martindcx1e
10-02-2006, 02:34 AM
http://www.gambling911.com/Party-Gaming-Poker-Stars-100206.html

bkellog1
10-02-2006, 02:36 AM
I pray that this is not true

kleath
10-02-2006, 02:38 AM
I cant see Stars giving up so easily, I guess we'll see later today but they're so deep in the us market, but I guess we shall see.

Lawman007
10-02-2006, 02:38 AM
We're about to witness a complete meltdown.

martindcx1e
10-02-2006, 02:39 AM
OK so how do we get the fish over to WSEX??

Lawman007
[ QUOTE ]
I cant see Stars giving up so easily, I guess we'll see later today but they're so deep in the us market, but I guess we shall see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like Party Poker?

vabogee
[ QUOTE ]
We're about to witness a complete meltdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, stfu already! do you just sit up all night writing crap like this on the boards?

martindcx1e
10-02-2006, 02:40 AM
lawman's right. if this isn't a meltdown then what is?

dibbs
10-02-2006, 02:40 AM
I still dont trust gambling 911, it seems theyve been off base on a bunch of their postings.

That being said Im not optimistic about this either.

kleath
10-02-2006, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like Party Poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars is a different beast, first they arent publicly traded 2nd stars marketing compaign seems generally US focused. I would expect party to bolt alot faster than Stars, though granted stars pulling out wouldnt be some big shock but I am surprised they're acting this quick.

Tofu_boy
10-02-2006, 02:46 AM
star have high rank executive from US.
Tom, Lee Jones..

Lawman007
10-02-2006, 02:47 AM
The public/private distinction is being overplayed in my opinion. I don't think that the CEO of a private company would want to risk going to jail in America anymore than the CEO of a public company.

HumanACtor
10-02-2006, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
star have high rank executive from US.
Tom, Lee Jones..

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not unusual...

blueodum
10-02-2006, 02:50 AM
Among the high traffic sites, we might have only selected Ongame sites left after the smoke clears. Full Tilt, UB and Stars might be in crisis mode right now.

But have no fear, other sites will emerge as huge winners by taking on fleeing US traffic. Remember Planet Poker once dominated the online poker landscape - things change.

ECDub
10-02-2006, 02:52 AM
Well, either a lot of new stuff will come to light in the next few hours or we will know gambling 911 got a lot of their stuff wrong the past few days. Their articles always seem shady to me the way they never have any official information, yet they report "sources close" to some organization have contacted them for some odd reason.

UATrewqaz
10-02-2006, 02:54 AM
There are those folks who will take the risk if the financial gain is big enough, kinda like drug lords.

Lawman007
10-02-2006, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are those folks who will take the risk if the financial gain is big enough, kinda like drug lords.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's alway cool to do business with drug lords. They are generally very trustworthy with other people's money.

blueodum
10-02-2006, 03:00 AM
As an adendum to my comment, I'm getting a sense of perverse glee watching a revolution unfold before my eyes.

bkellog1
10-02-2006, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As an adendum to my comment, I'm getting a sense of perverse glee watching a revolution unfold before my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not, I love Pokerstars and am horrified that they are contemplating shutting out U.S players

Lawman007
10-02-2006, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are one sick [censored] then. This isn't a revolution. It's carnage.

DuderinoAB
10-02-2006, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the sense you're dancing in the streets over this. I really don't see why you're taunting people over this in just about every thread. You were right thought...NH.

Lawman007
10-02-2006, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the sense you're dancing in the streets over this. I really don't see why you're taunting people over this in just about every thread. You were right thought...NH.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? I'm not taunting anybody, and you're crazy if you think that I'm happy about any of this. I love playing online poker. This is just awful.

I really wish I had been wrong. I really do.

MikeyPatriot
10-02-2006, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? I'm not taunting anybody, and you're crazy if you think that I'm happy about any of this. I love playing online poker. This is just awful.

I really wish I had been wrong. I really do.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've certainly been less than helpful for anyone in this forum.

newhizzle
10-02-2006, 03:18 AM
good thing i just busto'd my account! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

seriously though, this [censored] sucks

erastank
10-02-2006, 03:20 AM
Seriously guys. We need to take a close look at our government and wonder why exactly we continue to pay them to strip away our rights.

The government has no right taking away this great game from us. Poker isn't the same as online slots or some [censored].

Instead of carefully studying online gaming or even DEBATING this, they let some nazi slide it onto an unrelated bill.

Sure, the end of online poker is not the end of the world. But the point is our government doesn't give a [censored] about the happiness of its citizens. This is the most reactionary, oppressive government to ever rule over the US.

It's not just this online gaming legislation. Take a look at this site prisonplanet.com.

There's all sorts of crazy [censored] going on in this country right now and people just walk around thinking they live in the greatest country- the leader of the free world.

Jefferson, Franklin, Payne, they are rolling over in their graves right now.

What a spineless group of sychophanatic, immoral, and soulless dicktards we have running this country.

Oh... and [censored] you Frist. You've made yourself some enemies.

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

pineapple888
10-02-2006, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's alway cool to do business with drug lords. They are generally very trustworthy with other people's money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawman, eat sh!t and die.

We are talking about people's livelihoods here.

blueodum
10-02-2006, 03:21 AM
Just to clarify. I feel your pain. Even though I won't be banned (I live in Canada), anything that decreases traffic is bad for me. This is obviously going to put a big dent in traffic.

But I do not feel that this is the end. You will all be able to play online poker somewhere, even if the places you are playing at are not named Party, Stars or even Full Tilt.

This is a facsinating look into the "panic mentality" that afflict most humans from time to time.

pineapple888
10-02-2006, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This is a facsinating look into the "panic mentality" that afflict most humans from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not panicking, but whatever results from all of this cannot possibly be as good as what came before.

LesJ
10-02-2006, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lawman, eat sh!t and die.

We are talking about people's livelihoods here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only user I have ever ignored in a year and a half of being here. I wish you folks would quit quoting his posts:)

MattSuspect
10-02-2006, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good thing i just won millions of monies /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too sad and disheartened to make an amusing fyp to change that to something about you being a millionaire.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BS Yee
10-02-2006, 03:27 AM
I understand Mason Malmuth will be issuing a statement in a couple of days after consulting with his lawyer. I'm sure MM will say there is nothing to worry about.

Osprey
10-02-2006, 03:29 AM
He's probably too busy translating the books into French, German, Farsi and Chinese to issue a statement

iron81
10-02-2006, 03:33 AM
Post deleted by iron81

iron81
10-02-2006, 03:34 AM
Stars is screwing around with my cashout.

I just tried to cash out about $1100 out of Stars and I got this email message:

[ QUOTE ]

Cashout request time: 2006/10/02 03:12:53

Cashout amount: $0.00

Your PokerStars Account Information:
Name: XXXXXXXXXXX
Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
User ID: iron81

If you have any further questions regarding this transaction,
please contact cashier@PokerStars.com<br />
<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

[/ QUOTE ]

The client also does not reflect the cashout in my transactions history.

martindcx1e
10-02-2006, 03:34 AM
holy crap i hope that is just a one-time glitch or the world really is going to end.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

MikeyPatriot
10-02-2006, 03:35 AM
I cashed out and had no problem, received no weird e-mail.

