PDA

View Full Version : *** OFFICIAL - help us put together FAQ we can stick ***

Performify
10-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Everyone,

First off, you may have noticed I'm helping mod in here. I've been asked to help out with the obvious influx of traffic.

If we can put together a best-of FAQ type of information I'd be happy to stick it, so that we can avoid getting the same topics beat over and over again. Then we can start locking threads that are covered in that FAQ.

I'm going to try to pull together some of the best-of stuff, but thought I'd try to just post and ask for help.

if you've got a Frequently Asked Question, WITH answer, please post it here.

Please feel free to cut and paste from previous authoritiative threads or even just post links to good posts. I'll try to grab everything and put it together tonight in to something resembling a FAQ that we can sticky...

jrz1972
10-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Netller is doing business as usual for now. How will the bill affect Neteller in the long run? Nobody really knows.

Is Pacific going to steal my money if I don't cash out right now? No.

jrz1972
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
I live in Iowa. What number should I call to volunteer for Bill Frist's 2008 presidential campaign?

iron81
10-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Top of the list should be BluffTHIS's link thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7487491&page=1&fpart=1&v c=1&nt=2)

Parlay Slow
10-01-2006, 09:42 PM
can we ban Lawman007.. dude is obvious troll

LesJ
10-01-2006, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dibbs
10-01-2006, 09:49 PM
We could keep adding to this thread maybe by BluffThis:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=7487491&page=0

Lawman007
10-01-2006, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a troll who has been right about everything thus far. Pretty soon you won't have any choice but to face reality yourself.

Parlay Slow
10-01-2006, 10:15 PM
So you stand by your claims in various threads that:

1. ISPs will be legally obligated to block online poker sites

2. I should get my money out now because I won't be able to later

schroedy
10-02-2006, 03:50 AM
Although it may not do much, there is an online petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/LOGNOW/petition.html.

I would hope that you could help us out by directing all interested persons to that site. I think that concerns over email harvesting/spam lists and/or retribution are overblown and I would hope all 2+2'ers would sign up. We need to let Washington know en masse what we think.

jah7_fsu1
10-02-2006, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, a troll who has been right about everything thus far. Pretty soon you won't have any choice but to face reality yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you post here? At least some people putting out negatives seem to WANT things to be different. You have no reason for being here. Please leave.

bAbelr0cks
10-02-2006, 03:55 AM
I heard Party's shutting down to US players, William Hill isnt offering bonuses (prbably gonna do teh same as Party) and Stars is gonna be next.
Anyone hear anything beyond that?

This is garbage.

protoverus
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
What about a list of which Senators/Reps voted which way or at least a link to where this information could be found?

Thank you,

Be well.

rubbrband
10-02-2006, 08:17 PM
The problem that few people seem to understand is the motive behind the bill. Conservatives see this as a nod to their religious right but if this were the only reason they would ban more than just this sort of gambling. The government sees online gambling as a loss in billions every year to foreign countries. They can't tax it on because technically it happens on foreign soil. Creating US companies would be too difficult to implement laws to allow US companies to do gambling sites because gambling is illegal in some states and laws are different in every state. There answer is to ban gambling to stop the flow of money out of the country.

BWillie
10-02-2006, 08:34 PM
If I withdrawl my money in check form that takes a week or so to be sent to my house ..can I still do that right now..or when I get the check and the bill is signed will I not be able to cash it?

m_the0ry
10-02-2006, 09:11 PM
The fact of the matter is complaints need to be voiced by the millions who play online poker, speak to your senators. Your house members and senators voted for this bill, I guarantee it. Only 2 voted against the bill because it's about securing United States seaports. The internet gambling clause was tagged on and ignored for voting.

Gamblers are worth representing.

5thStreetHog
10-02-2006, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard Party's shutting down to US players, William Hill isnt offering bonuses (prbably gonna do teh same as Party) and Stars is gonna be next.
Anyone hear anything beyond that?

This is garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]William Hill dropped to their knees few day back banning U.S. accounts.

Bud31069
10-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Include a list of email address's. Congress, Whitehouse, news outlets.

Your Mom
10-02-2006, 09:44 PM
FWIW, according to a chat I had with Neteller, they were planning to implement the new Terms and Conditions for a long time now and it has nothing to do with the bill. They also said at this time, they don't anticipate any changes in what they currently do.

26-Card Stud
10-06-2006, 10:12 PM
I found a typo (5th Paragraph),

"rehasing" = "rehashing"

Performify
10-06-2006, 10:19 PM
thanks, fixed...

26-Card Stud
10-06-2006, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks, fixed...

[/ QUOTE ]

There's another one in that same sentence. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

IndyFish
10-06-2006, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about a list of which Senators/Reps voted which way or at least a link to where this information could be found?

Thank you,

Be well.

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerplayersalliance.org (http://pokerplayersalliance.org/alerts/HR4411_Votes.pdf) has a list of Congressmen who voted for the stand-alone online gaming ban (not the one that got attached to the Safe Ports bill).

mikeh1975
10-07-2006, 06:53 AM
william hill dropped on his knees.....something sounds dirty 'bout that,lol.