PDA

View Full Version : US Voters and Residents -- Online Petition

schroedy
10-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Sign this online petition now.

To: All Members of the Congress and Senate

We would like to register our strong disagreement with and disapproval of the recently enacted bill regarding the prohibition and/or regulation of internet gambling. The bill was originally introduced in the House of Representatives by Representative Goodlatte and was attached to "must pass" legislation in the Senate by Senator Frist.

We strongly believe that the government should not attempt to prohibit online gambling by adults. We favor legalization, regulation and taxation of online gambling by the government of the United States.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

http://www.petitiononline.com/LOGNOW/petition.html

Anders
10-02-2006, 01:46 AM
weak as hell

online petitions do nothing at all ever

and they particularly do nothing to congress

Vern
10-02-2006, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sign this online petition now.

To: All Members of the Congress and Senate

We would like to register our strong disagreement with and disapproval of the recently enacted bill regarding the prohibition and/or regulation of internet gambling. The bill was originally introduced in the House of Representatives by Representative Goodlatte and was attached to "must pass" legislation in the Senate by Senator Frist.

We strongly believe that the government should not attempt to prohibit online gambling by adults. We favor legalization, regulation and taxation of online gambling by the government of the United States.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

http://www.petitiononline.com/LOGNOW/petition.html

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be more beneficial if everyone that was upset with this wrote a hand written snail mail letter to their rep and sen. Each one of those would have more impact on them than any online petition.

Jooka
10-02-2006, 01:51 AM
does this site actually do anything besides collect peoples information?

IceColdAces
10-02-2006, 01:53 AM
This petition makes for a good database for poker player's emails for poker affilitates. Other than that, it's totally useless.

Vern
10-02-2006, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This petition makes for a good database for poker player's emails for poker affilitates. Other than that, it's totally useless.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's ok, I used your e-mail when I signed it.

schroedy
10-02-2006, 01:57 AM
Don't sign it then. I was hoping and trying to help. Be negative. You should google "the secret."

Jooka
10-02-2006, 02:00 AM
dont think of us as negative but informative. the site being useless doesnt mean we want poker to be illegal in the US.

Vern
10-02-2006, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't sign it then. I was hoping and trying to help. Be negative. You should google "the secret."

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't being negative, I was trying to emphasize that a hand written letter to a politician has more weight with them than any online petition I have ever seen.

Badger
10-02-2006, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
does this site actually do anything besides collect peoples information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Generates ad revenue?

schroedy
10-02-2006, 02:06 AM
I have written to both of my Senators and my Congressman. I wrote a letter to Goodlatte on my (law) firm's stationary and faxed it to him (no response). I called both of my Senators on Friday afternoon.

The site may or may not be useless. Certainly no less useless than trolling on 2/2.

Vern
10-02-2006, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have written to both of my Senators and my Congressman. I wrote a letter to Goodlatte on my (law) firm's stationary and faxed it to him (no response). I called both of my Senators on Friday afternoon.

The site may or may not be useless. Certainly no less useless than trolling on 2/2.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then stop trolling.

Python49
10-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Yes, just what I was looking forward to! A documented way for the government to pin point and associate me with online poker when this new law goes live. Awesome, just got done signing.

Jooka
10-02-2006, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ill say it again, were not trying to say people dont want the law to be changed but this site in what I can gather from it does nothing but collect data. Dont be suprised if the email/adress you gave starts to recieve spam mail.

schroedy
10-02-2006, 02:35 AM
Trust me I thought long and hard about that before I signed on as the author of the petition.

But I think that it is important to make my voice heard.

schroedy
10-02-2006, 03:22 AM
So far 35 signatures, including 3 bogus ones.

Letters out to all the main sites urging them to at least advise US members of the existence of the petition.

schroedy
10-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Hello xxx,

Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately, we are unable to comment on the outcome of any Congressional discussions or legislation which may arise from those discussions at this time. We can confirm that it is still a case of business as usual here on Paradise Poker.

Regards,

schroedy
10-02-2006, 10:49 AM
If you are wondering what you can do, please sign. It takes only a minute. We are NOT email mining. Pols WILL pay attention if they see numbers.

Ask your friends to sign too!

bkholdem
10-02-2006, 01:49 PM
google my ballbag

schroedy
10-02-2006, 01:50 PM
170 and counting. It may not help, but it sure can't hurt. The more signatures we get, the more likely we get media coverage, the more likely we get even more signatures.

Canard
10-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Letter bombs > online petitions.

[censored]
10-02-2006, 02:03 PM
meh I remember when someone did one of these things in protest of me becoming mod of OOT. didnt work then, wont work now

NickyD
10-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Cant hurt but should have done this monthes ago.

schroedy
10-02-2006, 05:31 PM
One last blatant and annoying bump and then it dies.

Spread the word.

Jeff_B
10-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Blah we look retarted on this bill cursing at senators and saying that we don't explain their logic. Read about it. Attack the logic but don't say you dont understand how it works.. show its flaws.

Use your brain.. saying "I dont f'ing see how online poker affects our ports" read about it and see why they claim it does and refute that.

FYI from what I have read it has something to do with money laundering and dump chips to terrorist out of the country.

The most amusing thing was the guy who signed it asking them to pass the bill since he is losing his tutition. If it was "real" then his signature would support it. He should start his own petetion for it alone with the ten other people...