Leader
10-02-2006, 03:35 AM
I had no problem just 30 min ago. Try emailing them.

Kazuma
10-02-2006, 03:37 AM
The neteller site is down, so any cashout you make to neteller won't go through now. When neteller is back up it will go through.

cracker9521
10-02-2006, 03:38 AM
I know this probably isnt the place but I dont want to start a whole new thread. Has anyone heard of prima chiming in yet?

50sQuiff
10-02-2006, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
holy crap i hope that is just a one-time glitch or the world really is going to end.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not screwing with your cashout. This is the result of a NETeller glitch. Our Payments department will be dealing with the problematic cashouts when NETeller comes back up. This is quite normal.

pokerraja
10-02-2006, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

at least you are already a millionaire, heck probably a few times over. you are set. guys like me who after playing for the last 4 years I finally on pace to crack 100K this year and then boom! life sucks.

Lawman007
10-02-2006, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not screwing with your cashout. This is the result of a NETeller glitch. Our Payments department will be dealing with the problematic cashouts when NETeller comes back up. This is quite normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, Mr. PokerStars. Are you guys pulling out of the US or not?

Maurice
10-02-2006, 03:48 AM
I think someone posted this before-- but this was the e-mail i got from them a few minutes ago. Translation- they aren't tipping their hand yet.

"We appreciate and share your concerns about the bill which passed in
the US Congress today regarding the funding of internet gaming, as an
attachment to a Port Security bill.

PokerStars' management and legal team are examining the bill at this
time. Until we understand the potential impact of the bill, we cannot
comment on how it will impact our players or PokerStars. Please note
that the bill includes a 270-day window for enforcement procedures to
be established, so we do not expect to see any immediate changes in
the ability to transfer funds to and from PokerStars.

Also please remember that your money is safe on PokerStars. All
player funds are in a segregated account at the Royal Bank of Scotland.

As always, we thank you for playing on PokerStars."

bkellog1
Yes do tell

iron81
Tank you 50sQuiff for your response. I'm worrying a little less now.

All, I know there are a lot of scared people on this forum right now, and I apologize for contributing to it. I ask that you all remain calm on these forums. While I'm not a Legislation mod, I'm going to be monitoring them until one of the Legislation forum mods wakes up.

MikeyPatriot
10-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Sent this e-mail to support:

This article speculates that PokerStars will be moving out of the U.S. market in reaction to recent U.S. legislation. I was told by Stars two days before legislation passed that this bill had little chance of passing according to its experts. When the bill passed, I received little answers.

As a loyal Stars customer for 4 years, I want an answer right now. Is this >report true? Keep in mind that if get some standard company line or an outright lie, the truth will be known soon, and I have no problems turning my back and 1) never playing on PokerStars again if circumstances change and 2) spreading the word about Stars lies.

Mike

...and got the standard response they've been giving the past couple of days. Here's hoping they don't roll over so I have to do some smear campaigning.

Osprey
10-02-2006, 03:53 AM
What the hell good does any of this do? Just take your money out, and if they keep going, you can redposit.
[ QUOTE ]

This article speculates that PokerStars will be moving out of the U.S. market in reaction to recent U.S. legislation. I was told by Stars two days before legislation passed that this bill had little chance of passing according to its experts. When the bill passed, I received little answers.

As a loyal Stars customer for 4 years, I want an answer right now. Is this >report true? Keep in mind that if get some standard company line or an outright lie, the truth will be known soon, and I have no problems turning my back and 1) never playing on PokerStars again if circumstances change and 2) spreading the word about Stars lies.

Mike

...and got the standard response they've been giving the past couple of days. Here's hoping they don't roll over so I have to do some smear campaigning.

[/ QUOTE ]

jimmytrick
10-02-2006, 03:54 AM
I wonder what time the Bank of Scotland opens this morning?

schwah
10-02-2006, 03:55 AM
from the wcoop tourney:

Lefort: so Lee, any inside word on the whole legal issue?
Dealer: Game #6496206708: Rekrul wins pot (198000)
Lee Jones [PokerRoom Manager]: Tell you what folks, let's discuss that later.
Lefort: sure thing Lee
Lee Jones [PokerRoom Manager]: For now, let's revel in the largest tournament in online poker history.

smoore
10-02-2006, 03:55 AM
crap:

[ QUOTE ]

Dealer: Game #6496206708: Rekrul wins pot (198000)
Lee Jones [PokerRoom Manager]: For now, let's revel in the largest tournament in online poker history.
Dealer: Game #6496208395: serb2127 wins pot (198000)
VictorRamdin [Commentator]: lets play poker

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: heh, simulpost

beeny
10-02-2006, 03:56 AM
Table 215, WCOOP $2500+100 Main Event

damn, 2 people beat me to it

jimmytrick
10-02-2006, 03:57 AM
just in from WCOOP #18 asked about the situation:

jimmytrick
10-02-2006, 03:57 AM
That means we (US) are [censored].

ECDub
10-02-2006, 03:58 AM
You guys are on top of things tonight. Nice work.

Lawman007
10-02-2006, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just in from WCOOP #18 asked about the situation:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that doesn't sound good.

SkandarAkbar
10-02-2006, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously guys. We need to take a close look at our government and wonder why exactly we continue to pay them to strip away our rights.

The government has no right taking away this great game from us. Poker isn't the same as online slots or some [censored].

Instead of carefully studying online gaming or even DEBATING this, they let some nazi slide it onto an unrelated bill.

Sure, the end of online poker is not the end of the world. But the point is our government doesn't give a [censored] about the happiness of its citizens. This is the most reactionary, oppressive government to ever rule over the US.

It's not just this online gaming legislation. Take a look at this site prisonplanet.com.

There's all sorts of crazy [censored] going on in this country right now and people just walk around thinking they live in the greatest country- the leader of the free world.

What a spineless group of sychophanatic, immoral, and soulless dicktards we have running this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

A [censored] MEN BROTHER

suzzer99
10-02-2006, 04:00 AM
I was going to post the same thing.

jimmytrick
10-02-2006, 04:03 AM
I would be willing to bet that a good 50-100 of the reps that voted for this play poker themselves. Poker games have a long tradition on the Hill.

jap613
10-02-2006, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Table 215, WCOOP $2500+100 Main Event

damn, 2 people beat me to it

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably one of the most disconcerting things that lee has ever said...
god damn it

dibbs
10-02-2006, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

at least you are already a millionaire, heck probably a few times over. you are set. guys like me who after playing for the last 4 years I finally on pace to crack 100K this year and then boom! life sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you brother, startin to actually play incredibly well, movin up well bankrolled, make real money, start putting together an investment plan, and bam, [censored] eh.

