PDA

View Full Version : PP closed my account

GH.
01-02-2006, 05:43 AM
I can't log onto PP - it says my account has been closed. I called customer service/investigations and they said that my account was under "routine investigation" and that I would be able to log in 24-48 hours later. Is this anything to worry about? I have a rakeback account. I also have won a relatively large amount of money recently, running well while multitabling 15/30. I definitely do not cheat, although recently someone did call me a bot, even though I play pretty LAG.

So, is this standard?

Edit: my friend who has the same affiliate as me also had his account "closed". Same problem.

Niediam
01-02-2006, 05:57 AM
Apparently you have discovered what the problem is. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really hope your affiliate didn't do anything really stupid like transfer you the rakeback on Party itself...

GH.
01-02-2006, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently you have discovered what the problem is. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really hope your affiliate didn't do anything really stupid like transfer you the rakeback on Party itself...

[/ QUOTE ]

He transfers our RB money through neteller

My friend and I also play the same games, although we definitely don't collude. Quite the opposite actually, we try to outplay each other. We both have also won relatively tremendous amounts in the 15/30 game for the past few weeks - we are definitely two of the top moneymakers if not the biggest moneymakers in 15/30 during this time. Perhaps PP thinks we are colluding - that is also a possibility

Can PP just close accounts and seize money? Is this legal? Because if PP does this can I sue?

Tony_P
01-02-2006, 06:19 AM
"My friend and I also play the same games, although we definitely don't collude."

Not so good.

"Because if PP does this can I sue?"

In the sence that you could sue anyone you want, yes.

Are you in the US? If so, how do you plan to sue a company in Gibralter?

krazyace5
01-02-2006, 06:29 AM
If you don't collude, hand historys will show this and you should have nothing to worry about.

GH.
01-02-2006, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"My friend and I also play the same games, although we definitely don't collude."

Not so good.

[/ QUOTE ]

We both play up to 8 tables of 15/30. How do we collude? We're not bots and we have to make quick decisions. There is no time to chat. We both have huge egos anyways. Hand histories will show that we try to outplay each other a lot, and we both mistrust each other to the point that if one of us has ace high or better, the hand is going to showdown.

However, we do play similarly. As in more LAG than 2p2 TAG. They will quickly figure out we're not bots because we both isolate fish ridiculously and we throw in random raises and threebets based on the situation.

MicroBob
01-02-2006, 06:38 AM
party could take all your money just about anytime they wanted and for any reason and you probably couldn't do much about it.

if they decided they didn't like you because you're left-handed and wear Hanes underwear then you are mostly powerless to stop them imo.

It's their site. Their rules. They have your money.
You best not be threatening...and hope they are willing to listen to whatever defense/excuse you have for whatever they end up accusing you of.

is this legal? can you sue?
they aren't in the U.S. It would be pretty difficult to sue them. It's possible somehow I guess. But it sure wouldn't be easy.

GH.
01-02-2006, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

"Because if PP does this can I sue?"

In the sence that you could sue anyone you want, yes.

Are you in the US? If so, how do you plan to sue a company in Gibralter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can PP seize my funds based on the fact that I have a RB account and that I am a winning player?

GH.
01-02-2006, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
party could take all your money just about anytime they wanted and for any reason and you probably couldn't do much about it.

if they decided they didn't like you because you're left-handed and wear Hanes underwear then you are mostly powerless to stop them imo.

It's their site. Their rules. They have your money.
You best not be threatening...and hope they are willing to listen to whatever defense/excuse you have for whatever they end up accusing you of.

is this legal? can you sue?
they aren't in the U.S. It would be pretty difficult to sue them. It's possible somehow I guess. But it sure wouldn't be easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks. It really does, but the money I have in my account is a meaningless sum to them. It is a large sum to any sane individual who doesnt play like the big game at the Bellagio.

How should I approach if they keep delaying me? As in constantly telling me to "contact them again in 24-48 hrs"

MicroBob
01-02-2006, 06:42 AM
they can.

but they really don't care if you are a winning player or not.

they might care enough regarding your rake-back.

Most likely the worst that would happen is they would close your accont and give you your money back.

Unless you were up to something super-shady they won't confiscate your funds. In the past, receiving rake-back has never qualified as being super-shady.

But what is all this 'can they' stuff?
Of course they can.
they have your money. If they wanted to not give it back to you that's up to them.

GH.
01-02-2006, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they can.

but they really don't care if you are a winning player or not.

they might care enough regarding your rake-back.

