy121
10-02-2006, 04:32 AM
i have money on party, but i have it on an account that i transfred money to, and the interacount transfer limit is maxed out, and i have to wait a total of 10 days to cash out 2,000. 3 more days because i made the account 4 days ago, and 1 more week to cash out the remaining thousand.

so how much time do we have til party freezes U.S> accounts?

latefordinner
10-02-2006, 04:33 AM
for playing? probably not very long. for cashing out? probably forever.

dibbs
10-02-2006, 04:35 AM
From the sounds of the statement, they will stop accepting US business whenever the Pres signs the bill into law.

I'd look over the summary/analysis of the bill thats in the FAQ, but from what I know, they will not simply not give you money because you are a US resident, they may not accept any new deposits from you, but they will get you your money.

jungy121
10-02-2006, 04:36 AM
forever? i read a thread that said party was going to freeze U.S. accounts once the bill was signed

latefordinner
10-02-2006, 04:40 AM
read some more

dibbs
10-02-2006, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
forever? i read a thread that said party was going to freeze U.S. accounts once the bill was signed

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very, very highly unlikely they will "freeze" your account to the point that they will not let you withdraw your money, if they did this theyd never be able to do business again in Europe and Asia from bad press, the latter being a massive possible future market.

With Victor Chandler (tribeca skin, aka doyles room skin), who decided to stop accepting US players two weeks or so ago, they sent an email saying that I needed to withdraw my funds by xxx, and they sent this email every few days reminding me, I did so and it was fine.

I imagine Party will do the same, they will not rob anybody almost positively, although people with things invested in Monster tourney entries may argue otherwise...

jungy121
10-02-2006, 04:43 AM
ok i guess reading this makes me feel better. i guess i'll cash out 1k a week until the party is over.