BenKT68
10-02-2006, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear you brother, startin to actually play incredibly well, movin up well bankrolled, make real money, start putting together an investment plan, and bam

[/ QUOTE ]

mackthefork
10-02-2006, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The public/private distinction is being overplayed in my opinion. I don't think that the CEO of a private company would want to risk going to jail in America anymore than the CEO of a public company.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Party had to pull out to avoid trading in their shares being suspended by the LSE. Obviously Stars are not in the same boat at all, does anyone really care anyway, this legislation is obviously protectionism and probably illegal.

Mack

10-02-2006, 04:36 AM

kabouter
10-02-2006, 04:38 AM
As a european would you rather play on party or stars at this point?

suzzer99
10-02-2006, 04:51 AM
FossilMan [Commentator]: lol donkaments

ChrisGSmyth
10-02-2006, 04:54 AM
Lee Jones [PokerRoom Manager]: I'd like to make a big shout out to all the staff at PokerStars. You guys do an amazing job. And a special salute to all the customer service folks who deliver the best support in the business, 24/7.

daveymck
10-02-2006, 05:00 AM
If Stars were wanting to float I would guess they would ban US players, why they would want to float after banning US players and their market sector shares in freefall I wouldnt be able to guess.

Lee Jones
10-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Hi folks -
Obviously, there are many unanswered questions at this point - we'll let you know more as time progresses.

However, there are three important things that we can tell you right now:

1. Your money is completely safe at PokerStars. It's kept in a segregated account at one of the largest banks in Europe.

2. You do, and will, have 24/7 access to your account funds. You will always be able to get to your money.

3. We have not made a decision one way or another as regards closing our American accounts.

The other thing that I can promise is that we'll keep the lines of communication open to forums such as these. Stay tuned.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

Ron Burgundy
10-02-2006, 06:31 AM
OH PLEEEEEEZ LEE DON'T BAN AMERICANS

I LUV YOU LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HOLD ME PLZ

schwah
10-02-2006, 06:31 AM
lee, thank you for being awesome

SABR42
10-02-2006, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whangarei
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

beeny
Thanks Lee. That's a nice message to read before heading to sleep. I was railbirding the WCOOP ME... nice job running the show there. Maybe next time you should tell Joe Hachem not to talk so much when the players are trying to make a deal for millions of dollars? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike Cuneo
10-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Come on Lee take a stand and fight for what's right. Players will remember it forever if you defend online poker and flock to your site.

If you can answer this question also: How can companies like PokerStars/PartyPoker just walk away from $6b in revenue. $6,000,000,000! Americans love poker, online or live, and we should be free to play it whenever we choose, whether we live near a casino or not. TAKE A STAND LEE! STAND UP FOR PERSONAL FREEDOMS IN THE USA! (and get paid handsomly for it)

2461Badugi
10-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Lee.

Do you have a sense for when you will have further news? Even a scale estimate: hours/days/weeks?

whangarei
10-02-2006, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Come on Lee take a stand and fight for what's right. Players will remember it forever if you defend online poker and flock to your site.

If you can answer this question also: How can companies like PokerStars/PartyPoker just walk away from $6b in revenue. $6,000,000,000! Americans love poker, online or live, and we should be free to play it whenever we choose, whether we live near a casino or not. TAKE A STAND LEE! STAND UP FOR PERSONAL FREEDOMS IN THE USA! (and get paid handsomly for it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Burgundy
10-02-2006, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, but most of their compettitors are going to wuss out and ban US players. Stars could be easily the biggest site if they keep US playhers.

Mike Cuneo
10-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Right, why aren't companies like PStars and Party fighting to the death for a share of $6b? Why are these companies even in business if they cant stand up for their customers one time and deal with some pressure? Can we get a poker site that will take a risk in order to get some serious money? Wish I was in charge of a large site I would tell the USA to go straight to hell, because the people in charge of the USA are just a bunch of hypocrites.

Gambling "tears at the fabric of society" (unless its horse racing or the lottery-AKA TAX ON POOR PEOPLE!) what a crock of [censored].

tagtastic
10-02-2006, 06:49 AM
All the decesion makers for the gaming companies are already rich beyond their wildest dreams. The last thing they want is prison time. They're giving up an avalanche of cash for a small, but safe and steady stream. No brainer from their perspective, why gamble when you've already won?

Corpsebean
10-02-2006, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All the decesion makers for the gaming companies are already rich beyond their wildest dreams. The last thing they want is prison time. They're giving up an avalanche of cash for a small, but safe and steady stream. No brainer from their perspective, why gamble when you've already won?

[/ QUOTE ]

A real man lets that [censored] ride, baby.

BlackAndRed
10-02-2006, 06:51 AM
Lee, thanks for all the fantastic customer service that you guys have always given, and continue to offer us.

Please fight this with us, and keep your American players.

If you succeed, you'll be far and away the industry leader - like it should have been all along.

*Hoping for thousands more Stars $20/180s in my future*

gehrig
10-02-2006, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT WOULD MIKE MCD DO

HesseJam
10-02-2006, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Right, why aren't companies like PStars and Party fighting to the death for a share of $6b? Why are these companies even in business if they cant stand up for their customers one time and deal with some pressure? Can we get a poker site that will take a risk in order to get some serious money? Wish I was in charge of a large site I would tell the USA to go straight to hell, because the people in charge of the USA are just a bunch of hypocrites.

Gambling "tears at the fabric of society" (unless its horse racing or the lottery-AKA TAX ON POOR PEOPLE!) what a crock of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, this all is a bit far-fetched. You are talking about companies that are not registered in the US having an impact on American politics. I don't think this is happening. Just imagine for a minute Party or Stars would be successful shooting down this part of the bill. Public outcry about foreign companies influencing American politicians would immidiately ensue...

There is not a lot upper management can actually do except waiving their personal freedom to enter the U.S. without being arrested.

Johnsears
10-02-2006, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever fights it I am with 100% in any way I can be.

Mrage
10-02-2006, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't have said it better myself.

xxThe_Lebowskixx
10-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Lee,

Keep it open baby

Ron Burgundy
10-02-2006, 07:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just imagine for a minute Party or Stars would be successful shooting down this part of the bill. Public outcry about foreign companies influencing American politicians would immidiately ensue...

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY? Public outcry? Far less than 1% of the US population knew this bill existed, let alone cared whether or not it got passed. If it hadn't passed, then the only difference woiuld that a few bible thumper special interest groups would get mad at Frist for not supporting good Christian values. Other than that, it would go completely unnoticed.

Even if this was a high profile issue, 80-90% of the customers of these foreign companies are American, so it's not like they have no credibility here.

mike28
10-02-2006, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

Keep it open baby

[/ QUOTE ]

Reef
10-02-2006, 07:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

Keep it open baby

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you'll have my and thousand others' new business

mike28
10-02-2006, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

Keep it open baby

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you'll have my and thousand others' new business

[/ QUOTE ]

think of stars having 200k+ on at peak hours

IT'LL BE SIKH LEE CMON

Gregg777
10-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Why is everyone so excited about Lee's comments? Your money is safe, but there is nothing about saying you will be able to play.

