PDA

View Full Version : NETELLER WTF

mmmmmbeeeer
10-02-2006, 03:57 AM
ok i realize they are down for scheduled maintenance.

when i started reading the bet888/pp news i immediately began cashing out, just to be safe, because i figured neteller would be safer than the sites at this point. i do most of my transactions bank-neteller-site, except on pp, cuz pp is the only site on which i have a registered bank account.

and now neteller stock is going INTO THE S.HITTER.

so what's the deal? should i try to get these cashouts reversed, or is the money safer in NT? keep in mind that once the $ gets to nt i am immediately withdrawing it to my checking account.

Lawman007
10-02-2006, 03:58 AM
I would do whatever is necessary to get it into a bank account as soon as possible.

iron81
10-02-2006, 03:59 AM
You should note that Neteller appears to be down for maintenance right now.

pushit7
10-02-2006, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would do whatever is necessary to get it into a bank account as soon as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions, since the site is down? I would think they are going to get hammered when they are scheduled to be back up.

engineer_mba
10-02-2006, 04:00 AM
I agree, I think there will be a huge run on the bank when the average Joe wakes up and hears about this. But that's just my opinion.

Leo

mmmmmbeeeer
10-02-2006, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which, for me, predominantly involves going through neteller. but they are getting RAPED right now. hence, panic.

Jooka
10-02-2006, 04:02 AM
this is what Ive noticed as a daily maintenance(perhaps not every day) I wouldnt worry but I wouldnt keep cash there either. i would get any funds on any site that is traded publically out asap. maybe an overreaction but damn there stock is falling fast.

iron81
10-02-2006, 04:07 AM
Just so you guys know, stock price does not generally have a day-to-day effect on the operations of a company. Bankrupt companies can have a stock price of $0 and continue to operate almost normally. Just because the stocks are tanking does not mean that Neteller or Party is going BUSTO tomorrow.

mmmmmbeeeer
10-02-2006, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is what Ive noticed as a daily maintenance(perhaps not every day) I wouldnt worry but I wouldnt keep cash there either. i would get any funds on any site that is traded publically out asap. maybe an overreaction but damn there stock is falling fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

i prob am overreacting. but when their maintenance is done at 6 am EST i am immediately cashing out everything i have in there to my checking account. the problem is that the significnat amount that i cashed out to NT from the sites about a half an hour ago probably won't be in there by 6.

mmmmmbeeeer
10-02-2006, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just so you guys know, stock price does not generally have a day-to-day effect on the operations of a company. Bankrupt companies can have a stock price of $0 and continue to operate almost normally. Just because the stocks are tanking does not mean that Neteller or Party is going BUSTO tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

good to hear, i don't much at all about this stuff

/extreme paranoia

alec2927
10-02-2006, 04:09 AM
are you guys planning on doing an instacash cash out which takes 8.9% or the normal one that takes a few days?

suzzer99
10-02-2006, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which, for me, predominantly involves going through neteller. but they are getting RAPED right now. hence, panic.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) You aren't the mmmmmmmBeer of the old Motley Fool boards are you?

b) Anyone know how long it takes to do a cashout by check? I am a little nervous about Neteller going insolvent the day they are holding my money.

tagtastic
10-02-2006, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i prob am overreacting. but when their maintenance is done at 6 am EST i am immediately cashing out everything i have in there to my checking account. the problem is that the significnat amount that i cashed out to NT from the sites about a half an hour ago probably won't be in there by 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a minimum of a 2 day wait cashing out from prima to neteller (sometimes longer). As we've all seen, alot can happen in 2 days.

mmmmmbeeeer
10-02-2006, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
are you guys planning on doing an instacash cash out which takes 8.9% or the normal one that takes a few days?

[/ QUOTE ]

etf

mmmmmbeeeer
10-02-2006, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b) Anyone know how long it takes to do a cashout by check? I am a little nervous about Neteller going insolvent the day they are holding my money.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) no
b) no idea

latefordinner
10-02-2006, 04:12 AM
Neteller isn't going anywhere. The poker sites aren't going anywhere. Just because you may not be able to play on them doesn't mean that someone is running off to a strip club with your bankroll.

I'm quite certain that there's quite a lot of us who have a lot more money in neteller right now than most of the people freaking out.

mmmmmbeeeer
10-02-2006, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a minimum of a 2 day wait cashing out from prima to neteller (sometimes longer). As we've all seen, alot can happen in 2 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

fortunately i wasn't cashing out from prima. party is usually pretty quick, as is ub/stars i'm pretty sure.

mmmmmbeeeer
10-02-2006, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Neteller isn't going anywhere. The poker sites aren't going anywhere. Just because you may not be able to play on them doesn't mean that someone is running off to a strip club with your bankroll.

I'm quite certain that there's quite a lot of us who have a lot more money in neteller right now than most of the people freaking out.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right i am freaking out. i'll stop doing that. but the first part of that sentence is almost assuredly false.

chicagoY
10-02-2006, 04:49 AM
I still think neteller would not steal from us purposely. They may be overwhelmed atthe moment though.

chicagoY
10-02-2006, 04:50 AM
Why wouldn't they have the money on hand to disperse?

Also, don't lots of unaffected Europeans use Neteller?

New001
10-02-2006, 04:51 AM
It says it's down until 11:00 UK time, that's... an hour from now?

geormiet
10-02-2006, 04:52 AM
US Member Update: 1st October 2006

On Friday 29 September 2006, the US Congress passed legislation which includes certain provisions to prohibit unlawful internet gambling through the restriction of payments to such sites.

The Bill states that there will be a period of up to 9 months for the US regulators to prescribe regulations requiring each designated payment system and all participants therein to identify and block or otherwise prevent or prohibit restricted transactions.

It is currently unclear how NETELLER, a European company, with no assets, presence or employees in the US, would be affected by this bill. Once the regulations have been written, NETELLER will have a clearer view of which companies are affected, how those companies will be expected to comply, and any possible resulting impact on NETELLER and its US facing business.

NETELLER continues to operate its business as normal.

Over 3 million customers in 160 countries trust NETELLER to transfer over $7 billion each year. The company is authorized in the UK by the Financial Services Authority and listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. To protect its customers’ money, all deposited, in-transit, and un-cleared funds are held in Trust Accounts.

New001
10-02-2006, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've received checks from Poker Stars in as quick as 2-3 days. Party has taken longer, more like 7 days. Neteller is somewhere in between.