Most likely the worst that would happen is they would close your accont and give you your money back.

Unless you were up to something super-shady they won't confiscate your funds. In the past, receiving rake-back has never qualified as being super-shady.

But what is all this 'can they' stuff?
Of course they can.
they have your money. If they wanted to not give it back to you that's up to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not done anything super shady. Thanks for the reassurance that my money is safe.

teddyFBI
01-02-2006, 09:09 AM
PP recently did same to me. After 24 hours or so, i got an email saying they had re-opened my acct, without ever a peep as to why they had closed it in the first place.

GrannyMae
01-02-2006, 09:24 AM
My friend and I also play the same games, although we definitely don't collude.

your problem is NOT because of RB. it is because of the above. if you never cheated with your friend, you will get every dime back. if you did, kiss your funds goodbye.

that simple

Phil153
01-02-2006, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend and I also play the same games, although we definitely don't collude.

your problem is NOT because of RB. it is because of the above. if you never cheated with your friend, you will get every dime back. if you did, kiss your funds goodbye.

that simple

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why Party is #1 and will continue to be. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ohnonotthat
01-02-2006, 10:59 AM
So they FINALLY caught up with you . . . it's true what they say.

"The wheels of justice grind slow but they grind exceedingly fine".

I know of NOBODY whose funds have been seized, but this could have to do with the fact that I associate with decent, honorable people.

Did you ever hear of a concept called the "appearance of impropriety" ?

How many 15-30 games are typically going at PARTY, 10, 20, 30, more - yet you needed to play with your"friend".

Be reasonably assured you will get your money back unless they can establish a major pattern in yours and his play - even then you'll likely get back what you put in, as to the winnings . . . a definite maybe.

Please note that I am a usually a staunch ally, sight unseen, with anyone against PARTY, on those rare occasions when I am not I have remained neutral, yet here I sit having torn you a new one.

Maybe I'm just cranky today - yeah, that's probably it.

I can't imagine it has anything to do with them having found the smoking gun in your possesion.

I cannot imagine they would be under the jurisdiction of any court vis-a-vis this matter and if they are it could take years to have this heard - if it ever was - and then you'd have to win . . . good luck.

In closing: If the masses here find your story holds water I will be the first to contribute to a fund used to assist you with this matter - whether I think you are on the up and up or not.

Best wishes,

- Chris

ohnonotthat
01-02-2006, 11:03 AM
They are number one DUE to happenstance and DESPITE their best efforts at self mutilation.

I agree with Granny's statement but please let's not build a shrine to honor behavior that is in their, and only their, own interest.

PARTY could screw up a wet dream; wait.

EDIT: Change COULD to HAS and add "on many occasions".

ohnonotthat
01-02-2006, 11:06 AM
When did they first say it ?

An hour ago, last week, mid summer . . .

One thing I have never seen them do is string anyone along; feel confident that they if there is bad news to break, they will in fact break it.

ohnonotthat
01-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Gibralt"A"r

and I'm not even certain this would be the country of jurisdiction.

They trade in the U.K., have servers in Canada - but on sovereign foreign (Native American) land - and may have assets in any of a dozen countries.

The world court is not well known for granting expedited trial dates.

"Justice delayed" may indeed be "justice denied" but they don't seem to be all that moved by this platitude.

ohnonotthat
01-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Hmm -

You might be better off if you were [bots] assuming you operated independently of one another.

Unless they ruled on this while I was out (which they may well have) a which operates TOTALLY independent on other bots is a clever invention - if they operate dependently they are a larcenous device.

Sounds as though they draw little if any distinction between neurons and printed circuitry here.

Nor should they, IMHO.

thatpfunk
01-02-2006, 11:16 AM
"However, we do play similarly. As in more LAG than 2p2 TAG. They will quickly figure out we're not bots because we both isolate fish ridiculously and we throw in random raises and threebets based on the situation. "

Does this sound as super-sketchy to everyone else as it did to me? I read it and thought "Oh, so you were colluding, now you're making excuses about it."

GrannyMae
01-02-2006, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"However, we do play similarly. As in more LAG than 2p2 TAG. They will quickly figure out we're not bots because we both isolate fish ridiculously and we throw in random raises and threebets based on the situation. "

Does this sound as super-sketchy to everyone else as it did to me? I read it and thought "Oh, so you were colluding, now you're making excuses about it."