In fact, comments like "continued lines of communication" usually ain't a good thing...

I appreciate Lee taking the time to respond, but there's nothing in his comments that makes me any more comfortable regarding future play.

critikal
10-02-2006, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just imagine for a minute Party or Stars would be successful shooting down this part of the bill. Public outcry about foreign companies influencing American politicians would immidiately ensue...

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY? Public outcry? Far less than 1% of the US population knew this bill existed, let alone cared whether or not it got passed. If it hadn't passed, then the only difference woiuld that a few bible thumper special interest groups would get mad at Frist for not supporting good Christian values. Other than that, it would go completely unnoticed.

Even if this was a high profile issue, 80-90% of the customers of these foreign companies are American, so it's not like they have no credibility here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There might not be a "public outcry", but I'd think that there is a much larger percentage of "swing voters" (people who don't just vote straight dem or rep) on this site than for the population as a whole. I don't think I'll be voting for any incumbent republicans any time soon.

adios
10-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Thanks Lee. Really IMO it's going to take time to sort through all of this. There's no way in the world that PokerStars and Party are going to roll over easily. Not saying they won't roll over, just not easily. They will explore all possibilities in maintaining their current customer bases.

Lori
10-02-2006, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Lee. Really IMO it's going to take time to sort through all of this. There's no way in the world that PokerStars and Party are going to roll over easily. Not saying they won't roll over, just not easily. They will explore all possibilities in maintaining their current customer bases.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Party's official statement is basically a lie?

Lori

Gregg777
10-02-2006, 07:52 AM
nm

Ron Burgundy
10-02-2006, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... Party already rolled over.

HesseJam
10-02-2006, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the majority of the population doesn't know of its existence and maybe never will. It's not about the issue itself. But you underestimate the spin factor by the media. No Representative or Senator can be caught buckling to foreign enterprises.

jap613
10-02-2006, 07:58 AM
200K at peak time.. sweet

tubasteve
10-02-2006, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Why is everyone so excited about Lee's comments? Your money is safe, but there is nothing about saying you will be able to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like the most important part of the whole issue for me and plenty of other people probably, just because things are up in the air about cashouts, EFT, etc...I just wanna make sure my money doesn't disappear.

ginko
10-02-2006, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In fact, comments like "continued lines of communication" usually ain't a good thing...

I appreciate Lee taking the time to respond, but there's nothing in his comments that makes me any more comfortable regarding future play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because its a better response than what we thought we were gonna get.

Lori
10-02-2006, 08:02 AM
** Deleted, I wasn't helping things **

Lori

HSB
10-02-2006, 08:10 AM
Party's business model has always been one of getting rich quick then dumping. That's why they have never bothered to have decent customer service, they didn't care about a lasting customer base.

And remember, all we really need is for one or two rooms to stick it out. Yeah it would suck playing on pokerroom all the time but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

jrz1972
10-02-2006, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And remember, all we really need is for one or two rooms to stick it out. Yeah it would suck playing on pokerroom all the time but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something very important for people to keep in mind over the next couple of days.

Right now, things look extremely grim. Party is gone. Pacific is gone. Stars and Paradise have one foot out the door. I'm sure others will be added to that list in the next 24 hours.

Change is scary, but as long as a few rooms stay open to US customers, what we're witnessing is more like a reshuffling of the industry than anything else.

It'll be weird seeing Absolute and UB hitting 50,000 in peak time, but that might be what we're all taking for granted six months from now.

HSB
10-02-2006, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something very important for people to keep in mind over the next couple of days.

Right now, things look extremely grim. Party is gone. Pacific is gone. Stars and Paradise have one foot out the door. I'm sure others will be added to that list in the next 24 hours.

Change is scary, but as long as a few rooms stay open to US customers, what we're witnessing is more like a reshuffling of the industry than anything else.

It'll be weird seeing Absolute and UB hitting 50,000 in peak time, but that might be what we're all taking for granted six months from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be better to say that Stars is rumored to have one foot out the door.

John21
10-02-2006, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm bummed that it happened, but this is pretty much how I feel about it.

The bottom line is that Congress has the right, and some would say the resposiblity, of passing laws to protect and promote the public good. And judging from the posts on this forum about losing all the "fish" they did just that.

HSB
10-02-2006, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bottom line is that Congress has the right, and some would say the resposiblity, of passing laws to protect and promote the public good. And judging from the posts on this forum about losing all the "fish" they did just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nonsense, most of the fish are people playing with disposable income for entertainment purposes.

Dave G.
10-02-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm an Australian player, so this doesn't affect me as much as it does others, but the loss of the US player base still affects my profitability in a big way.

I've enjoyed the tournaments at Stars, but always played cash on Party. Why? Lots more players. Here now, though, is an opportunity for Stars to sweep the industry and claim all of those players. Party has always been the big boy - but now, Stars can be much bigger than Party ever was.

I'd be very willing to devote 100% of my playing time to Pokerstars if they were to stand against this and allow US players to play. It's only partly motiviated by profit: equally important is the ideal of opposing a hypocritical, fascist, heap of [censored] law forced down everyones throats by a cat killing tosspot.

ginko
10-02-2006, 08:29 AM
And most fish enjoy poker, its not like they were getting robbed. They enjoy playing because its a fun game.

Losing all
10-02-2006, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There might not be a "public outcry", but I'd think that there is a much larger percentage of "swing voters" (people who don't just vote straight dem or rep) on this site than for the population as a whole. I don't think I'll be voting for any incumbent republicans any time soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious. Most here would have never voted for a republican to begin with.

antneye
10-02-2006, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious. Most here would have never voted for a republican to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true, Poker lovers come from all walks of life. I am a Republican who is outraged at his party, but the other side didn't do anything to stop this either.

My distaste is spread equally amongst all of our elected officials.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a case of crushing the European market and then propping up a US market. Morality? Nonsense. Everything our government does is driven by the worship of the almighty dollar. Notice that they deferred a lot of the legality issues to the states. You will begin seeing states legalizing online gaming and then linking there games across state borders as they did with the lottery.

For now, I am riding this out and waiting for things to shake out. I am NOT withdrawing. I will stand with whoever wants to keep my business and keep on playing.

runout_mick
10-02-2006, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A [censored] MEN BROTHER

[/ QUOTE ]

Just shut up and do what you're told.

You guys must be terrorists to question Dr. Frisk.

HSB
10-02-2006, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's only partly motiviated by profit: equally important is the ideal of opposing a hypocritical, fascist, heap of [censored] law forced down everyones throats by a cat killing tosspot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen!

OmahaGal
10-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Let me second that. Stars is the only place where I have felt comfortable playing for real money. I like their style and sense of commitment without all the hype that surrounds other places.

Keep in mind that in the US (coastline), there are many gambling operations that cruise out to international waters in order to do just that, gamble. Perhaps a way to hold operations would be for similar ventures using internet - just like cash, wouldn't US players be able to do what they want with their money outside of US jurisdiction. The government does not own people's money and if I visit other countries I can spend my own money without their oversight.

