PDA

View Full Version : Now that the legistlation has passed...

Havok
09-30-2006, 05:12 PM
What most online players were affraid of has finally happended. But, what does this actually mean.

1.Will there be many internet poker players being hauled off to prison? No. The players that have to worry are the pros associated with the internet sites. It stands to reason that the US goverenment will try to make an example out of some of them to scare others away. Will this have the desired effect they want? No.

2. How will poker players fund their accounts? Even if Neteller goes away, the poker sites will find a way.

3. How will the players get their money out of their accounts? Same as above.

4. Will this law be here in 5 years?
In my opinion the best question. I predict that most poker players won't stand for this kind of abuse by the US, and we should organize the poker players to effictively vote out all those that were in favor of this law, and elect new politicians.

5. How do we accomplish the above?
The poker players as a whole should ban together, and find out every politcian who voted for this anti-gambling law,and simply vote them out of their respected offices. In my opinion, the best way to send a message that they have pissed off the people.

I find it very troubling that we live in whats supposed to be the so called "land of the free" but we are constantly being told what we can and can't do with our free time. It is not okay to drink past 3 am in certain cities, but in others drinking 24 hours is okay. It's not okay to gamble in most cites, but in others...still okay. Hmmmm. I for one am very sick and tired of people in places of power force feeding us their damn beliefs of what is right and wrong in this country. I don't mean to get on a rant, but I'm very pissed off. This isn't the first time in my life I'm being told how to live my life by the government, and it probably won't be the last. But, I plan on using my right to vote to send a message to those pricks on capitol hill that should figure out better things to do with their time than telling hard working american citizens what they can't do with theirs.