PDA

View Full Version : epassporte: Opinions?

Stew Griffin
01-27-2006, 06:21 PM
I am having a nightmare of a time dealing with these folks. Apparently they had no record of a charge that was showing up on my bank transaction statement. After countless calls I FINALLY had them fax a statement to my bank releasing the authoriazation. Should I even deal with them anymore or should I jump ship? I've read both good and bad about them on here.

Stew Griffin
01-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Strike that. They didn't even send the correct fax to release the authorization. Yippee!

boracay
01-28-2006, 12:13 AM
my advice is stay away from eapassporte. read previous posts about them.

Stew Griffin
01-28-2006, 12:41 AM
I did a search on them and there were definitely some mixed reviews. I can say for a fact that their customer service is atrocious! Thanks for the heads up.

Mimick
01-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Speaking from personal experience, I have had an account with ePassporte for almost 2 years now and I have never had a problem with them. However, whenever I can use Neteller I always use them instead only because I know their CS is very good and always resolves and questions/problems I may have.

thelyingthief
01-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Neteller is excellent; they have a laggard transfer time to your bank account, somewhat; and there are issues surrounding your first deposit.

But they are owned by a major bank, and they are very trustworthy.

malo
01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
I opened an Epassporte account in November, and all financial transactions have been fine--have moved money back and forth with no problems.

But I purchased an Electron card.....which I still don't have.

I won't bore everyone here with the details, but it has supposedly been mailed three times---the last mailing occuring this past Friday 1/27. Emails have been unanswered, promised callbacks from supervisors never are received, etc.,etc. When I finally got someone on the phone last Tuesday, asked it be FedEx'ed to my work address. They said they "weren't set up for that." Excuse me? How can a business not be set up for courier delivery of some sort?

Got another living person by phone on Saturday, and asked to speak to a manager. Was told none were available, as it was "outside normal business hours." Visa customer support centers are always supposed to have management available.

So now waiting for another card.....and really thinking about reporting their gawdawful customer service to Visa itself......

HavanaBanana
01-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Fight to get out!

I'll trust TJ with my money before I trust EPassPorte!

ToT

BigF
01-31-2006, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Neteller is excellent; they have a laggard transfer time to your bank account, somewhat; and there are issues surrounding your first deposit.

But they are owned by a major bank, and they are very trustworthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is misleading. Neteller is NOT (regulated as) a bank.