Just thinking!

OmahaGal
10-02-2006, 10:27 AM
They have to consider the international arm of the law. Just because they reside in another country doesn't make them safe from the FBI. I really hope they find a way around it. I'm keeping my small bankroll in and don't care if I lose it as I think Stars is such an awesome site - they do such a good job at servicing what can be a tough crowd.

Costa Rica is looking better and better all the time.

oreopimp
10-02-2006, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi folks -
Obviously, there are many unanswered questions at this point - we'll let you know more as time progresses.

1. Your money is completely safe at PokerStars. It's kept in a segregated account at one of the largest banks in Europe.

2. You do, and will, have 24/7 access to your account funds. You will always be able to get to your money.

3. We have not made a decision one way or another as regards closing our American accounts.

The other thing that I can promise is that we'll keep the lines of communication open to forums such as these. Stay tuned.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Lee

Since POkerstars does NOT make or accept bets or wagers in which it has any stake in the outcome it would probably be a good idea for Pstars to stick around.. Your games and tournaments, and your withdrawls/deposits, are not covered by this Act.

We are not playing against the house, you do not have a stake in the outcome of the games or tournaments offered, in the US or elsewhere. You have no sportsbetting or casino games hence having no stake in the outcome and are not in the business of betting/wagering as implied by the bill.

At least from my read, and apparently the read of other sites, I think it would be a bit rash to ditch the US sector.

pokerstudAA
10-02-2006, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Marc H
10-02-2006, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite certain that's not true.

X-Man
10-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Cashed out $1000 yesterday night...normal transaction,standard e-mails telling me my visa will be credited.I'll let you know when I get the cash...3-10 days.

OmahaGal
10-02-2006, 11:00 AM
The Christian right in this country are no less troublesome than the Taliban. Very oppressive and self righteous. If a person has some self control issues, they need to work them out themselves and not rely upon a government to control every behavior. I, myself, conduct myself appropriately and honestly with everyone I deal with no matter what, even at my own expense - I don't care, integrity of character is everything. I appreciate consequences and expect to take them and the added [censored] from people who give a darn about me to push me back in line. The religious right feel the need to restrict behavior on a superior moral ground that has no business being legislated. This is exactly how people's freedoms and sense of being are being eroded every day.

My particular community (very small town) is police heavy and they tend to pick on people (especially kids) as they are just always around. Don't get me wrong - they do a phenominal job, but they overreach their authority many times. This tells me that we have way too many policemen employed. So, I voted against hiring more. In another small town (nearby) police actually went into a home, broke up a small poker game (these were elderly gentlemen) where it was truly nickle and dime stuff. These are the things that interfere with our freedoms - police who have too much time on their hands will overstep boundaries and upset what people have been doing for years and years. It's not right.

Americans need to wake up and take back the country and get rid of special interest groups. There is nothing democratic about them. It's not just about poker, it's a whole host of rotten activities that cost taxpayers too much. Anyone who makes their living [from welfare recipients to the President] at taxpayer expense needs to be closely scrutinized.

Politicians who profit in any way from their power should be treated as those who commit treason and be sentenced for crimes committed against the American people. People who use politicians for gain should also be put in jail.

Make no mistake about it, these are crimes against the American people. They are stealing and using workers' money to empower themselves. Look at your own towns/cities and scrutinize your elected officials - get involved and start squawking. Expect more from your elected officials and let them know it - we do it in my town because we are small. It begins with you!

OmahaGal
10-02-2006, 11:02 AM
That's exactly what I told my congressmen. Disposable income and entertainment. If someone wants to play a tournament instead of driving into town for dinner, that's my choice. (Well, at least it was)

OmahaGal
10-02-2006, 11:08 AM
I read somewhere that this legislation does not circumvent individual states' authorities over what is allowed in their states. Could this be some loophole where certain states may gain access without being illegal? Would Stars be able to offer feedback for states that allow this?

rando
10-02-2006, 11:46 AM
http://www.apcw.org/online-gambling-legislation-united-states

Here's a good quote from the above link:

"Direct restrictions on Internet wagering by United States citizens are unlikely at the federal level, for a variety of reasons. First, the Feds typically seek to avoid these penny ante crimes of little economic or real world impact. Federal courts, prosecutors, and penitentiaries are reserved for criminals of a different stature. Moreover, as a matter of federal jurisdiction, a federal crime must involve some aspect of interstate activity or commerce. While all online transactions arguably involve interstate commerce, to one degree or another, it is unlikely that the United States Congress will seek to regulate the placement of bets by individuals using their personal computers at home, with little effect on interstate commercial activity. Such restrictions could be seen as intrusions into basic civil liberties, contributing to allegations that Big Brother is watching, and over-regulating our private lives. Accordingly, the likelihood of federal restrictions on player activity is remote."

Sounds like the U.S. will ultimately consider recreational internet poker players in the same light as the once a week joint smoker, or small moonshine distiller.

breaktwister
10-02-2006, 12:09 PM
rando - that article you link to was written in March06.

The new bill goes further than what the writer of that article thought was possible.... US government is intruding into personal liberties by making it illegal for your financial institutions to make certain foreign deposits/purchases.

The White Rabbit
10-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Any updates on Stars' statement?

HSB
10-02-2006, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any updates on Stars' statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think it wouldn't be posted here in a nanosecond?

smak
10-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Saying this is good for the fish because it doesn't allow them to lose money because they're bad players, is like banning bad movies because fish moviegoers are paying to see them.

I'm glad to see Republican leaders can take time to pass laws to ban internet gaming, but not protect 16 year olds from sexual predators.

Nice party ya got there.

iron81
10-02-2006, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I just got another message from stars. I'm at work so I can't be sure, but they said that the cashout problem was a glitch with neteller and they refunded the money to my account. So basically, Stars is fine.

[ QUOTE ]

Cashout amount: $1114.60

$1114.60 was credited back to your PokerStars account balance.
The attempt to process this amount was unsuccessful as NETeller
was experiencing connectivity problems at the time you made your
cashout request.

NETeller is now available again. Please make another cashout request
at your convenience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grasshopp3r
10-02-2006, 05:02 PM
They are experiencing connectivity problems because everyone is cashing out.

LearnedfromTV
10-02-2006, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they were experiencing connectivity problems because Neteller was down last night changing their terms and conditions.

There is no reason to cash out of Stars, you are probably right that people are cashing out, but there is no need to. Read the thread, read Lee Jones' post at least. Why are people so irrational?

Utah
10-02-2006, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they were experiencing connectivity problems because Neteller was down last night changing their terms and conditions.

There is no reason to cash out of Stars, you are probably right that people are cashing out, but there is no need to. Read the thread, read Lee Jones' post at least. Why are people so irrational?

[/ QUOTE ]Because you have crying little bitches like Nollan Dalla.

Sand
10-02-2006, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi folks -

Best regards,
Lee Jones

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Lee

Since POkerstars does NOT make or accept bets or wagers in which it has any stake in the outcome it would probably be a good idea for Pstars to stick around.. Your games and tournaments, and your withdrawls/deposits, are not covered by this Act.