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

random raises and three bets if you both were in the hand will be a problem in the audit.

ohnonotthat
01-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Can't speak for everyone else, but I keep hearing the following line (in olde English of course ) . . .

"Me thinks he doth protest too much".

KinkyKid
01-02-2006, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They will quickly figure out we're not bots because we both isolate fish ridiculously and we throw in random raises and threebets based on the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

These random raises and three-bets don't often occur when the pot is threeway and you are two of the people, do they?

Phytopath
01-02-2006, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They will quickly figure out we're not bots because we both isolate fish ridiculously and we throw in random raises and threebets based on the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

These random raises and three-bets don't often occur when the pot is threeway and you are two of the people, do they?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were colluding I really hope that you get busted hard, if you weren't I am sure that their won't be a problem.

As for the RB accounts, wouldn't they just stop paying the affliate? I don't think that would be reason to shut down your account, well at least not permanently.

thing85
01-02-2006, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, I'm [censored].

Sniper
01-02-2006, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the 2 of you playing in the same room or comunicating via IM too?

jman220
01-02-2006, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gibralt"A"r

and I'm not even certain this would be the country of jurisdiction.

They trade in the U.K., have servers in Canada - but on sovereign foreign (Native American) land - and may have assets in any of a dozen countries.

The world court is not well known for granting expedited trial dates.

"Justice delayed" may indeed be "justice denied" but they don't seem to be all that moved by this platitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're talking about a good deal of money here, "technically" you could sue them in the US. (US federal and state jurisdictional rules tend to be very lax, suing foreign companies is not hard if htey have significant contacts within the US). You could even "technically" win. However, you don't have the resources to sue a mega-corporation in a trial that would take years, so "actually," no you can't sue them.

excession
01-02-2006, 02:38 PM
I've sued in Gibraltar - not that difficult - based on English common law after all..

That said in reality they will only seize your funds if you have been colluding - I sure hope you and your 'friend' didn't get 'psychic' at any point during your play ripping a hole in those high stakes tables..

ep510
01-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Can PP track AIM conversations?

GH.
01-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Wow. Are a lot of you just assuming we cheat because we play lots of tables together? We definitely don't cheat. We just both 8 table and we both use good table selection at 15/30. That means we will often be playing the same tables together since there are usually 20 tables of 15/30 max and many of them are not good tables. Late at night Pacific time there will be as few as 3-5 tables sometimes. Often times we'll be at all the 15/30 tables together, because well there are no other tables to be at.

Simple as that.

2. "Random raises and threebets" - as in my friend and I both are aggressive enough to raise almost any two in many situations if the situation seems to warrant it. For example, if a loose passive fish open limps EP, and I'm in MP, I'll raise many many hands here. This strategy is not advocated by 2p2, but I (and my friend) both do this. This does not mean I'll raise with 27o and he'll threebet with 27o and we try to bet someone out of the pot. When we do play multiway pots we play fairly straightforward. While we do threebet each other thin HU, the minimum he'd threebet me with is any pair and probably down to A8/A9o. And our headsup hands are definitely legit and we definitely try to extract extra bets from each other or try to outplay each ohter. Us being bots is not even a question

As to the rest of you who are suspicious of our play/style, just forget it because you either misinterpreted my previous posts or you just play less aggressive and tighter.

3. Finally someone said this has happened to them too (teddy). I'm glad this has happened to someone else too. I asked if I could sue (in the heat of the moment), now that I look at it my account is probably fine. So whatever.

GH.
01-02-2006, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the 2 of you playing in the same room or comunicating via IM too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this will sound shady, but we chat over AIM a lot. But not constantly. We send hand histories to each other and discuss hands, or we discuss opponents. But we never discuss hands/opponents when they are happening

Maybe 80% of the time we're not even playing at the same time. Sometimes one of us is datamining and doing other stuff while the other is playing, and we'll stil discuss hands. Often times we will have pauses in our AIM conversations for hours. Sometimes one of us is playing while the other is busy with his girlfriend.

Sure we use AIM while we play. But we don't cheat, although we can't prove that we don't when it comes down to it. The only argument we can probably give if asked is that we both play a lot of tables and it's hard to follow another person's action while following your own.

I hope it doesn't really matter.

Patrick Bateman
01-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Don't try to convince us, convince party

GH.
01-02-2006, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't try to convince us, convince party

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for now I am not in contact with Party because they told me the investigation will last 24-48 hrs and my account was shut down about 12 hrs ago.

