PDA

View Full Version : Nate, Berge, Mr. K. please answer this 1 question

Lego05
10-01-2006, 06:38 AM
Regardless of anything else.... how likely or unlikely...if anything big goes down.....How likely is it that the money we currently have in Pokerstars (Me) or partypoker (a lot of other poeple who may read this) will dissappear and we will be unable to withdraw?

Will the sites run off with our money now that is technically illegal? And even if not will it become nearly impossible for us to withdraw money without a foreign bank account.

P.S. Clearly in this post I do not consider the pool of fish drying up...I see that as unavoidable and as such so do not wish to discuss it. also see that this may be repetitive but I am sorry..... I have been here and with the effort for many months and am now scared shitless. i feel that ragardless I will lose much in profits although I hope that this will actually be limited but I hope that I will be informed early enough to not have sites keep the actual money I have in accounts with them (this includes just PokerStars, whom I trusted just about absolutely until this mess)

Mods...please feel free to lock...I am sorry but please answer my 1 question.....I am a little drunk and ridiculosuly worried as I have been for the last couple days.

Python49
10-01-2006, 06:51 AM
This has been answered in like each of the other threads on this issue.

BluffTHIS!
10-01-2006, 06:52 AM
See Hock's 270 Days Thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=law&Number=7486696&page=1 &fpart=1)

Lego05
10-01-2006, 07:01 AM
Sorry.......as I said drunk and worried. Any of the 3 mentione din the title want to chime in I'd really appreciat it. If noit I'm sure I'd understand.....especially once I sober up. [censored]. U.S. government. Go WTO and Antigua.

Lego05
10-01-2006, 07:12 AM
P.S. rom my oringinal post...

Sorry I should have at least said thisin my first post:

But regardless thank-you for all that you have done in informing and attempting to mobilize this forum. You all did more than you were called upon to do and for this I am very thankful regardless of the eventual outcome.

scorer
10-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Lego5, if gaming sites wanted to take your money they could of done it a long time ago. How does this bill have anything to do with the legality of gaming sites/this was already illegal some time ago. We can't start acting like poker/sportsbetting was okay beforehand. This just clarifies what is legal and what isn't. one year from now go to a site like fullilt poker and you will still see the abundance of poker pros in red playing on there site. Most live in the usa.

Nate tha\\\' Great
10-01-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't think that there is any material chance that a poker site of substantial size simply wipes out your funds and continues to operate.

I think there is some small chance that a poker site of small-to-medium size does NOT continue to operate (e.g. goes bankrupt), in which case your funds might be at some risk.

Bottom line: be smart, be vigilant. Don't panic, but don't keep more money in poker sites than you need to.

furyshade
10-01-2006, 01:28 PM
stars and party wont be the sites that would screw you out of your money, can't speak for less reputable istes

Jack Bando
10-01-2006, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stars and party wont be the sites that would screw you out of your money, can't speak for less reputable istes

[/ QUOTE ]

Any site that would take the money would be a ghost town when players who can still play leave. No one would play at a site that did that.