PDA

View Full Version : Ok, It's probably pretty illegal but I submit --- Party Poker Branches

Sarge85
09-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Ok in the spirit of thinking outside the Box.

So we can't fund eletronically - so what if there was a way to get cold hard cash to Party (or whoever)

Now nobody wants to send cash via mail right, and apparently checks wouldn't work either, so I thought what if I could walk in and give them $100 in cash and fund my account ----

So what if Party Poker partners up with, I don't know - WalMart and has a Party Branch in each WalMart -- from there any Joe Blow could open an account - deposit - withdraw? Cash Only.

If it meant Party Cornered the American market would they do something akin to this?

They wouldnt even need to provide staffing - each transaction that takes place, Walmart gets a little piece.

Not much of a hoop to jump through, and dare I say could attract new players......

Flame On...

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

chicagoY
09-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Why flame? What good did thinking in the box do anybody? Hey, at least you're trying.

Copernicus
09-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I dont think the "branch" would ever be able to deposit their share in a bank, it would have to remain in cash.

sergsz
09-30-2006, 01:04 PM
No offense, but why on eath would one of the largest corporations in the US risk getting in trouble for something that is blatantly illegal and jeopardize billions of dollars of legitimate revenue?

badger2006
09-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah what a perfect world, Internet Poker cafes. If anyone, Walmart would probably have the means to get it done. However, they are a very conservative company. Of course they could dole out 10% of their profits from this to global warming action and another 10% to buying bibles forpoor children and appease the left and the right.

lippy
09-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Well, I'm sure this would get banned rather quickly, but it's a funny/good idea.

Jartavius
09-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Wouldn't this be tantamount to running a bookie? It'd fly in Nevada, I guess.

Guthrie
09-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Wal-Mart? The same company that dictates content and box art to Hollywood so as not to offend the right-wing religious fanatics at their corporate headquarters, is going to have branch banks for an illegal gambling enterprise? Yeah, right.