But I felt I had to respond to the people who said I'm shady, didn't I?

It's fairly common for people who know each other to play in the same games, let's say for example bicyclekick will play against a friend in his 100/200 game while he's only 2-3 tabling because of limited game selection, why is it suspicious that someone who multitables 8 tables at 15/30 will play at many tables with someone else who multitables 8 tables on the same site? It's inevitable.

Anyways, I think this thread is pointless now, not that I post here much but I can't just watch people on 2p2 flame me and not respond. I'll probably get my account back soon because I know I don't cheat. Then I'll continue playing again and once again go into 2p2 dormacy because of the egos and attitudes here. Not saying I don't have a huge ego, just saying I don't post here much because of the atmosphere. Because obviously I'm not respected, not that I care but if you're not respected here you get ignored and or treated like [censored] by other posters.

primetime32
01-02-2006, 05:38 PM
maybe the lesson here isnt that the people here have egos, but that you shouldn't be using AIM with someone else at a table you are playing with. How do people know if you use it to cheat or not? party is supposed to just trust you guys?

My guess is that you guys will be lucky if all that happens to you is that you and your buddy are no longer allowed to play at the same table.

GH.
01-02-2006, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe the lesson here isnt that the people here have egos, but that you shouldn't be using AIM with someone else at a table you are playing with. How do people know if you use it to cheat or not? party is supposed to just trust you guys?

My guess is that you guys will be lucky if all that happens to you is that you and your buddy are no longer allowed to play at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Even if we're completely honest (which we are) there is no reason for anyone else to trust us. I agree.

If we aren't allowed to play the same tables, one of us will just move up to 20/40. It doesn't matter that much. We are both very properly rolled. I just dont want to lose my account since I have a lot of money in it and I was planning to cash out some as soon as 2006 hit but wasn't able to

If PP has half a brain, they'd leave us alone because we're honest and we're generating maybe 150k in rake for them annually

CORed
01-02-2006, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can PP just close accounts and seize money? Is this legal?

[/ QUOTE ]
According to their terms and conditions, to which you agreed when you registered, they can do this.
[ QUOTE ]
Because if PP does this can I sue?

[/ QUOTE ]
You could probably file a suit against them in Gibraltar, where they are headquartered. Good luck with that.

MicroBob
01-02-2006, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For example, if a loose passive fish open limps EP, and I'm in MP, I'll raise many many hands here. This strategy is not advocated by 2p2

[/ QUOTE ]

How is iso-raising an EP passive-fish NOT advocated by 2+2?

Unabridged
01-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Did your affiliate register both accounts for you guys? Did one of those random raises occur in a multiway pot while the other one of you held a strong hand? if this happened more than once and someone complained you are being thoroughly investigated.

this is why i like party, this is the one thing they don't [censored] around with

mmbt0ne
01-02-2006, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes one of us is playing while the other is busy with his girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are good friends.

jman220
01-02-2006, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For example, if a loose passive fish open limps EP, and I'm in MP, I'll raise many many hands here. This strategy is not advocated by 2p2

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going to post this.

GH.
01-02-2006, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My range here is a lot wider than pretty much all 2p2 players. I know because I've posted a hand where I iso-raised with a certain hand (which is fairly standard for me) and people flamed it. It doesn't really matter anyways.

GH.
01-02-2006, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did your affiliate register both accounts for you guys? Did one of those random raises occur in a multiway pot while the other one of you held a strong hand? if this happened more than once and someone complained you are being thoroughly investigated.

this is why i like party, this is the one thing they don't [censored] around with

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't [censored] around in multiway pots. We don't try to "bet" people out. I've already said this a few times in this thread. While we might try to outplay each other HU, I (and probably my friend) play pretty standard/straightforward in multiway pots.

My friend and I discussed this and the only hand close to us trying to bet someone out was the following hand a month or so ago: Friend opened from some position with AQ, SB defended, I defended with JT in BB. Flop was JT9, Turn was a Q, and river was a 8. On the river I think SB bet, I raised and my friend threebet. SB ended up having a hand like KJ for a better straight than the board. The hand was shown down by both of us since the pot was so big. That's as close as it has ever gotten to us "betting someone out", even though my friend only threebet the river because he was pretty confident that I was making a move trying to shut him out of a chopped pot.

Every time in multiway pots we always have some type of hand or draw.

GH.
01-02-2006, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes one of us is playing while the other is busy with his girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are good friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

We also have threesomes with our moms. Isn't this normal???

