PDA

View Full Version : Free Advice for Neteller, Firepay and IGM Pay

Dennisa
09-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Since these are our 3 major sources of funding financial poker transaction, and are subject of being blocked from US financial transactions I would suggest the following free advice.

Within 30 days from today, they need to announce a new payment gateway for Ebay. Initially to gain Ebay market share their gateway needs to be free for 90 days and then pernamentally offer their services for their financial transaction gateway at a 50% discount to paypals pricing.

I believe to be have any chance of being exempted from the current legislation, they have to prove they are not primarily a gambling transaction company. Most poker hobbiest from the US use the above 3 companies for the banking transactions to poker sites. They need to give the banking industry a reason to keep the pipeline open for financial transactions. If neteller is the 2nd leading transaction gateway on Ebay, it may be enough.

Although I do not have verified information, I would venture to guess IGM Pay is technically a different company from Party Poker.

I am also aware many Ebay sellers are not very happy with the paypal gateway as they are not that competative with their fees. If Firepay, Neteller or some other company announced Merchant Fee Free processing thru the Christmas season, you would see many of the largest Ebay sellers encourage switching to these new processing companies. Its just an idea, bottom line is Neteller et all needs to immediately diversify their transaction portfolio if they have a chance to continue to have an open pipeline to US ACH banking networks.

Dennisa

pig4bill
09-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Do you think the Feds are that stupid? The regs will probably be written so that if an institution makes ANY transfers to a poker site, they will be on the list. Not if they make mostly poker site transfers.

HSB
09-30-2006, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the Feds are that stupid? The regs will probably be written so that if an institution makes ANY transfers to a poker site, they will be on the list. Not if they make mostly poker site transfers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there is any reason to believe that is remotely accurate.

Edit--and in my industry I have seen enough stupid regulations to believe that they are in fact that stupid.

JOHNY CA$H
09-30-2006, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the Feds are that stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

And, more importantly, I don't think they're looking for a drawn-out fight in regards to online poker. The more hassle, the better.

ASmith84
09-30-2006, 02:38 PM
The fact that Ebay bought PayPal a few years ago and has automated the service into their auctions(Buy it now) pretty much ruins this idea. While Neteller could offer lower fees to mass merchants, the "fish" of ebay or casual bidders will not go through the process of opening a foreign bank account in order to do their shopping when PayPal is readily available. Ebay pretty much monopolized their service where no other payment processor could ever catch on.

genuinejon
09-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Payment Services permitted on eBay: Allpay.net, Bidpay, cash2india, CertaPay, Checkfree.com, hyperwallet.com, Moneybookers.com, Nochex.com, Ozpay.biz, Paymate.com.au, Propay.com, XOOM

Payment Services not permitted on eBay: AlertPay.com, anypay.com, AuctionChex.com, BillPay.ie, ecount.com, cardserviceinternational.com, CCAvenue, ecount, e-gold, eHotPay.com, ePassporte.com, EuroGiro, FastCash.com, Google Checkout, gcash, GearPay, Goldmoney.com, graphcard.com, greenzap.com, ikobo.com, Liberty Dollars, Moneygram.com, neteller.com, Netpay.com, paychest.com, payingfast.com, Payko.com, paypay, Postepay, Qchex.com, rupay.com, sendmoneyorder.com, stamps, Stormpay, wmtransfer.com, xcoin.com