We are not playing against the house, you do not have a stake in the outcome of the games or tournaments offered, in the US or elsewhere. You have no sportsbetting or casino games hence having no stake in the outcome and are not in the business of betting/wagering as implied by the bill.

At least from my read, and apparently the read of other sites, I think it would be a bit rash to ditch the US sector.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I have read the Billy Baxter rulings also have a huge impact on this whole situation. Poker has been declared a game of skill by an Appeals court. This may very well allow poker to bypass this law completely.

If I were Stars I would have a court challenge in hand to file 8am after Bush signs this thing. There is legal precedent for Stars and others to follow.

iron81
10-02-2006, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are people so irrational?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I tried after that gambling911.com article was posted but before Lee posted. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Yeah, it looks like Stars is safe for now.

XxGeneralxX
10-02-2006, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its called the "safe play" It isnt that irrational

Rianna
10-02-2006, 05:20 PM
On Saturday I too tried to cash out a rather 'large' number at Stars and got the same "$0.00" message...checked my account and found the money wasn't there either.

I've emailed them 5 times now, it's Monday afternoon, still have no idea where my money is.

I will be the first one to post here and tell everyone everything is allright as soon as I...

1. Have my money put back into my account or

2. See that my cashout was transferred to Firepay as requested.

I have had NO problem cashing out from Party, Ub, Paradise, Celeb, Doyle's or FT.

I AM angry at Stars for the runneround...for a major company this IMHO is bush league. Should they take care of 'the problem', I will forget about it. Should they not, I will post the truth on everyboard I can find.

Losing all
10-02-2006, 05:29 PM
That's gotta be some kind of fluke. Many here would agree that stars is the least likely of all gambling sites to steal from you.

Triple Optics
10-02-2006, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow. Some people...

Lee Jones
10-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi Rianna -
Send me an email:

pokermanager@pokerstars.com

I'll find out what's going with your cashout. I promise you that has nothing to do with the events of the last 96 hours. No matter what else happens, we have a poker site to run and that's what we're doing. Including cashouts.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

iron81
10-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Rianna,

I had the same problem, but Stars e-mailed me this afternoon and said they credited the money back to the account and that the problem was with neteller. I think when I get back home that everything will be ok. Don't worry about this.

dedmoney
10-02-2006, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

On Saturday I too tried to cash out a rather 'large' number at Stars and got the same "$0.00" message...checked my account and found the money wasn't there either.

I've emailed them 5 times now, it's Monday afternoon, still have no idea where my money is.

I will be the first one to post here and tell everyone everything is allright as soon as I...

1. Have my money put back into my account or

2. See that my cashout was transferred to Firepay as requested.

I have had NO problem cashing out from Party, Ub, Paradise, Celeb, Doyle's or FT.

I AM angry at Stars for the runneround...for a major company this IMHO is bush league. Should they take care of 'the problem', I will forget about it. Should they not, I will post the truth on everyboard I can find.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you're really fun at parties.

BeatPurdue
10-02-2006, 06:01 PM
You're a good man, Lee.

I will be with Stars forever if you guys stick with the US.

TimM
10-02-2006, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cashed out about half because my account was overfunded for what I intend to play for the next few weeks. Were it not for these recent events, I probably would have just left the money in there, possibly moving up in limits sooner. But now I have to worry about my income potential over the next few months, so it seemed best to take some cash out of the bankroll and put it towards my reserve living expenses.

sublime
10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Lee-

Please stand up to these punks in DC. Stars runs a great company with likely more integrity than most of the corporations that line the pockets of these senators. Please do your best to set an example that some of the smaller sites can follow.

bkellog1
10-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Lee, about how long will you wait to make an official announcement on whether you will be droping the U.S players?? Ive been real nervous about this and would appreciate some definitive answer.

acesfall
10-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Lee, sticking up for poker in the US now would be the best business decision you ever made if you prevail. If you dont, then you can pull out later. STAY STRONG LEE AND POKERSTARS WILL GET ALL MY MONIES IN RAKE!!!!

TimM
10-02-2006, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exitonly
10-02-2006, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Cuneo
10-02-2006, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi folks -

Best regards,
Lee Jones

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I have read the Billy Baxter rulings also have a huge impact on this whole situation. Poker has been declared a game of skill by an Appeals court. This may very well allow poker to bypass this law completely.

If I were Stars I would have a court challenge in hand to file 8am after Bush signs this thing. There is legal precedent for Stars and others to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

StrayBullet
10-02-2006, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you can do something about the runner-runner 4-card board flushes that out-ran my aces the last 4 times to bat, I'd be a happier person for sure!

SuperUberBob
10-02-2006, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack Bando
10-02-2006, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. The best site around needs to help it's US customers during these scary times. Stay classy.

Fedfan691
10-02-2006, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluffoon
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
They have already segregated the play money site from the real money site. That says a lot about their intentions.

TimM
10-02-2006, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They have already segregated the play money site from the real money site. That says a lot about their intentions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw lots of people sitting at play money tables, so I decided to see if they were going.

I got a laugh out of this (my emphasis):

[ QUOTE ]
Administrator: No new play money games will be dealt for today for technical reasons.Please visit www.testpokerstars.com (http://www.testpokerstars.com), where play money games will continue to be offered during this time. Chips won on TestPokerStars.com may be transferred back to PokerStars.COM at double their value.

[/ QUOTE ]

derosnec
10-02-2006, 07:28 PM
only 32k players on stars right now. usually it's at least double that at this hour.

LearnedfromTV
10-02-2006, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
only 32k players on stars right now. usually it's at least double that at this hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play money games are off. That's why.

Uglyowl
10-02-2006, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is far more accurate

http://www.pokersitescout.com/

TimTimSalabim
10-02-2006, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. I think we'll be getting the official bad news soon.

jimmytrick
10-02-2006, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Something is up with this. Someone care to speculate?

Mark L
10-02-2006, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing all
10-02-2006, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if something is up we all know what something is by now.

c2d2
10-02-2006, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

batts
10-02-2006, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BillytheKidd
10-02-2006, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JSH06
10-02-2006, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BadLieutenant
10-02-2006, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Malsuerte
10-02-2006, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LesJ
10-02-2006, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JuntMonkey
10-02-2006, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince.
10-02-2006, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TDouble
10-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Lee, thanks for the shout. Keep us posted

antneye
10-02-2006, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if something is up we all know what something is by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

check ou tnews on stars....can't cut and paste...talks about play games....weird

Jack Bando
10-02-2006, 08:13 PM
It says play money down until tommorow morning.

cecil
10-02-2006, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

soah
10-02-2006, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

antneye
10-02-2006, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It says play money down until tommorow morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it directs you to some seperate test site for free play. I guess anything odd seems ominous these days.