KinkyKid
01-02-2006, 08:44 PM
You can understand our suspicions (even if they are untrue)(These quotes have all been excerpted from posts and are not the posts in their entirety):
[ QUOTE ]
I can't log onto PP - it says my account has been closed. I called customer service/investigations and they said that my account was under "routine investigation" and that I would be able to log in 24-48 hours later. Is this anything to worry about? I have a rakeback account. I also have won a relatively large amount of money recently, running well while multitabling 15/30. I definitely do not cheat, although recently someone did call me a bot, even though I play pretty LAG.

So, is this standard?

Edit: my friend who has the same affiliate as me also had his account "closed". Same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so people bring up that maybe your affiliate screwed up. But you then shifted directions and said no, maybe it was this:

[ QUOTE ]
My friend and I also play the same games, although we definitely don't collude. Quite the opposite actually, we try to outplay each other. We both have also won relatively tremendous amounts in the 15/30 game for the past few weeks - we are definitely two of the top moneymakers if not the biggest moneymakers in 15/30 during this time. Perhaps PP thinks we are colluding - that is also a possibility

[/ QUOTE ]

So you bring up the possibility that this is due to PP thinking you two have colluded. Next big post:

[ QUOTE ]
However, we do play similarly. As in more LAG than 2p2 TAG. They will quickly figure out we're not bots because we both isolate fish ridiculously and we throw in random raises and threebets based on the situation

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are we to assume from the random raises part? Final kicker:

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, this will sound shady, but we chat over AIM a lot. But not constantly. We send hand histories to each other and discuss hands, or we discuss opponents. But we never discuss hands/opponents when they are happening

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I'm sure you understand the skepticism going around. Additionally, people want to think you cheated. They don't want to believe that RB at Party can result in this. I hope this all gets resolved quickly and everything is on the up and up. That someone accused you of cheating and Party finds nothing. Or that your affiliate is cut off. But in the meantime, don't put posts up that make you look bad and then get upset that people are saying you might be a cheat. Personally, I would have stopped after the first post.

GH.
01-02-2006, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Next big post:

[ QUOTE ]
However, we do play similarly. As in more LAG than 2p2 TAG. They will quickly figure out we're not bots because we both isolate fish ridiculously and we throw in random raises and threebets based on the situation

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post was the biggest cause of accusation. It's worded badly on my part. But pretty much I meant that EITHER I or HIM (in SEPARATE pots) raise or threebet pretty much a wide range of hands player dependently. I've gone as far as cold-cap A7o preflop once agaisnt two maniacs, whether it was dumb or not it doesn't matter but it means I play "strangely". It is not that we random raise while in the pot together, more like we have made plays which are more uncommon. I'll repeat it again: WE ARE GENERALLY STRAIGHTFORWARD PLAYERS IN MULTIWAY POTS, NO MATTER WHETHER WE AREIN THE SAME POT TOGETHER OR NOT. I've tried to clarify this over and over and people still don't listen.

People seem to want us to get banned. People want us to be cheaters. People like this drama. I agree.

And I'll also take your advice. I'm going to stop replying to this thread unless someone posts something new. Something useful and or insightful.

Thanks for the responses

kdog
01-02-2006, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We also have threesomes with our moms. Isn't this normal???

[/ QUOTE ]
Certainly. Threesomes with your moms is very normal for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigballz
01-02-2006, 11:02 PM
GH, no matter how innocent you are, people won't believe you. I had my party account clsoed for BS, and everyone loves to think you are a cheater. It's useless to defend.

Sponger.
01-02-2006, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GH, no matter how innocent you are, people won't believe you. I had my party account clsoed for BS, and everyone loves to think you are a cheater. It's useless to defend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I was accused of cheating before because I was venting my frustration about not being able to play at the same tables as someone who I've done an interaccount transfer with.

ohnonotthat
01-03-2006, 01:52 AM
but my curiousity has gotten the best of me.

How much money are we talking about ?

> . . . - 2,000

> 2,001 - 3,000

> 3,001 - 5,000

> 5,001 - 10,000

> 10,001 - 15,000

> 15,001 - 20,000

> 20,001 - . . .

If you multi-table 15-30 and this nonsense is for less than 2k, [expletive] you for wasting our time.

If it's over 20k, why do you keep this amount in Party to play 15-30 - even 8 games at once ?

