PDA

View Full Version : My letter to Neteller

yoursmine
10-02-2006, 12:24 AM
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 11:58 PM
To: NETELLER Admin Support
Subject: US Legislation

Hi
I am sure you are aware of the legislation recently passed by the US Senate
in reference to EFTs between gambling sites and US banks. It appears your
site is covered under this legislation that would make it a crime for you to
allow monies to go from US customers toa gambling website.
I am curious whether I need to pull my funds from your website as I dont
want them to get locked up. I know the bill just passed but I am obviously
concerned.
Please respond as soon as your legal team comes up with the answers as I am
sure you are getting many such emails from your US customers.
Thank you

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for your inquiry. I would like to remind you first, that NETELLER
is an online money transfer service, not a gaming site; However, I do have
the following information to offer you.

In the event that the new proposed U.S. internet gambling bill is passed we
want to assure you that we do not anticipate any impact on your ability to
transact through your NETELLER account.

Please feel free to contact the customer service department at any time as
it is always best to keep yourself informed as to updates and changes to any
particular payment services we offer.

I understand that you may have further questions in regards to this matter.
For more detailed advice in regards to this bill you may contact our
compliance department at compliance@neteller.com and they will be more then
happy to assist you .

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in regards to this matter.

Regards,

Contact Centre Agent (1151)
NETELLER

Toll Free: 888.258.5859
Fax: 403.678.2128
support@neteller.com

www.neteller.com (http://www.neteller.com)

SmackinYaUp
10-02-2006, 12:26 AM
Well that sure was informative and just made me feel all warm inside knowing I have my bankroll at neteller.

breaktwister
10-02-2006, 12:30 AM
It sounds like Neteller are with us on this one. They are untouchable by the US gov. Unless US gov bans US financial institutions from dealing with Neteller and other like companies; which IMO would be impossible and create a major scandal which WTO would have to come down on hard.

It would be like creating a barrier to stop US dollars from leaving US and entering the international community.

Jooka
10-02-2006, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It would be like creating a barrier to stop US dollars from leaving US and entering the international community.

[/ QUOTE ]

but isnt that what this is all about in the first place?

yoursmine
10-02-2006, 12:35 AM

It would be like creating a barrier to stop US dollars from leaving US and entering the international community.

[/ QUOTE ]

but isnt that what this is all about in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but then they have to stop ALL dollars going out which would be absurd and completely ridculous...not to mention it would wreck our entire economy. The point is they are only after the gaming industry but singling it out is going to be really tough given the EFT services have other non gaming transactions as well
I hope!

SwordFish
10-02-2006, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

It would be like creating a barrier to stop US dollars from leaving US and entering the international community.

but isnt that what this is all about in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is what it was about, they would have legalized and taxed, rather than attempting to ban.

This is about a guy who wants to run for President trying to appease the morality police.

SF

Python49
10-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Score one for the optimists. Lawman, go suck Frist' dick.

peritonlogon
10-02-2006, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If this is what it was about, they would have legalized and taxed, rather than attempting to ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, not my government.

RutgersKev
10-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Can't your local bank refuse to accept a deposit into a checking account from Neteller?

RutgersKev
10-02-2006, 03:55 PM
bump, I wanna know the answer to this question

jrz1972
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't your local bank refuse to accept a deposit into a checking account from Neteller?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they? Neteller is just a money transfer service. It's not a gambling site like PartyPoker.

Copernicus
10-02-2006, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't your local bank refuse to accept a deposit into a checking account from Neteller?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cashouts are not affected, unless (and this is even questionable) you are a professional gambler. There is no reason for a bank not to accept their check...how would they know youre a PG?

tubasteve
10-02-2006, 04:02 PM
AFAIK, neteller = paypal as far as banks are concerned.

Sam T.
10-02-2006, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't your local bank refuse to accept a deposit into a checking account from Neteller?

[/ QUOTE ]

They CAN, but because Neteller does buisness with thousands of on-line vendors that are not affiliated with gaming sites, it would be problematic at best.

It might not be a perfect analogy, but refusing to deal with Neteller would be akin to your bank saying, "We're cancelling your check-writing priveleges because you might use a check to pay for drugs, and that's illegal."

deucegame
10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
ok, so we all move away from party and continue to use neteller...hopefully the fish do the same and we're not as bad off as we thought early this morning...

right? RIGHT?

brendanb438
10-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Neteller doesn't do business with 1000s of non gambling sites. At 1 time someone was able to post 1 site that was non gambling that accepted Neteller. Neteller Support even will tell you that almost all their business from gambling sites.

-Brendan

yoursmine
10-02-2006, 04:18 PM
I sent a letter to BOA but have not received a reponse yet. Ill post it once I do