PA32R
10-02-2006, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to get into a discussion of the branch of philosophy known as politics but this is incorrect. The Congress has the responsiblity to protect and defend the Constitution INCLUDING THE BILL OF RIGHTS. Those powers not enumerated in the Constitution reside WITH THE PEOPLE. All branches of "our" government seem to have forgotten this, or, more likely, find it convenient to ignore it.

It's not for you, me, or Congress to protect fish. They have a right to spend time and money on the entertainment of playing poker even if they choose not to invest the time and effort to be good at it.

jimmytrick
Maybe they are planning to change the software. Maybe instead of chips they will sell us little horsies to race.

cab4656
Thank you, Lee Jones, for all you have done. I trust Pokerstars above any other site to act in the interest of its players.

Ron Burgundy
10-02-2006, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we qoute it enough, they will listen!

Dave G.
10-02-2006, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Performify
10-02-2006, 08:29 PM
If you quote enough, the thread asplode...

DougieG
10-02-2006, 08:30 PM
I just hope I get a black horsie...things are not looking good...:(

Sephus
10-02-2006, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leader
10-02-2006, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

quarkncover
10-02-2006, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kevkev60614
10-02-2006, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh... me too, Lee.

John21
10-02-2006, 09:02 PM
I was hoping you guys would keep re re re ... quoting, creating a mini black hole that would suck us into an alternate universe where online poker was legal.

wpr101
10-02-2006, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TimM
10-02-2006, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping you guys would keep re re re ... quoting, creating a mini black hole that would suck us into an alternate universe where online poker was legal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize I was going to start a chain reaction, but if this is our best hope, please continue. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

malo
10-02-2006, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Might as well--

justfoldyo
10-02-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't believe in God, I believe in Lee Jones.

Don't go to church this weekend-- just open up your PokerStars lobby and stare with hope.

Colt 45
10-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey guys... maybe if we keep up with the quotes, we'll break through to an alternate universe where we can all play poker to our hearts content

Shakes
10-02-2006, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]
Might as well--

[/ QUOTE ]

We get it. Now quit it. -P

Your Mom
10-02-2006, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]
Might as well--

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell, might as well.

daedalus
10-02-2006, 10:06 PM
All I know is "No news is good news" when it comes to PokerStars announcement. They were set to pull the trigger this AM but the favorable legal interpretations from the banking industry and the 80,000 Party customers they could pick up have made them think that Party's position was truly motivated by a buy-out position.

All the other rooms with decent lawyers (vs. buy-out specialists) are making positive statements about sticking around.

I think this paper checks exemption is HUGE, how could congress miss that easy loophole.

LEE you are in BUSINESS baby, get ready to cash my check!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JuntMonkey
10-02-2006, 10:08 PM
ZOMG if Stars stays I'm going to die.

nation
10-02-2006, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

whangarei
10-02-2006, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fusting4321
10-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Ive gotta say that Party pulling out must make stars want to stay EVEN more, instead of following suit.

Where are the millions of Party players gonna go? Stars

ncboiler
10-02-2006, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive gotta say that Party pulling out must make stars want to stay EVEN more, instead of following suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Millions?

MicroBob
10-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Brendan - Please delete your fukking post that is making it impossible to read the forums.

Everyone - In order to thank Lee you don't have to do the super-hyper-multiple quote thing.
This is a relatively serious topic that many of us are actually interested in READING. So please stop playing little internet-forum-games that make it practically impossible to do so.

Brendan again - Seriously, please edit/delete this post ASAP.

fusting4321
10-02-2006, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Millions?

[/ QUOTE ]

They estimate 20Mil americans play online.

Party is one of the biggest, so were looking at hundreds of thousands, are we not?

MicroBob
10-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Okay - so brendan's quote was deleted.

That's good news.
I respectuflly request that we kind of end it so that we can more easily continue to discuss the situation as well as get announcements from Lee.

I completely agree with the sentiment of course. Lee and Stars rock and I think they know that many of us feel that way.

daedalus
10-02-2006, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Millions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's close, certainly over 1 Million. I'd guess 3 if I had to put $$ on it.

These CEO's are littorally making decisions today that will effect 100's of millions of dollars. They are earning their stripes today.

It defies logic to me as to why any capatalist would give up this kind of money when the regs are not targetting the sites AT ALL and the financial service companies already have work arounds in place as simple as WRITING A CHECK!!!

HumanACtor
10-02-2006, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

bkellog1
10-02-2006, 10:56 PM
quit trying to be cute and stop the [censored] quotes

cowboy.up
10-02-2006, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BadLieutenant
10-02-2006, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a good man, Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SuperJez
10-02-2006, 11:24 PM
How about rakeback lee?

10-02-2006, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about rakeback lee?

[/ QUOTE ]
how about fpp's, jez?

gold vip: 16%
platinum: 25%
supernova: 29%

SuperJez
10-02-2006, 11:28 PM
yeah they are pretty cool I agree

(it was just a joke, albeit a bad one) - I love stars like all you guys and thin kthey do a great job

Jez

Megenoita
10-02-2006, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HSB
10-02-2006, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Drop the W

XxGeneralxX
10-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

maurile
10-02-2006, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
quit trying to be cute and stop the [censored] quotes

[/ QUOTE ]

genesisgkh33
10-03-2006, 03:31 AM
Why would Poker Stars pull out? They must realize if Party poker stops accepting US players, many of those players will go to Poker Stars.

arcticfox
10-03-2006, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would Poker Stars pull out? They must realize if Party poker stops accepting US players, many of those players will go to Poker Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason Stars may pull out is that they will never be able to sell the business with the regulatory cloud hanging over them, and certainly could never IPO it. So if they decide to continue taking US money then they are basically saying they wil own the business forever and collect dividends, but also will mean senior Stars execs could never visit the US. Imagine Lee Jones will be getting legal adivce about his potential criminal liability given I assume he is a US resident.

Party listing may well mean it loses its position as the number one poker site as its effectively been forced to drop US players through its listing, Stars could dominate now if they take the risk but it comes down to whether the owners want to cash-out Dikshit style in the near future.

StellarWind
10-03-2006, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason Stars may pull out is that they will never be able to sell the business with the regulatory cloud hanging over them, and certainly could never IPO it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite true. Of course I'm not sure how much anyone would pay for Stars after they pulled out anyway. As for an IPO, let's just say after the current debacle on the London Stock Exchange there's no way another firm could be taken public.

jige
10-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Is this [censored] true? Read it in the internet gambling forum:

New news... Party / 888 / stars are OUT as soon as the BILL is signed, this is a fact 100%.

if you dont believe me dial into this number - +44-1296-618-700 (pin 200001)

You should all open accounts at places that are committed to moving forward.

Vern
10-03-2006, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

New news... Party / 888 / stars are OUT as soon as the BILL is signed, this is a fact 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do some more reading and quote it better with a link.

Stars has issued one announcement: We haven't decided yet.

MyTurn2Raise
10-03-2006, 02:17 PM
If Pokerstars does take the step of closing off US accounts, can you give the players at least 48 hours to withdraw from the cashier as normal

SOme of the other sites have just been closing and telling players a check will arrive in ~4 weeks. As a customer, I think that sucks.