- Neteller funds instantly and Party gets withdrawals TO Neteller in [usually] under 6 hours - the amount of time one would expect you to be sleeping - which leaves me unable to understand why it would be this much, unless you had a major score just before they froze your account (and prior to them authorizing your most recent withdrawal).

If the amount is between 5 and 15 thousand, which I assume it is, you do have leverage.

Sleep well tonight knowing that IF this ends up ugly your recourse is simply to post ALL your hands (not literaly post but make available) here.

If the tide leans even slightly in your direction expect to see many, many accounts suddenly become inactive.

There are alot of us here who cannot afford (or simply would not choose to risk) the loss of our bankrolls - especially when there are a half dozen other beatable sites at which to play.

If this doesn't work consider performing to a still larger audience.

If you think a forum populated with a large number of people who WIN there would balk, ask yourself how the losers would feel - then ask yourself how to get the word out to the fishies.

This is meant to be a semi-apology for my earlier smart-ass reply; if you are innocent you have no worries - at least as far as your stake is concerned - and as far as future play, I cannot picture them giving you back your money while not allowing you to play. I suppose they could but it's extremely unlikely.

- Chris

scrapperdog
01-03-2006, 02:12 AM
How much brains does it take to sit there and wait 48 hours and see what they say?

You think starting a thread on this forum, admitting you get rakeback, bring up collusion and explaining how you are the ultimate LAG is gonna do you any good? Ask about a lawsuit, tell us all about your friend that plays on the same tables as you....

This is probably the worst thing you could have done, next to mailing PP and requesting they confiscate your funds. I have no clue why a person would think this is a good idea.

ohnonotthat
01-03-2006, 02:37 AM
but I don't think he plays as "GH." at Party.

He wanted someone to pat his head, tell him he's a good boy, and reassure him that he had nothing to worry about.

Kind of like when your girlfriend/wife asks if she looks like she's gaining weight.

If she asks it's because she has gained some - typically 2 or 3 lbs. - and wants you to say she still looks hot.

So, here goes.

GH., you still make me hot. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

- Maybe now we can move on.

Petomane
01-03-2006, 02:40 AM
Let me get this straight - you both message each other while at the same table?
Doesn't matter what you discuss - that should NEVER be allowed.
And you've both won large amounts.
If I had a friend who played like I do, I'd avoid him at the tables altogether.

StellarWind
01-03-2006, 04:42 AM
This forum is a kangaroo court. Don't know why you thought it would be helpful to post your problem here /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Many posters in this thread should be embarrassed by their behavior.

How many pairs of 8-tabling Party 15/30 players with the same affiliate have their accounts locked and under investigation at this exact moment? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. Think about that before you post problems like this in the future.

In my opinion privately discussing reads during a session is unethical even if it never occurs during a hand. I think you should stop doing it. I'm not calling you a cheater or suggesting that this is grounds for Party to punish you.

Discussing sports, girls, or the weather over AIM while playing poker is not unethical. As for why anyone should trust you, well everyone has to trust me not to use my telephone too. You cannot verify that two players are not discussing hands online. It's simply impossible. There is no ethical difference between nonstop nonpoker discussions and no communication at all.

As a practical matter I would never use AIM while playing because I am afraid some snoopy poker room might draw the wrong conclusion and punish me.

I do agree with a sentiment implicitly expressed by many posters in this forum. Party is an extremely competent organization in every respect. There is no possibility that an innocent person could ever have their funds seized for colluding, use of banned software, or operating a bot. The software tools for detecting hanky-panky on your PC are part of their impeccably tested and bug-free poker client. As for the human aspect of the investigation, Party security procedures are rightfully secret, but we can draw the proper conclusions from the rest of the organization. I'm sure they only hire top-quality poker analysts and rigourously train them to follow carefully-developed industry-leading procedures.

theRealMacoy
01-03-2006, 07:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party is an extremely competent organization in every respect. There is no possibility that an innocent person could ever have their funds seized for colluding, use of banned software, or operating a bot. The software tools for detecting hanky-panky on your PC are part of their impeccably tested and bug-free poker client. As for the human aspect of the investigation, Party security procedures are rightfully secret, but we can draw the proper conclusions from the rest of the organization. I'm sure they only hire top-quality poker analysts and rigourously train them to follow carefully-developed industry-leading procedures.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my favourite part...absolutely dripping

Mike Haven
01-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Thread started by GH locked at GH's request.

In theory, there is no problem with someone else starting a related thread if they deem it to be necessary. MH.