PDA

View Full Version : Check cash outs --

portisfreak
09-30-2006, 05:46 PM
This bill ruined my day. Nearly go busto last month then manage a series of miracle wins playing live mini-MTTs I manage to win back most of my bankroll back, then THWACK. Anyway, my question:

If we take a check cash out directly from a poker site, is it illegal under the new legislation? Most of my 'roll is in a bank account and going busto with what's online is unlikely to affect me greatly. I just want to know if I'd be potentially committing a crime by accepting the check.

A_C_Slater
09-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Will a bank be able to cash these checks? How will they know that it comes from gambling?

furyshade
09-30-2006, 07:11 PM
read the bill, it clearly says that cashing out is still legal, but depositing isn't

Lucky
09-30-2006, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
read the bill, it clearly says that cashing out is still legal, but depositing isn't

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about this? If so, not great, but good news nevertheless.

scrapperdog
09-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Are you sure that cashing out is legal but depositing is not? 1000% sure? If this is true I will be depositing on every poker site I have an account on so this is important to know. That way if they ban accounts on some of them next week I still have money to play with on others. This is really important information and would appreciate if someone 100% sure would answer this.

09-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah, this doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't that mean that assuming you just deposit a plentiful amount of money right now that you should be unaffected by this law? I understand te impact that it will have regarding the number of "fish" who are able to play, but as I've said in other threads, I'm willing to sacrifice that if I can still play.

MiltonFriedman
09-30-2006, 07:49 PM
"If we take a check cash out directly from a poker site, is it illegal under the new legislation?"

No, the Act only deals with deposits.

scrapperdog
09-30-2006, 07:50 PM
So now would be a good time to stock up on deposits?