Thanks

tyler9768
10-03-2006, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you didn't call that number, and I wouldn't either. It'll probaly charge you or something. why would there be one number for several sites owned by different companies?

apefish
10-03-2006, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you didn't call that number, and I wouldn't either. It'll probaly charge you or something. why would there be one number for several sites owned by different companies?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's a charge line can I use my FPPs or sat to the info?

TimTimSalabim
10-03-2006, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If Pokerstars does take the step of closing off US accounts, can you give the players at least 48 hours to withdraw from the cashier as normal

SOme of the other sites have just been closing and telling players a check will arrive in ~4 weeks. As a customer, I think that sucks.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're really worried about this, just get your money out now. You can always put it back in, although I have the feeling you won't need to worry about that with Stars. It looks like they're waiting til Bush signs the bill to make their stance official. That doesn't bode well.

Yuv
10-03-2006, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're really worried about this, just get your money out now. You can always put it back in , although I have the feeling you won't need to worry about that with Stars. It looks like they're waiting til Bush signs the bill to make their stance official. That doesn't bode well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I think you're missing the point of all the "THE SKY IS FALLING" debate.

TimTimSalabim
10-03-2006, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're really worried about this, just get your money out now. You can always put it back in , although I have the feeling you won't need to worry about that with Stars. It looks like they're waiting til Bush signs the bill to make their stance official. That doesn't bode well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I think you're missing the point of all the "THE SKY IS FALLING" debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is, if PokerStars decides tomorrow to keep accepting U.S. wagers, you can just put it back in. If they decide to shut out the U.S. customers, which seems likely, it won't make a difference that you withdrew it now instead of tomorrow, except that you won't have to wait for a check.

SwordFish
10-03-2006, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It looks like they're waiting til Bush signs the bill to make their stance official. That doesn't bode well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the same feeling Tim. They have had enough time to decide which way they are going to go. If they are staying, there is no reason not to announce it and begin reaping the benefits. If they intend to get out, it is in their best interest to wait as long as possible to make the announcement.

I still hold out a slim hope that I am wrong, and I have a large chunk of my bankroll sitting in Neteller waiting to deposit if they make a favorable decision.

SF

Joe Tall
10-03-2006, 08:36 PM
I have heard from an inside source they are just waiting for GW to sign the bill and they are out. Their poker room manager moved to London a few months ago for a reason, I'd say.

bkellog1
10-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Does anyone know when the President is supposed to sign this bill?

davebreal
10-03-2006, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you people really think that the pokerroom manager (in this case, Lee) makes the executive decisions??? This is friggin ridiculous.

[ QUOTE ]
He is responsible for game and tournament planning and review, and customer interaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously he has a lot of responsibilities, but legal issues are not one of them.

bobbyi
10-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I haven't seen a poll yet. We need a poll.

TimTimSalabim
10-03-2006, 09:02 PM
An interesting question is what's going to happen with FPPs (apologies if this has already been discussed). Will they become worthless for U.S. players the moment Stars makes their announcment or will they still honor them for use at the store? I bet they're not obligated to do the latter.

chezlaw
10-03-2006, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An interesting question is what's going to happen with FPPs (apologies if this has already been discussed). Will they become worthless for U.S. players the moment Stars makes their announcment or will they still honor them for use at the store? I bet they're not obligated to do the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]
They'll honour them unless its trully impossible. Anything else would be a disaster for them (plus its Stars and they be nice people)

chez

Vern
10-03-2006, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There are a couple of sites, UB comes to mind, where you can earn player points for time at play money tables. Then use those player points as chips to play ring games for player points. Ultimately those player points can be used to enter tournaments with cash prize awards. I wonder if that might be a way to get in and continue to play "a little"

TimTimSalabim
10-03-2006, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They'll honour them unless its trully impossible. Anything else would be a disaster for them (plus its Stars and they be nice people)

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right. Still, if anybody has enough points to get a Porsche, I would advise doing it tonight /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Assani Fisher
10-03-2006, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TimTimSalabim
10-03-2006, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep seeing Wednesday everywhere, but that could be just someone's guess that got repeated as fact by everybody. I don't think anyone knows for sure (if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will provide a link).

Lori
10-03-2006, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You will be able to change your address and have stuff sent to the addresses at the bottom left of this page (http://frist.senate.gov/)

Lori

fusting4321
10-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Im still not decided on weither or not to pull my money.

I am worried about the sky falling and them not being able to pay everyone cashing out.

Jack Bando
10-03-2006, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im still not decided on weither or not to pull my money.

I am worried about the sky falling and them not being able to pay everyone cashing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars's player accounts are not mixed with Stars's business money, it's safe

ZBTHorton
10-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey boys,

I'm was pointed towards this thread by someone who IM'd me saying "Stars is gone on Saturday".

I'm going to state this as vague as I possibly can, for good reason. But here it goes.

I, personally, have several contacts within Stars and FTP that I have been speaking to on a daily basis about the issues at hand. They have been able to provide me with a lot of information and kept me very up to date on both of the sites that we are the most worried about. The best example of this, is that I knew Party and Pacific were pulling out Saturday night a full day + before anyone else did. This can be verified by a few other people that I talked to about the situation as it happened.

With that said, I have heard absolutely nothing. Zero. From any of my sources at either site regarding Stars shutting down US players today, tomorrow, Saturday, next Thursday or any other time. I know they are still speaking with their lawyers, and that they have not made their final decision, but I believe at this point that we are *probably* going to be in the clear at least until the regulations get all written out.

That is NOT a statement from Stars. Or Lee. Or any management guy. Or support. It's just my gut instinct from the conversations I have had. I am not an employee of Stars, and have absolutely no reason to lead anyone one way or another, just trying to help as much as I can.

- ZBT

EscapePlan9
10-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks for sharing ZBT, it gives a little hope.

Tornado69
Has Raymer made any comments about this yet ? Or the whole ban itself ?

pennpal
Thank you.

whangarei
10-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Best news I've heard since Black Friday. Thanks for the info.

5thStreetHog
10-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks ZB keep up informing us on the feeling and or information you have about PS.You seem to be more in tune than me,but it still worries my that PS hasnt come out with a firmer stance about being in this for the long haul.But ive been known to be paranoid at times /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gunslinger1988
10-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks ZB

scorer
10-03-2006, 10:34 PM
The rooms that are staying have come out and said so, stars is dancing around the topic. This doesnt look good and i think the gambling911 site is right on.

TimM
10-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Half the people in this thread have some kind of inside source, and these sources are now in conflict.

Whatever. I can't stop what's going to happen by worrying about it. I think it's safe to keep playing with a reduced amount on site, and that's what I'm doing. If Stars decides to shut out US players, I'll worry about that if and when it happens.

TimM
10-03-2006, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The rooms that are staying have come out and said so, stars is dancing around the topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

One can make the exact same statement in reverse:

"The rooms that are leaving the U.S. have come out and said so, stars is dancing around the topic."